Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist

Go down 
+11
Dave the Boss
Glenn Rogers
Wargod
Olafsto
ultmetal
James B.
manny
Troublezone
rattpoison
nevermore
Schbopo
15 posters

Best TL guitarist
Eric Bell
Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_lcap5%Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Gary Moore
Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_lcap30%Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Brian Robertson
Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_lcap20%Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Scott Gorham
Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_lcap20%Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Snowy White
Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_lcap0%Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
John Sykes
Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_lcap25%Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Empty
PostSubject: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Pick your favorite. My vote goes to Eric Bell. His solos on Whiskey In The Jar and The Rocker are epic. He was so awesome it took two to replace him.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:18 pm

I can't vote. Every guitarist in the band has been incredible. Each and every one of them have contributed to the excellence of Thin Lizzy.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:25 pm

Robbo............cause he was a f*cking nutter!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 pm

John Sykes even though he was just on the one album. I think he is one of the best rock guitarists ever.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 pm

Everybody in Thin Lizzy kicked ass but I voted for Robbo, but it is hard to think of Robbo without Scott Gorham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:49 pm

I picked Gorham, because he's the one nobody ever talks about.

Snowy White was also underrated, from Pink Floyd rhythm guitarist to Thin Lizzy, not a bad gig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:25 pm

Amazing group there no matter who you pick. Went Sykes but man, it could've been any of them.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 am

I like them all for different reasons

I voted Gary Moore

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 am

I like all the Thin Lizzy guitarists but went with Scott Gorham as he was the one constant with Lizzy for the majority of their existence and even on into the tribute years.

Gary Moore is amazing. I have most of his solo stuff as well.

John Sykes is one of my favorites as well. Would love to meet him someday, though I hear from others that he's not so cool in person.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 am

ultmetal wrote:
I like all the Thin Lizzy guitarists but went with Scott Gorham as he was the one constant with Lizzy for the majority of their existence and even on into the tribute years.

Gary Moore is amazing. I have most of his solo stuff as well.

John Sykes is one of my favorites as well. Would love to meet him someday, though I hear from others that he's not so cool in person.
Woke up thinking about Lizzy guitarists, darn thread Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist 778825 I had a similar inclination regarding Gorham. The longevity thing and his tone and style was an integral part os Lizzy's sound. Sykes was probably the miost aggressive player, though all that is totaly subjective.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 am

All great ones, but my personal favorite is Gary Moore!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Gary Moore for me.

Wargod 50
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 am

I voted for Scott because he is the best guitarist for Thin Lizzy. Put other bands ,and solo artist aside...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:41 am

I love 'em all, but I prefer Scott.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 am

Gary Moore for me.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 am

nevermore wrote:
I can't vote. Every guitarist in the band has been incredible. Each and every one of them have contributed to the excellence of Thin Lizzy.

You just can't remember who's who.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 am

Troublezone wrote:
John Sykes even though he was just on the one album. I think he is one of the best rock guitarists ever.

EXACT-A-MUNDO!!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 am

Sykes!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am

EvyMetal wrote:
nevermore wrote:

You just can't remember who's who.

Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Lol
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 am

Gee Gorham, Moore or Sykes...... those three are favorites of mine so it's a little to difficult to vote for just one......

That last Live Life album they did includes everyone on the final track.... BRILLIANT!!!

That track is THE ROCKER .....

great stuff.....

Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist 591800

that album needs a remaster in the worst way....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist   Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Thin Lizzy Guitarist
Page 1 of 1