Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?

Go down 
+4
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Rex
GrandNational
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Empty
PostSubject: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:50 am

Looks like the Ethiopian Orthodox Church wants to finally reveal the Ark of the Covenant to the world.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=102119
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 am

Nope. Apparently the high priest in charge of looking after it said he was misquoted and only going to confirm what he's got or bear witness of what it is to the Pope. This was suppose to happen this past Friday. I've not heard any updates from it other than the priest saying he was misquoted.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:22 am

Has Indiana Jones been notified?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:58 am

I tried posting this the other day but...
I haven't heard much on the subject since then except that all the churches in Ethiopia have a replica to protect the real one.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 pm

let the feuding begin!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 pm

^^ agrees ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Quote :
Jeremiah 3:16 points to a time when the Ark will vanish not only physically, but from the minds of the people: "And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more."

Well, Jeremiah saw that one comin'. God's Law nailed to the cross? Yeah, right.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Rex wrote:
Nope. Apparently the high priest in charge of looking after it said he was misquoted and only going to confirm what he's got or bear witness of what it is to the Pope. This was suppose to happen this past Friday. I've not heard any updates from it other than the priest saying he was misquoted.

You're right Rex. I know that being part of the EOC, they would never reveal this to the world, let alone in Rome. Only one monk guards the Ark at any given time, and no one else is allowed to view it.

I don't think so much whether it's the real thing or not, but what it represents and foreshadows for believers that's important.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I guess they finally got around to clearing out that old warehouse, huh?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

MG71, has anyone ever told you how disturbing your avatar is?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:02 am

When ever it is revealed, make sure not to look at it when it is opened.

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Face-melt
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 pm

GrandNational wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

MG71, has anyone ever told you how disturbing your avatar is?

Actully, yes. A few folks may have mentioned something. That means it's working. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 pm

I call BS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?   Ark of the Covenant to be revealed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: