Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic freakin disco

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
QuothTheRaven
Olafsto
manny
Dave the Boss
stepcousin
Jesusandmetal23
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Classic freakin disco Empty
PostSubject: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am

Classic freakin disco Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Isn't that an oxymoron?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Man I remember the disco craze from my childhood. Some good songs did come out of that era (but not too much) Classic freakin disco Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:06 am

Yeah, Im the same age as you guys and I remember that era very well. I was 11 in 1978 and I suppose if I was youger I wouldve missed it and if I was older I wouldve hated it but I was there and I boogie-woogied my butt off and the girls really dug guys who liked to dance. I am probably in a very small minority but I like some songs from that era, more the early part when it was fresh ,like 74 or 75 to 77. After The Saturday Night Fever movie and Soundtrack came out in 1977, it became a money maker for Record companies and everybody and their sister put out a hit single and it got really watered down and lame. And then it became cool for everyone to hate it and the rest is history. But I have fond memories of that time and the music takes me back to those times, although I dont shake my groove thing anymore. Classic freakin disco Icon_smile

BTW, that link sounds kinda slow, it should be slightly more uptempo than that.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:24 am

Jesusanddisco23? Doesn't just sound awesome? Classic freakin disco 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:42 am

I was 7 in 1977 and when I was that age I had no choice but to listen to my sister's music collection. When I got older and I was 100% in my metal phase I hated it, as I have gotten so much older I do feel disco genre had produced a lot of great songs despite the fact it produced very few great artist.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:35 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Jesusanddisco23? Doesn't just sound awesome? Classic freakin disco 201269

Classic freakin disco Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 am

Every middle school dance for me! I am very glad that disco disappeared, though some very good voices were recognized during the late 70s. My friends and I thought Donna Summer was pretty hot back in the day! We were at the right age to understand exactly what the "hot stuff" was that she singing about and realized that was a very dirty song! Classic freakin disco 25679
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:20 am

Never liked disco much, even back in the 70's and early 80's, though I did like a song or two from Donna Summer.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I owned Disco Duck on 8-track and my parents had a few disco albums tucked in with the rest of their music. That's about as deep as my disco liking goes.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 pm

At the time of its popularity, the aspect of girls in tube tops dancing was quite interesting for teenage thought processes. I have a gang of older siblings and they were really into the fad. I was too busy jamming in the garage and smoking doobies to pay much attention.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 am

When I first heard disco, I was only 7 or 8, so I did not have an ardent opinion eitehr way. I liked the songs on the radio, that is all. Then, when I began to get serious about music in middle school, I went through the "Disco Sucks" phase that every good rocker must go through. But, you know, as I have gotten older I have learned to like some of the songs of the era. It was a singles movemement, that is for sure (not album oriented). I would much rather listen to disco than to dance music today. At least most of it was played by real people playing real instruments. If I am having a party where I expect people to get up and dance, there is a good chance I'll be mixing in some 70's disco and funk with 80's dance music. "Celebrate" was the first song the court at our wedding danced to after our waltz.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Neuropete wrote:
I went through the "Disco Sucks" phase that every good rocker must go through. But, you know, as I have gotten older I have learned to like some of the songs of the era. It was a singles movemement, that is for sure (not album oriented). I would much rather listen to disco than to dance music today. At least most of it was played by real people playing real instruments.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

There is a local band here in El Paso called Fungi Mugle that plays disco music live, with a rock slant too it. They are actually pretty cool...they dress up in the bell bottom sequence pants and platform shoes. The works.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Neuropete wrote:
There is a local band here in El Paso called Fungi Mugle that plays disco music live, with a rock slant too it. They are actually pretty cool...they dress up in the bell bottom sequence pants and platform shoes. The works.

I saw a band like that in Vegas a few years ago. The Boogie Knights. Same deal. Dressed in disco fashion, playing the tunes with a rock flair. Fun to watch during a night out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 am

I enjoyed some of it. I had the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and went through two copies of Abba's Greatest Hits. On 8-track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic freakin disco   Classic freakin disco Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic freakin disco
Page 1 of 1