Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannibal Corpse

Go down 
+24
Troublezone
allthingsmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
Gilbert
chucksteak
Mattallica667
Stender
DallasBlack
TheGooch
sam
DeathCult
James B.
Leatherface
Lurideath
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
stevegarveyfan
MetalRob331
mc666
manny
INVADERS
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Cannibal Corpse anyone?   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:35 am

Anybody fans of these guys?
I know alot of people go on about Christian Death Metal and such in this forum, but is anyboy a fan of CC and other Death Metal bands like Nile, Malevolent Creation, Deicide etc?

Invaders 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 am

yes I am fan of Cannibal Corpse not a huge fan but fan enough to buy "Butchered at Birth" and 'Tomb of the Mutilated" over the weekend. Great stuff and the sickest lyrics I have ever read.

Nile is a great band also, and I do like Deicide but their anti Christ stance is not only getting old but it was silly in the first place.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:44 am

i love death metal. it's my favorite form of metal. particularly the tech/brutal/grind stuff.

you might find another death metal fan here somewhere. i recall Toho going on about how much he loves it.

Last edited by mc666 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:44 am

I agree with you on the Deicide front in that musically, they are excellent and Glen Benton is an awesome vocalist, but even though the anti-christ/religion thing doesn't bother me as i am not religious, it is getting very old and isn't as shocking as it was when the band first emerged... but each to there own i suppose.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:49 am

I like a few CC songs. I agree some very sick lyrics that I find more hilarious then anything. Fav song is Disfigured off the Vile cd. That song has killer groove.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:52 am

I love both era's of CC. Both the Barnes stuff and the Corpsegrinder era.
Vile was an awesome debut for Corpsegrinder. Unleashing the Bloodthirsty is an awesome song from Bloodthirst, that also has a killer groove to it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:52 am

The lyrics donot bother me from either Cannibal Corpse or Deicide, I look at as Stephen King or Clive Barker novels in a musical form, but Glen Benton seems to intent on shocking, which like you said to each their own.

My favorite death metal band ( not including Death) is Morbid Angel, and I am fan of Obituary's 'The End Complete"
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:03 pm

i am with Manny, Morbid Angel is the best by far. as for lyrics...i pay no attention to religious or anti-religious tirades. i am a total gore nut though.

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

I really like Malevolent Creation. It's some of the heaviest stuff I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Especially The Will to Kill and Envenomed. It's seriously good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 pm

"The Bleeding" is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:05 pm

The bleeding always reminded me of a death metal blackened, the song that is
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
i am with Manny, Morbid Angel is the best by far.

I'm not much of a death metal guy but Morbid Angel is an amazingly heavy band... Trey Azagthoth is like the Eddie Van Halen of DM... saw'em live once years ago and it was one of the heaviest shows I've ever been to!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i am with Manny, Morbid Angel is the best by far.

I'm not much of a death metal guy but Morbid Angel is an amazingly heavy band... Trey Azagthoth is like the Eddie Van Halen of DM... saw'em live once years ago and it was one of the heaviest shows I've ever been to!

Trey is def a DM guitar legend. I remember buying Domination and hearing the song Dominate. I thought that was the heaviest thing out at the time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 pm

The first three Morbid Angel albums just kill IMO and Trey is a great guitartist , listening to "Altars of Madness and " Blessed are the Sick" it is incredible how good they are.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:34 pm

I use to be a big Death Metal fan. Guess I just grew a bit tired of it. I tend to like the simple, grunt-n-grind stuff like Bolt Thrower and Six Feet Under. Also those early bands like Death and Possessed are great. Mortification are one of my favorites as well, but other than "Scrolls", most of their stuff fell closer to the thrash/death side of things than pure death metal. Use to own a ton of death metal CDs. Carcass is another! I own a select few now.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 pm

I should mention I am big fan of the band Death and Chuck was a monster on the axe as was/is James Murphy who played in one of the numerous Death line ups.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 pm

manny wrote:

James Murphy who played in one of the numerous Death line ups.

I met James Murphy at a Testament gig back in the early 90s (LOW era) when he was a member of that band. My brother also met James back when he was still playing with Death. (of course I mean JAMES was playing with Death, not my brother...hahaha). He's a very cool guy.

I understand James has had pretty major health problems over the past couple of years related to some kind of brain tumor, I wonder how he's doing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:29 pm

I am huge into death metal!

My favorite bands are

Grave
Unleashed
Edge of Sanity
Dismember
Carnage
Carcass
Gorguts
Bolt Thrower
Angel Corpse
Gravehill

And yes Cannibal Corpse is an awesome band! Looking fwd to their new album a lot as well!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Big death metal fan and I do enjoy Cannibal Corpse as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:36 pm

From time to time, I listen to this 120 minute TDK tape someone gave me with just "Death" written in pencil on the label. My neck always hurts afterwards and as for the lyrics...
well... can't ever understand them good enough to trip on anything they are saying 🤘
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:39 am

LOVE death metal. I really enjoy the Cannibal Corpse Barnes-era albums, but I never listened to anything they did with Corpsegrinder after Gallery Of Suicide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:30 pm

love death metal, just really got into cannibal corpse their album kill was frickin' sweet. I tend to prefer the brutal and tech stuff. some of my favorite bands are nile, spawn of possession, visceral bleeding, death, and a lot of the true melodeath bands such as kalmah, amon amarth, kataklysm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 am

going to see cannibal corpse in feb which i am very excited about i always wanted to see them
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:02 pm

I like some death metal but like thrash and black, usually there has to be something that separates them from the pack. When I'm in the mood, I can do with simple brutal death metal like Cannible Corpse and others. Cannibal Corpse's lyrics aren't a problem for me (can't unserstand what they say anyways) but this is an extreme case where the artwork on the CDs are a turn off (I just don't want something with that image in my possesion. Besides there are enough Cannible Corpse clones out there and there are many comps that have them on it. As far as Deicide, I don't like Glen Benton (his anti-Christian retoric is so damn annoying) so I'm not going to spend any of my hard earned money to line his pockets (usually a dislike for a person doesn't effect my opinon of one's music or art, but this is a rare case). Morbid Angel does have an awesome sound and if I find a used CD somewhere I will pick it up (their lyrics are more occult based than anti-Christian anyways). Most death metal I like is thrash oriented or has an certain gen es say qua that others don't (early Fear Factory, Daath, Death, Opeth, Bolt Thrower, early Amorphis, Carcass, Into Eternity, Obituary, Soul Embraced, Becoming The Archtype, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Cannibal not Cannible

Sponsored content

Cannibal Corpse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse   Cannibal Corpse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannibal Corpse
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next