Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi

Go down 
+17
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
jstate
Required Fields
snooloui
Schbopo
7thSaviour
iamrockerfun
Gilbert
James B.
Fat Freddy
sheets
manny
Sutekh
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
fingers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
I was a HUUUGE Bon Jovi fan in the late 80s as a high schooler. I'd agree with New Jersey as their best, but there were some great tracks on the first two -always liked In and Out of Love and Tokyo Road (along with the very slick Slippery When Wet). Then I discovered thrash metal.....

I discovered thrash metal too. But why do people think they must choose between one or the other? It's okay to like both. It's okay to like all kinds of stuff.

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_lol

And indeed I do, too. But Bon Jovi were my intro into 'heavier' music (sounds weird, but I was a late bloomer!), which kind of grew from there.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
I was a HUUUGE Bon Jovi fan in the late 80s as a high schooler. I'd agree with New Jersey as their best, but there were some great tracks on the first two -always liked In and Out of Love and Tokyo Road (along with the very slick Slippery When Wet). Then I discovered thrash metal.....

I discovered thrash metal too. But why do people think they must choose between one or the other? It's okay to like both. It's okay to like all kinds of stuff.

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_lol

And indeed I do, too. But Bon Jovi were my intro into 'heavier' music (sounds weird, but I was a late bloomer!), which kind of grew from there.

Bon Jovi - Page 2 29150
Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:13 pm

At one time I was a big fan of Bon Jovi. I had 7800 on vinyl when nobody knew who they were. I was irritated (as any music snob would be) when "You Give Love A Bad Name" made everyone go ga-ga over them after I spent close to a year being ignored and told "I don't listen to that Metal stuff" when I mentioned them. I always thought Jon had a good voice (and Richie had a better voice) and, as posted earlier, I think These Days is their best album.

But-

Somewhere along the last 5 years or so I've gotten increasingly sick of Bon Jovi...Jon Bon Jovi in particular. The music the band releases is still decent, with The Circle being the best album since These Days, IMO. But I think I'm just over Bon Jovi. Now, as talented I think they are and as much as I liked them at one time, I'm sick of hearing them, hearing about them, seeing them touted out on TV when a new album comes out, etc. Now, I see them as a band who should have broken up after These Days. I see them as overrated (good, but not "oh my god genius" the way they seem to be treated these days)...I see them as empty fluff like Beyonce or Rascal Flatts...I see them as sad, aging rock stars trying to remain relevant.

Cynical me, I know...but if they never put out another album it'd be too soon.
Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

I actually don't hear much about them but I can understand where some overkill has come in. I just listen to the music once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:03 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
"Have a Nice Day" is one of the best albums they ever recorded.

Yes, I have that one. Mainly because I like the song 'Last Man Standing'
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:09 pm

for me it is CIRCLE. no better album of decade.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
for me it is CIRCLE. no better album of decade.
I'm glad you like this CD, but the decade is still very young! Bon Jovi - Page 2 201269 Bon Jovi - Page 2 911681
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm

sheets wrote:
fingers wrote:
If I was a metalhead that was around in the 80s and early 90s I would of hated this band though.

I never had anything against them except when people back then (or now, since I recall seeing them on VH1 Metal Mania occasionally) called them a metal band, which wasn't necessarily the band's fault.

Ugh, I remember in the movie Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (awful movie, by the way), Drew Barrymore's character talks about listening to metal, and it cuts to a flashback where she's singing along to "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. That made me livid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm

sheets wrote:

I never had anything against them except when people back then (or now, since I recall seeing them on VH1 Metal Mania occasionally) called them a metal band, which wasn't necessarily the band's fault. Some of their songs are fun.

