Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official American Power Metal thread!

Go down 
+21
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
ultmetal
allthingsmetal
Ultimate.Nightmare
scottmitchell74
Joe
Metallic Blaze
Dave the Boss
MetalChaz
Troublezone
Wargod
HamburgerBoy
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Stender
Lari
krokus
Jesusandmetal23
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 am

Onward, since Crescent Shield was mentioned..also, see sig, although don't expect dungeon fantasy or sinister shrieking....well ok, maybe one shriek.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 am

The genre seems so nebulous.

I don't consider Crescent Shield, Onward, Phoenix Riegn to be power metal but more modern takes on traditional metal.

Anyhoo....Crescent Shield = The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_eek The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Onward

VERY GOOD BAND!! Their debut album is AMAZING power metal!!!

Too bad they called it quits. I had such high hopes for them.

The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Q5 and Fifth Angel from the mid eighties were two class acts. I think that these bands from the Pacific Northwest put out a lot of groundwork (alongside Queensryche ) that a ton of post eighties band have built on. They may not have been a direct influence to the bands of today, but they inspired bands that in turn inspired others.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:28 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The genre seems so nebulous.

I agree, which is why I'm not sure whether to include DFWs own Aska or not. One band I can include that I forgot is Seasons Of The Wolf (another unsigned and underrated band though not from TX).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:13 pm

S wrote:
www.myspace.com/oracleusa

That's more like it! Good stuff. I'll definitely pick that CD anthology up when it's out.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 pm

By the way, look what I found on youtube:

Simply amazing... Heir Apparent's first LP is one of the finest US metal releases ever imo.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 am

Just read that Harry Conklin has returned to Satan's Host. The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 11840 Maybe this will mean that they'll finally record a proper heavy/power metal record again, instead of the second rate black/thrash they're making now.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 am

That first ONWARD disc was a total modern classic. Awesome songs, leads, and vocal melodies and a relatively unique style.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
That first ONWARD disc was a total modern classic. Awesome songs, leads, and vocal melodies and a relatively unique style.

That's a great CD. Still gets a lotta spins from me all these years later.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:08 am

Great genre. I almost wish that Euro power metal had a different name, because there is such a difference between the two, with the American style clearly being much better.

Deadly Blessing!!!

Destiny's End
New Eden
Oracle
Antithesis
Nevermore
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am

AchrisK wrote:
Great genre. I almost wish that Euro power metal had a different name, because there is such a difference between the two, with the American style clearly being much better.

It does have a different name .... FLOWER METAL!

Quote :
Deadly Blessing!!! Antithesis

\m/ \m/

I STILL haven't received the new ANTITHESIS CD despite ordering it like a month ago.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 am

those guys have been slow at everything forever.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I remember seeing their singer at a Destiny's End show many years ago. James Rivera handed him the mic for a few verses of a song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official American Power Metal thread!   The Official American Power Metal thread! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official American Power Metal thread!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3