Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOUDNESS fans?

Go down 
+22
Troublezone
DeathCult
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
skullsmasher
manny
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
journeyman
stepcousin
Jedilink
mc666
Fat Freddy
krokus
Thrasher73
Required Fields
kmorg
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Last year I finally replaced my vinyl version of "Thunder in the East" on cd and it was like hearing again for the first time, and Akira is a great guitartist, never had a chance to see them live. Just fun listen with great songs " Like Hell" and when listen to them I like experience "lock and loll crazy nights"
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:22 pm

I can't decide whether this is a funny story or not. For Christmas, I had some 80's metal C.D's listed for my Brother to look into. Loudness' "Thunder In The East" and "Lightning Strikes" were the two I wanted for them. My Brother ended up ordering "Thunder In The East" a couple of weeks before Christmas, needless to say, I still haven't gotten it. To no fault of my Brother of course, but stupid Amazon, where it's been put on back order twice. It's supposed to arrive between the 16th of this month and the 21st. I can't wait to finally listen to my Christmas present almost a month after the fact.

I plan on getting "Lightning Strikes" next, via some other route other than stupid Amazon, but what should I get after that? This question goes out to everyone.

ULT....You were pretty tough on your review of "Hurricane Eyes", where others seem to like this album. Do you still feel the same way, or has your stance softened on this album?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:10 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
ULT....You were pretty tough on your review of "Hurricane Eyes", where others seem to like this album. Do you still feel the same way, or has your stance softened on this album?

I'm not Ult but I'll throw in my two cents here... HURRICANE EYES, while not a bad album per se, is still inferior to the two that came before it (THUNDER IN THE EAST and LIGHTNING STRIKES). You can tell that they band was going for the full-on "American radio rock" sound on HURRICANE EYES, the production is very slick and doesn't have the bite of its predecessors. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. Still worth a lesson either way, but I find it the weakest of their "Americanized" period.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:16 pm

I think Hurricane Eyes is better than the 2 Vescera albums. Now I love Vescera, but not in Loudness. He didn't fit, IMO. If you want Freddy, we can arm wrestle over it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:42 pm

This is a band I keep meaning to get into. My best buddy has almost their entire discography and I am someday going to borrow and burn a bunch of them to see if I like them.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I'm not Ult but I'll throw in my two cents here... HURRICANE EYES, while not a bad album per se, is still inferior to the two that came before it (THUNDER IN THE EAST and LIGHTNING STRIKES). You can tell that they band was going for the full-on "American radio rock" sound on HURRICANE EYES, the production is very slick and doesn't have the bite of its predecessors. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. Still worth a lesson either way, but I find it the weakest of their "Americanized" period.

Thank you kind sir, and horror movie friend...I'm just wondering if this is the next logical album to get of Loudness after I finally receive "Thunder In The East" from those a holes at Amazon, and after I buy "Lightning Strikes"?

Freddy I left a response for you in the movie thread. Are you planning on seeing the new "My Bloody Valentine"? It looks pretty good from the commercials.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 am

I think it's safe to say that it would be logical to pick up HURRICAN EYES after those other 2. I really like that album a lot! "This Lonely Heart" is worth the price of the CD alone.

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:52 pm

I love those more commercial sounding Loudness albums. But if you have Thunder and Lightning [haha], you have covered that era. Dig back to find the real Loudness with albums like Devil Soldier, Dissolution [recorded in Japanese AND English. The Japanese version is for purists], or Birthday Eve. Those are the heaviest and most truest metal of their catalog.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:24 am

Since we're talking about Hurricane Eyes, most of it is at least "good", but a few parts of it aren't that good.

The most vicious track on it, "S.D.I.", opens up the album. There are parts of it ("Rock N' Roll Gypsy" and "So Lonely") which are there for no other reason than a hit song. There are more aggressive cuts like "Take Me Home" and "Strike of the Sword" which I also enjoy. Of the more commercial songs, I like "This Lonely Heart" and "In My Dreams" best.