I too feel a slight uprising in my blood pressure when Bon Jovi videos get played on "METAL Mania" on VH1 Classic.... Bon Jovi - Page 2 308838

sheets wrote:
Heh, I do remember James Hetfield writing "KILL BON JOVI" on his guitar back then Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_smile

I was at a concert once years ago (it may have been a Metallica gig but I'm not sure anymore) where a drunk guy in the audience was leading everyone in a chant of "KILL BON JOVI!" over and over again during intermission. That was pretty frickin' funny.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm

I became a fan off the "In and Out Of Love" video. Played 7800 Fahrenheit endlessly. Slippery When Wet was one of the first cds I ever got. But for some reason I just never got that into New Jersey and after that lost interest. Though I will admit that Blaze Of GLory album is a real guilty pleasure.

I often think about picking up the remastered versions of the first three since I see them cheap.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 am

Still not a fan of his music, but as a person Jon Bon Jovi just went up 10 points in my book for his appearance on '30 Rock' last night. Funny stuff.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 am

Have always dug Bon Jovi! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I dug out New Jersey this past week. I liked the album when it first came out, but I appreciate it a whole lot more now. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:42 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Have always dug Bon Jovi! headbanger

Bon Jovi - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 am

I loved Bon Jovi up through the mid-90s.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Eh, too girly for me. Plus, living in Jersey he's constantly thrown at you, so that alone makes me tune him out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:29 pm

detuned wrote:
I saw Bon Jovi on tour for 7800, they were the opening act for Ratt. They put on an entertaining set, though I was never really a fan.

Another interesting memory from that gig, Ratt was filming the video for You're In Love.

Are you in that video???
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:41 pm

I was never a huge fan, but never minded hearing them on the radio a lot. Better hearing them than hearing groups I couldn't or now can't stand.

I don't have a favorite album by them, they all tend to have 4-5 songs on each I like and the rest "blah" I remember buying Keep the Faith and liking it pretty much, and These Days was cool. I have always been impressed how Jon Bon Jovi seems to keep the band together with no lineup changes in how many years? 25? Most bands take years off between albums and tours, etc. They are good to their fans, that's for sure. If you're sick of them, then you can always put their stuff away or turn them off, but for the diehard fans, they are spoiled!

oh, and the other day I found Lost Highway in a bargain bin, and it has those 4-5 songs on it that I like....not bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:15 am

A new greatest hits is coming out in November. It's called 'Greatest Hits'. There will be two versions. The single disc will feature two new songs, the double disc (AKA - 'Ultimate Collection' or something like that) will feature an additional two new songs.

I actually really like the new song from the album that they're using as a single:

Surprisingly, not many online retailers have a listing for either version yet.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Thought this was interesting since Bon Jovi is still a big name band and has really good first week sales:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/bon-jovi-to-sign-indie-deal/

Quote :
Bon Jovi could sign a deal with an independent record company.

Drummer Tico Torres has admitted to Undercover News: “We are still on a major label. But we can see the writing on the wall”.

Torres believes the old major label system no longer works in the current climate.

“It was a conglomerate machine that was invented many years ago which in essence owned and manipulated bands but also gave bands a chance to get some upfront money that was again recoupable. The companies always made a lot of money of it. It got to a point where the price of records were so dear for the buying public that as soon as the internet came in there was there was another avenue for people to listen to music.”

Hm... and now Frontiers Records has NA distribution... Could it be true ?!? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Not surprising, Pearl Jam and Radiohead are not signed to major labels anymore after their contracts expired and Nine Inch Nails is not going to go back to a major label either.

All these bands are exploring alternatives to the major labels and most of these artists feel the major labels have lost focus and vision, I am not sure if that is true or not but they certainly do not know how nuture an artist career any longer.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 am

the goin to getrest for 3 yrs as i red, after the last tour in 2011.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 am

Bon Jovi - Page 2 83628

Jon Bon Jovi's 19 year old daughter was hospitalized in Upstate New York yesterday after OD'ing on heroin in her college dorm room. She and a friend were also charged with drug possession.

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/Bon_Jovi_daughter_recovering_after_heroin_OD_in_NY.html

Insert your own tasteless joke about "Bad Medicine" here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 am

That's a shame. She's a pretty girl tht could have it all, but she's throwing it away using drugs

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 am

What a waste I knew no good would come from hanging out with Richie Sambora for all those years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next