Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sammy Hagar solo material

Go down 
+14
Sons-Of-Vengeance
DallasBlack
Neuropete
akeldama
manny
metalinmyveins
ramreb
the sentinel
Wargod
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
stepcousin
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sammy Hagar solo material Empty
PostSubject: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:44 am

Any Hagar fans?

Aside from his Van Halen material, I own only two Hagar albums, both live. I've always thought his stuff was cool, but I've recently had a surge in interest for Hagar (brought on by a recent South Park episode featuring "Heavy Metal"). I've been reminded how rockin' this guy was/is. His stuff with Montrose is also really awesome. It's really straight-forward, bluesy, riff rock, like Foghat, Moxy, early-April Wine, etc. I'm not too done with some of his Van Halen material; it's the keyboard soaked, overly-80s ballads. "Dreams", "Why Can't This Be Love", "Love Walks In": you know the culprits.

My fav Hagar tune is by far "Shaka Doobie". The chorus riff is wicked groovy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:07 am

I used to think that there were multiple ways to rock. Sammy showed me otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I used to think that there were multiple ways to rock. Sammy showed me otherwise.

I absolutely love you.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:12 am

I like Sammy's solo stuff much more than Van Hagar. Standing Hampton is my favorite Sammy disc but my favorite song is This Planet's On Fire.

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 am

There were a slew of Sammy compilation cassettes that came out after Sammy joined Van Halen. One was called Crusin and Boozin and I played that thing to death. I'd love to find it on CD, but I'm positive it was never produced. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:54 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I absolutely love you.

I know. But it's still nice to hear it.

Actually, at one point I had one of his "greatest hits" cd's, but he's another one (along with bands like Rush, ZZ Top, The Who etc.) that I got tired of hearing the hit songs overplayed on classic rock stations in the area. If I never hear "I Can't Drive 55" ever again, it will be too soon. I liked his work with Van Halen enough, but he's no Diamond Dave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:48 am

VOA
Three Lock Box
I Never Said Goodbye
Thirteen
Red Voodoo
Marching To Mars

These are all very good...
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Ive loved Sammy since Im was a kid in the mid 70's. I really started collecting his music myself in 1981 with SH. I saw him in concert 3 times in the mid 80's. I havent heard much from him in the last 20 years I hafta admit, other than the VH stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:08 pm

Definitely get Marching to Mars. Great album!

I also had and liked his pre-VH albums, such as Three Lock Box, Standing Hampton, VOA.....

At one point, Sammy had a bunch of rare and bootleg stuff up for download on his website. I snagged that stuff quick. Cool
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Actually, at one point I had one of his "greatest hits" cd's

What the hell was it a blank disc? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Buh domp CHICH!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:00 am

Sammy puts on one great live show if you get a chance go see him!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:17 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Buh domp CHICH!!

thank you Ill be here all week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:02 pm

If you want love, you've got to give a little
If you want love
If you want faith, you just believe a little
If you want love
If you want peace, turn your cheek a little
You want love
You've got to give
If you want love
Give to live
You've got to give to live
Give to live
Give to live
If you want love
If you want love
If you want love
You've got to give
You've got to give
You've got to give
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:03 pm

What does "Standing Hampton" mean anyway? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 am

the sentinel wrote:

It's a british slang term used for 'erection'!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:14 am

Sleepless Knight wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Seriously??! lol!

I love English slang.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sleepless Knight wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Seriously??! lol!

Yea, it is. By the way, Shawn, your band ROCKS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Sleepless Knight wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Awesome!!!! Thanks for the info. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:50 am

Livin' It Up is really good, got some cool country crossover songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:43 am

Sleepless Knight wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sleepless Knight wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Seriously??! lol!

Yea, it is. By the way, Shawn, your band ROCKS!!!!!!

Just saw this....THANK YOU!! humble
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 pm

I've never been a huge fan of Sammy, but I do enjoy his stuff. I just picked up the "Essential Red Collection". I don't know if I'm willing to shell out a fistful of dollars at this point for his earlier efforts, so this will have to suffice.

Below is what makes Sammy...Sammy. The guy seems to be the most genuine guy in Rock 'N Roll, and thank God for people like him. I remember stumbling onto this a little while ago on youtube. Can you imagine if more bands did this type of stuff for their fans. Kudos to Sammy for making someone's dream come true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIqyxuNthHI
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Sammy Hagar solo stuff is hit and miss with me, I prefer the two albums he did with Montrose. Hagar did know his way around good pop hook " I'll Fall in Love Again", " I've Done Everything for you" "Give to Live" all classic songs, and maybe I am more of a Hagar fan than I realize, since I can rattle of half a dozen Hagar songs I do like. My favorite Hagar song is " Remember the Hero" his tribute to war veterans. One project that Hagar got involved that I enjoyed was HSAS, it was really good album featuring Neal Schon but I did not care for their version of "Whiter Shade of Pale" some songs are not meant to be covered.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:33 pm

I got every one of his solo albums, I really like Rematch,Three Lock Box,HSAS, & Ten 13. Not 4 Sale & Livin' It Up kinda sucked IMO.

Last edited by akeldama on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar solo material   Sammy Hagar solo material Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sammy Hagar solo material
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next