I like seven of the ten songs. I don't like "Rock N' Roll Gypsy" or "So Lonely" at all, and I don't really care for "Rock This Way", either.

I find it weird that Scott talked about the Jealousy EP (which, until a few years ago, was available in Japan only) as if it was more aggressive and less commercial. The album is actually more commercial than Hurricane Eyes, or any other 1980s Loudness album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 am

Sax recommended DISILLUSION (which was the album prior to THUNDER IN THE EAST), that's a damn good record. I have the English language version, I've never heard it in Japanese but I'm sure it's gotta be a trip. (The English lyric sheet is an absolute scream by the way...)

By the way, "So Lonely" on HURRICANE EYES is merely a re-worked version of the song "Ares' Lament" on DISILLUSION.

Quote :
I think Hurricane Eyes is better than the 2 Vescera albums.

I'll agree with you there. The two albums with Vescera on'em were pretty bad... I've had them both in the past, spun 'em each maybe once or twice and then ZING, they were off to the trade pile... some of the songs on those two discs were just more re-works of tracks from their early Japanese-language albums translated into English anyway...

Quote :
Freddy I left a response for you in the movie thread. Are you planning on seeing the new "My Bloody Valentine"? It looks pretty good from the commercials.

I'd like to see it but doubt I'll be getting out to check it out in a theatre. Looks like fun though, especially in 3-D!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:22 am

Love Loudness, great band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 am

Quote :
Now I love Vescera, but not in Loudness. He didn't fit, IMO.

Agreed. Granted, Minoru Niihara may not have been the best singer in the world, but he had a unique style that gave Loudness their own distinct "flavor" if you will. When they dumped him and added Vescera, they sounded like any other plain ole nothin' special hard rock band.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 am

DeathCult wrote:

You love loudness but hate CFH? insane
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:51 am

Troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Well, Pantera kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:03 am

DeathCult wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Well, Pantera kinda sucks.

And Loudness swallows...
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:35 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I love those more commercial sounding Loudness albums. But if you have Thunder and Lightning [haha], you have covered that era. Dig back to find the real Loudness with albums like Devil Soldier, Dissolution [recorded in Japanese AND English. The Japanese version is for purists], or Birthday Eve. Those are the heaviest and most truest metal of their catalog.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Any Loudness fans? Favorites?

I'm sitting here listening to their self titled CD from 1992 and it is one of their best. Those disappointed with the more commercial direction Loudness took in the late 80's should give this album a spin. My favorite is still "Thunder in the East".

loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 51TJ3D8V7HL._AA240_
I loved TITE,LS, and HE from the 80s and OTP from the 90s! Loudness always kicked butt! loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 505193 🤘
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:02 pm

I love Loudness as well. My first exposure was the track: 'Speed' from Law of the Devi's Land. Great tune!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Where's the correlation between the two?
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 am

The only Loudness cd I own is Thunder In The East. Good stuff.
I actually saw Loudness open up for Motley Crue at the San Diego Sports Arena in '85. Pretty cool.

I also have the first EZO album and a couple of cds by a band called Seikima II. Seikima II is/was kind of a Japanese version of KISS. Cool concept. You can look them up on Wikipedia if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:37 am

JBall_Z wrote:
I actually saw Loudness open up for Motley Crue at the San Diego Sports Arena in '85. Pretty cool.

I also have the first EZO album and a couple of cds by a band called Seikima II. Seikima II is/was kind of a Japanese version of KISS. Cool concept. You can look them up on Wikipedia if you're interested.

Oh be sure that we have seen all the Seikima II clips here. Saxon1500 will never let us forget about them. Just do a search for them here Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:13 pm

JBall_Z wrote:

SEIKIMATU RULES THE WORLD!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8789921624520442954

Don't know if I posted this before, but its a Loudness concert around their Jealousy EP. Nice little forgotten document of a better time......
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm

The first three discs are my favorites. In the Mirror is a metal classic!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
The first three discs are my favorites. In the Mirror is a metal classic!
I LOVE In The Mirror!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOUDNESS fans?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3