Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Dickinson

Go down 
+33
chewie
Gryphon-kl
jstate
Andy
Witchfinder
Infinite
DallasBlack
EmoElmo
adrian
JBall_Z
Shawn Of Fire
7thSaviour
Lari
Wurthless
scottmitchell74
MoonChild
James B.
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
manny
SideShowDisaSter
kmorg
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
zombiewalkin
ultmetal
Invader
INVADERS
Olafsto
Troublezone
mc666
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

what is your fave Dickinson solo album?
Tattooed Millionaire
Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 10 ]
Balls To Picasso
Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 6 ]
Skunkworks
Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Accident Of Birth
Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 26 ]
The Chemical Wedding
Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 15 ]
Tyranny Of Souls
Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 am

Balls to Picasso
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 am

Chemical Wedding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Accident Of Birth followed closely by The Chemical Wedding. Bought The Chemical Wedding, my first Bruce solo, for a couple of bucks. Not long after I picked up the rest of the studio releases. Big fan of his solo work and I'm surprised I never tried it sooner being such a Maiden fan. After making the mistake with Bruce I promptly bought Adrian's work away from Maiden. Never yet heard any of Paul's stuff, but I did however get all of Blaze's stuff.

Stand out Bruce songs: Tears Of The Dragon and Born In 58
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I'd have to say Accident of Birth, followed closely by The Chemical Wedding, and then Skunkworks (which I like quite a bit, actually). The only thing lacking on Skunkworks is the production, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:56 pm

I really like Skunkworks, nice to hear Dickinson branch out and do something different.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:33 am

wmcollis wrote:
Accident Of Birth followed closely by The Chemical Wedding. Bought The Chemical Wedding, my first Bruce solo, for a couple of bucks. Not long after I picked up the rest of the studio releases. Big fan of his solo work and I'm surprised I never tried it sooner being such a Maiden fan. After making the mistake with Bruce I promptly bought Adrian's work away from Maiden. Never yet heard any of Paul's stuff, but I did however get all of Blaze's stuff.

Bruce's best two solo albums feature Adrian Smith! Personally, I think Accident and Chemical are better albums than X Factor and Virtual Eleven
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:13 am

1. Accident of Birth
2. The Chemical Wedding
3. Balls to Picasso
4. Tyranny of Souls
5. Tattooed Millionaire
6. Skunkworks

Balls to Picasso is great. Just a little weak on the production side.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 am

1.TM 2.AOB 3.BTP
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 am

Tattooed Millionaire for me. I've loved that thing from the get go.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 am

I went w/ Chemical Wedding, but Skunkworks is a close second...I don't get the dislike for that album...it's musically great and Bruce sounds great on it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 am

Skunkworks is a weird little record that took me a while to warm up to, but nowadays I dig it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Skunkworks is a weird little record that took me a while to warm up to, but nowadays I dig it.
yup, me too. I thnk the turning point for me was seeing Anthology and the songs played live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 am

wmcollis wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
yup, me too. I thnk the turning point for me was seeing Anthology and the songs played live.

Mine was the SKUNKWORKS era B-side "I'm In a Band With An Italian Drummer" that was included on the 2-CD version of Bruce's Best-Of collection. That song cracked me up and prompted me to dust off the Skunkworks album for the first time in several years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 am

thejokeriv wrote:
wmcollis wrote:

Bruce's best two solo albums feature Adrian Smith! Personally, I think Accident and Chemical are better albums than X Factor and Virtual Eleven
Interesting. I never really thought to make that comparison. So, I had to go look at the cover of Virtual Eleven cause I always thought it was Virtual X. Guess my mind played a trick on my eyes and saw what I wanted too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

wmcollis wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
wmcollis wrote:

Interesting. I never really thought to make that comparison. So, I had to go look at the cover of Virtual Eleven cause I always thought it was Virtual X. Guess my mind played a trick on my eyes and saw what I wanted too.

LOL!!! It's spelled out Virtual XI but pronounced Virtual Eleven
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 am

007 wrote:
Tattooed Millionaire for me. I've loved that thing from the get go.
Same here! headbanger
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 am

I went with Accident Of Birth, but Tattooed Millionaire is an old fave that I only have on cassette. I need to fix that one of these days.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't own any of these albums, but based on what I have heard I'll go with Accident of Birth
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Though "Accident of Birth" easily beats Maiden's last 3 albums, I'd go with Roy-Z's "Balls to Picasso"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Balls To Picasso is my fav. but I voted for Skunkworks as I seem to be one of the only fans of that album. However, with the acception of Tyranny Of Souls, my favorite can switch between all of them. However, my favorite Bruce song always is and always will be Tears Of A Dragon. One of the best songs ever writen with one of the best guitar solos. I can replay the entire song note for note in my head. I also love singing along and playing air guitar to it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

My post was made before I saw some of the others. Good to see some love for Skunkworks.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey guys, first post. Hi!

Kinda surprised to see Accident in the lead (I voted Accident, too). Most people seem to prefer Chemical. Truth be told, they're pretty equal in quality, but I prefer Accident. Might be because it came first and made a bigger impression. It was the album that screamed "Bruce is back!". A real return to form and was likely the catalyst for getting the ball rolling for the Maiden reunion.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Accident of Birth and then Chemical Wedding. Both are better than anything Maiden has done since the 80's.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:56 am

Welcome, Infinite.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:59 am

I picked up 'Accident of Birth' after 'Chemical Wedding' which so far is my fav Dickinson solo album, but 'Accident of Birth' is an excellent album and like the jokerman I consider it the long lost Iron Maiden album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson   Bruce Dickinson - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Dickinson
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next