Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You're So Vain Revealed?

Go down 
+3
rattpoison
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

You're So Vain Revealed? Empty
PostSubject: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 pm

For years there has been rumor & speculation about who Carly Simon is singing about in her hit song 'You're So Vain'. The most common answers were either Mick Jagger or Warren Beaty, both of whom had a relationship with Carly back in the 70's. Other names were thrown around too, but Carly has remained mum on the subject...until now.

She's got a new album coming out of re-recorded classics done acoustic and in very Beatles-like fashion, during the song 'You're So Vain' she whispers a name, played backwards. And that name? David.

David who? Bowie? Crosby? Cassidy? Well, apparently that is sparking a whole new set of rumors with a most unlikley name being the top contender. Former record executive and openly ghey man, David Geffen. The rumor is that around the time of the original recording, David Geffen was paying more attention to another woman artist instead of Carly and she was jealous.

Seems like a stretch to me, but oddly facinating for some reason. By the way, I prefer Faster Pu$$ycats more upbeat version over Carly's, but she's still way hotter than Taime.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 pm

I freeking love Faster Pu$$ycat's version of this song!!!

You're So Vain Revealed? 778825
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

By popular request...

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 pm

WOOHOOO!!!

You're So Vain Revealed? 25679
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The rumor is that around the time of the original recording, David Geffen was paying more attention to another woman artist instead of Carly and she was jealous

Joni Mitchell?

You know Hanoi Rocks "Village Girl" is an ode to Andy McCoy's Carly Simon obsession!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

By popular request...

Nice ! Haven't heard that in a long time.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 pm

There is one other person who knows, though I don't remember the gentleman's name. A few years back Carly auctioned off the identity of the person she sang about in the tune, but the individual who paid a hefty amount for this info, swore in a confidentiality agreement between he and Carly, that it would remain a secret.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:40 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
There is one other person who knows, though I don't remember the gentleman's name. A few years back Carly auctioned off the identity of the person she sang about in the tune, but the individual who paid a hefty amount for this info, swore in a confidentiality agreement between he and Carly, that it would remain a secret.

Dick Ebersol (president of NBC,I think) if I remember right
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 am

Wasn't she with James Taylor too?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:22 am

blah they used to play this song all the time at work and i grew to dislike it a great deal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 pm

As a could I thought it was, You're So Vague.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:52 pm

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
The rumor is that around the time of the original recording, David Geffen was paying more attention to another woman artist instead of Carly and she was jealous

Joni Mitchell?

Yes, I belive I read it was her.

Quote :
Wasn't she with James Taylor too?

Yup. Married to him I think. I know they have a son together and I think he plays guitar in Carly's band.

PostSubject: Re: You're So Vain Revealed?   You're So Vain Revealed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're So Vain Revealed?
Page 1 of 1