Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOUDNESS fans?

Go down 
+22
Troublezone
DeathCult
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
skullsmasher
manny
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
journeyman
stepcousin
Jedilink
mc666
Fat Freddy
krokus
Thrasher73
Required Fields
kmorg
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 7:46 pm

I never really liked them at all, they came out during an era for me that I wasnt into their brand of rock. I suppose I'd dig them now if I heard them, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 7:49 pm

stepcousin:
Check out these songs...

The Lines Are Down
Like Hell
The Law of Devil's Land
Shadows of War
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

As for the Shadows of War/Ashes in the Sky thing...Minoru says "Ashes to the sky" and not "Ashes in the sky" in the lyric sheet, and "Shadows of war" is said more.

Awesome song, whatever you want to call it.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Love Loudness. As for my favorite I'd have to say Thunder In The East, it was my first. Disillusion, Law of the Devils Land, and Lightning Strikes are also favorites. I Haven't heard any of the newer stuff, still need to check them out. I do have the Mike Vescera albums and like them alot, but not as much as the early stuff. What has me hooked is Akira's guitar wizardry, he is simply amazing. I have heard all that jazz about how he copied Van Halen and I say no way. He is influenced by him but that in no way makes him a copy cat. I always wanted that guitar he played in the crazy nights video. I found out years later it was an early ESP model, back when they were a Japanese only company. He now plays Killer guitars which is also a Japanese only company. I tried for so long to get one. Now that I can, I don't really care.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Loudness freak, here. I am only missing a couple (TRADE WITH ME!). And Thunder is also my fav.

If ya like Loudness - Check out Ded Chaplin, Sly, EZO, and Anthem. They all had Loudness members in thier respective bands (not to mention Obsession and all the Vescera-related projects).

What ones are you missing? I dont own any but there is a used cd store by me that I go to and they have a couple of them there used. I was going to pick them up myself and give them a try but I looked for there stuff online first. I wasnt too crazy about them so I didnt bother. But if they have something your looking for id be willing to pick it up and trade for something.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:13 am

I love LOUDNESS. I am more into their early Japanese material: The Birthday Eve, Devil Soldier, The Law of Devil's Land.
Law of Devil's Land is probably favorite by them. If anyone has a chance to see them in concert, do it! They put on one helluva show.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:24 am

Akira Takasaki or however its spelled is one bad azz guitar player imo...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:32 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I love LOUDNESS. I am more into their early Japanese material: The Birthday Eve, Devil Soldier, The Law of Devil's Land.
Law of Devil's Land is probably favorite by them. If anyone has a chance to see them in concert, do it! They put on one helluva show.

Finally got a copy of Birthday Eve. I really like it. Has a big 70's metal sound. I hear influences from Judas Priest, Van Halen and Ritchie Blackmore.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:10 pm

I can also hear a bit of Motörhead in a couple of songs on The Birthday Eve.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Loudness' new album METAL MAD will be released in Japan next week... here's the video for the title track...not mind blowing, but at least it sounds better than their last few recent offerings that I've heard (the BREAKING THE TABOO album was godawful!).

On a related note, is it just me, or is Minoru Niihara starting to look like the "Chairman Kaga" guy from "Iron Chef" in his old age??

loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Ironmod_kaga

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Re-link the video. It's no longer available.

And on another note, I thought that was him eating a bell-pepper before I even read your post.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:24 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

You sure? I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Quote :
What ones are you missing? I dont own any but there is a used cd store by me that I go to and they have a couple of them there used.

Sorry, PRD, just saw this. Hopefully, they might still be there?

I just need Terror and Tribute to Cozy Powell (not a TRUE Loudness album, but still cool. I am still kicking myself for trading that years ago!!). PM me if you (OR ANYONE) has these for trade. I can be VERY generous!

On a side note, I have a weird Loudness cd that I have never seen anywhere. It is a "Best of" comp of thier early stuff. Released in Japan only in '86 - it's called "Never Stay Here - Never Forget You". Anyone know anything about this? It's got some strange singles and tunes from Japanese soundtracks, etc. Pretty sure it is rare as hell.

loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Loudness001loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Loudness002
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Is Eruption a Van Halen cover?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Is Eruption a Van Halen cover?

No, but it is an instrumental.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm

I have managed to track down just about everything they have done, and I really like all the styles they worked through. My favorite, for sentimental reasons, will likely always be Hurricane Eyes, however.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:46 am

EvyMetal wrote:

And on another note, I thought that was him eating a bell-pepper before I even read your post.

yeah. still doesn't work. What's the song called, I'll just youtube it myself.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 6:48 pm

I didn't particularly like Birthday Eve for some reason. The production kind of turned me off, for one.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:45 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

yeah. still doesn't work. What's the song called, I'll just youtube it myself.

The song is called "Metal Mad" -- and now the video doesn't work for me either. If I find another copy of it on YouTube I'll repost it.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 pm

OK, let's try this again. The previous "Metal Mad" video link I posted has apparently been deleted, so here's a new one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:54 am

Love LOUDNESS...my fave will probably always be Soldier Of Fortune (its the first one I really heard...playing it today, actually)...but I really like the stuff before that too...never heard a lot of thier later material...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Love LOUDNESS...my fave will probably always be Soldier Of Fortune (its the first one I really heard...playing it today, actually)...but I really like the stuff before that too...never heard a lot of thier later material...

My fave too Shawn but I love anything Vescera sings on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 pm

I like Vescera a lot as a Metal singer...but his attempts at AOR leave me disappointed...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:39 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Loudness freak, here. I am only missing a couple (TRADE WITH ME!). And Thunder is also my fav.

If ya like Loudness - Check out Ded Chaplin, Sly, EZO, and Anthem. They all had Loudness members in thier respective bands (not to mention Obsession and all the Vescera-related projects).

Loudness rules!!! I think E-Z-O were also very cool and I believe E-Z-O sang for Loudness for a short awhile.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:13 pm

I bought one of their albums from the import section years ago and thought they were really good. A couple years later when Thunder in the East came out I got that too and really played the heck out of it. Saw them open for Motley Crue on the Theater Of Pain Tour. These little dudes up there with tons of hair kicking ass was pretty cool, still have their tour shirt somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOUDNESS fans?   loudness - LOUDNESS fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOUDNESS fans?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next