Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal-Archives

Go down 
+27
JDC
EvyMetal
DeathCult
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
GrandNational
bgast1
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
Gilbert
Lurideath
troublemagnet
Smindas
XYZ
Metallic Blaze
snooloui
MetalFRO
Mglaffas81
metalheaded
Eyesore
Stender
kmorg
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Jesusandmetal23
ultmetal
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Metal-Archives - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Some of the attitudes strike me as about as bad as some I don't understand all the kneejerk reaction about, if this band isn't labeled this way, it must be saying they suck........ that's the only way I can explain a lot of anger at something as absurd as hair metal not being on there. It's called 'Metal' archives, and therefore, is excluding by design. If everything is included, what would be the point of it as a resource? And have people seen sites like HeavyHarmonies.com, which specializes in glam, hard rock, AOR, and so forth? Hello. De-evolution is not a good thing. There should always be continued discussion and debate on sound, the science of different sounds. It's important, to help keep things in order, and it stimulates the brain. I don't see how it's a negative. I think a bunch of the main people there are pricks, yeah, but I don't disagree with what the site is trying to do. Show me another musical form besides the umbrella term of 'rock' that ignites as much discussion concerning it's own diversity. None of it means you can't like this or can't like that or whatever it may be. A large number of people who enjoy this music happen to also participate in what others may call..OCD.... and if there's room for you guys then there should be room for people who want the details, want to nitpick, want to learn more, who generally just find the whole thing fascinating. Music for me no matter the genre is enthralling, stirring, fulfilling, and fascinating on all cerebral and spiritual levels. Get over nu/core not being on a site. It should barely even exist at all, and it has such a legion in following that it doesn't matter if it's featured on another page or not.

I like turtles.

Damn man, thanks for the speach. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:52 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
I cannot believe they do not have Praying Mantis up on there. One of the Pioneers of NWOBHM!!

Okay. Now that is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Metal-Archives - Page 3 308838
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:37 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
I cannot believe they do not have Praying Mantis up on there. One of the Pioneers of NWOBHM!!

Okay. Now that is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Metal-Archives - Page 3 308838

Amen
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:41 pm

They even have Def Leppard! Yet, they don't think Praying Mantis is metal enough???WTF?
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Maybe no one has submitted them yet?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
They even have Def Leppard! Yet, they don't think Praying Mantis is metal enough???WTF?
Def Leppard is there because of the insistence that they were at one point a metal band. I disagree, of course. They definitely shouldn't be on that site.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

From what I gather, PM were NWOBHM in their demo days, but on their albums, they became an AOR band, and have been AOR ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Def Leppard is there because of the insistence that they were at one point a metal band. I disagree, of course. They definitely shouldn't be on that site.

I think that they do deserve to be on the site. Some of their songs were nothing like the pop rock they do today. Of course, if Def Leppard feature, then so should bands like Van Halen. If bands like Stryper are their, then I don't see why Def Leppard shouldn't be. Of course, the site's rules are silly.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:49 pm

CHARIOT from Florida are missing and several cool demoacts. There are also some mistakes like MORTAL ENEMY (Tame the Beast..) were not from Germany for example.

What I really hate are all these Nazi, Racist.... bands that are mentioned, no one should support this crap and no one should have a chance to find such bands that easy. These bands are damaging the whole scene.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Required Fields wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

From what I gather, PM were NWOBHM in their demo days, but on their albums, they became an AOR band, and have been AOR ever since.

The demos/singles are about as heavy as their first LP. While they were not as heavy as say Diamond Head or Venom, they were definitely pretty hard rocking. The demos recorded for their (never released) second album were straight up AOR though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:56 pm

I think Def Leppard deserve to be on any site that talks about metal bands, whether you like them or not, they have to be one of the most influential bands that came out of the 80's let alone the NWOBHM scene.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

manny wrote:
I think Def Leppard deserve to be on any site that talks about metal bands, whether you like them or not, they have to be one of the most influential bands that came out of the 80's let alone the NWOBHM scene.

Metal-Archives - Page 3 Smileysigniagree
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 am

manny wrote:

Absolutely. While I'm not a fan of the direction they took after Pyromania, those first three albums were classics; some powerful, heavy stuff on those records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:42 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

The demos/singles are about as heavy as their first LP. While they were not as heavy as say Diamond Head or Venom, they were definitely pretty hard rocking. The demos recorded for their (never released) second album were straight up AOR though.

ANYTHING that Di'Anno and/or Stratton played on can be labeled metal. Regardless of the fluff factor. Di'Anno's debut album is on there and that was more frilly than most anything Praying Mantis ever did. And, it appears, once MA puts one album by a band up, they are kinda locked in to put up their whole discography [which is probably the reason PM is not on there to being with]. But either way, there is a ton of " melodic hard rock" bands listed on that site already, with Praying Mantis being more deserving than 99% of them.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Yes I did tell them and their reaction was "You can't change history" which is exactly what that site is doing.

This Musicmight web site was once called Rock Detector right? Same thing there. haha
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 am

It's OK, except for that 1.000 mistakes ... Smile

The site is called METAL archives, so there really is no need to include every single crappy 80s band with a little guitar in their sound, anything that MTV labeled as metal in the 80s to sell more or even all those bands that influenced a lot of bands which played metal later on (I'm surprised that noone mentioned Elvis hehe ...) - there are too many of them already on the page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal-Archives   Metal-Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal-Archives
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3