Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Springsteen Live.

Go down 
+11
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
Stender
jerseyultifan+
manny
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Olafsto
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:02 pm

S wrote:
Nebraska

That is all....

I actually loved Nebraska as well. So there's at least two of us out there...

As a kid listening to Born in the USA a lot, I was a bit disappointed with the live box set that followed. Now I'm listening to it as an adult and wanting to slap that kid for being an idiot.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:34 am

Schbopo wrote:
I like the E Street Band...just not Bruce. His voice makes me want to throw small children in washing machines. "Born To Run" would be a great album if he didn't sing on it.

That's a second warning, sclongbob!!!!! Springsteen Live. - Page 2 308838 Springsteen Live. - Page 2 37951

Springsteen Live. - Page 2 84826 Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Lol

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 am

I like early Bruce. I absolutely love "The River" but I absolutely hate "Born In The USA". I didn't like anything by Bruce from that album on until "The Rising" which I like. I have a concert DVD and it's absolutely great.

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 am

Quote :

Schbopo wrote:
I like the E Street Band...just not Bruce. His voice makes me want to throw small children in washing machines. "Born To Run" would be a great album if he didn't sing on it.

That's a second warning, sclongbob!!!!! Springsteen Live. - Page 2 308838 Springsteen Live. - Page 2 37951

That's at least worth a week's ban.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm from New Jersey and I never cared for "The Boss". Just not my thing I guess.

Looks like someone is going to lose his Jersey credentials.... Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I know, a lot of you can't stand him but he is a seriously charismatic lead man and the E Street Band is some tight unit. I love Nils Lofgren guitar and Max Weinberg may look like a businessman behind the kit but he doesn't miss. I just picked up a DVD of them and would love to see them live. Has anyone been to a concert of them?

I love the Boss... from Greeting from Astbury Park to his latest release, everything he has put out is top notch (with the possible exceptions of the dual releases "Human Touch" and "Lucky Town". "Darkness on the Edge of Town" is probably my favorite from him, but I also love "Born to Run" "The River" "Nebraska" and "Born in the USA". For any beginners out there, definitely check out "Live 75-85".
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Neuropete wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
I know, a lot of you can't stand him but he is a seriously charismatic lead man and the E Street Band is some tight unit. I love Nils Lofgren guitar and Max Weinberg may look like a businessman behind the kit but he doesn't miss. I just picked up a DVD of them and would love to see them live. Has anyone been to a concert of them?

I love the Boss... from Greeting from Astbury Park to his latest release, everything he has put out is top notch (with the possible exceptions of the dual releases "Human Touch" and "Lucky Town". "Darkness on the Edge of Town" is probably my favorite from him, but I also love "Born to Run" "The River" "Nebraska" and "Born in the USA". For any beginners out there, definitely check out "Live 75-85".

Springsteen Live. - Page 2 25679 We have a winner!! humble

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

LOL kmorg.

Actually, I could see myself getting more into Bruce's music in the future.

I only have a greatest hits for now, but it's growing on me. Slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
LOL kmorg.

Be sure to buy the triple live disc with stuff from 1975-1985. The live version of The River will have you on your knees.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
LOL kmorg.

Be sure to buy the triple live disc with stuff from 1975-1985. The live version of The River will have you on your knees.

I had that set on cassette and LP for the longest time, and then a few years back I actually bought the 3 CD set at Sam's Club for only $9.99... BARGAIN! I'm like women and shoes when it comes to CDs...love me a good bargain.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:36 pm

kmorg wrote:

Will do! Based on your recommendation alone!

Springsteen Live. - Page 2 604261

Neuropete wrote:
I had that set on cassette and LP for the longest time, and then a few years back I actually bought the 3 CD set at Sam's Club for only $9.99... BARGAIN! I'm like women and shoes when it comes to CDs...love me a good bargain.

LOL LOL - that's how I am too! I go crazy when it comes to shopping for CDs for a good price! Worse than a woman I am!!!

Springsteen Live. - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 pm

I realize that Bruce kept the rock and roll flag flying during the wastelands of disco in the 70s, and I certainly appreciate that, but I could never get into him either. The one song that every radio station here in Ohio seem to have a hard-on for is "Glory Days." Springsteen Live. - Page 2 78889 I'd listen to Born to Run a hundred times to never have to hear that song again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Glory Days is definitely overplayed and one of his weaker songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen Live.   Springsteen Live. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Springsteen Live.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2