Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Box of alcohol

Go down 
+7
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Addy
mc666
Metallic Blaze
GrandNational
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Box of alcohol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:52 am

GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I've never tried scotch. What's it like?

The Glenlivet is a single malt scotch, which basically means it is made with barley and water and hasn't been mixed with other products in blended whiskey's like corn, etc.
On top of not being mixed with lighter flavoured grain whiskey, the value of a single malt whiskey comes from how it's made from one vintage whiskey coming from one distillery. Usually whiskey is a blend of thousands of barrels of whiskey (also from different years) to get a single same-tasting drink. But with single-malt whiskeys you usually get something very unique tasting. Sometimes you can even find a specific-tasting whiskey made from one single barrel (not usually for consumers though - as rich collectors buy these off very quickly). The taste can be rough for a beginner, so if you ain't up for it, just stick with JD.

I'm not an expert, but I like Glenfiddich and Isle of Jura single-malt whiskeys. I am a bit of a drinker, but with good quality Scotch, you don't drink them to get drunk. And definitely don't mix with Coke. Ice is okay, I guess, but try without also.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:14 am

Lari wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I've never tried scotch. What's it like?

The Glenlivet is a single malt scotch, which basically means it is made with barley and water and hasn't been mixed with other products in blended whiskey's like corn, etc.
On top of not being mixed with lighter flavoured grain whiskey, the value of a single malt whiskey comes from how it's made from one vintage whiskey coming from one distillery. Usually whiskey is a blend of thousands of barrels of whiskey (also from different years) to get a single same-tasting drink. But with single-malt whiskeys you usually get something very unique tasting. Sometimes you can even find a specific-tasting whiskey made from one single barrel (not usually for consumers though - as rich collectors buy these off very quickly). The taste can be rough for a beginner, so if you ain't up for it, just stick with JD.

I'm not an expert, but I like Glenfiddich and Isle of Jura single-malt whiskeys. I am a bit of a drinker, but with good quality Scotch, you don't drink them to get drunk. And definitely don't mix with Coke. Ice is okay, I guess, but try without also.

Bingo - no ice in a GOOD scotch, we're not talking Cutty Sark here. Sometimes just a DROP of water brings out the flavor and aroma in the scotch. It is not something to get hammered to, it is to enjoy the flavors that have been preserved in the drink.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Wow, puts my discovery to shame: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35259897/ns/technology_and_science-science/from/ET?GT1=43001
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:56 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Wow, puts my discovery to shame: [url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35259897/ns/technology_and_science-science/from/ET?GT1=43001
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35259897/ns/technology_and_science-science/from/ET?GT1=43001[/quote[/url]]

Damm dude. I wonder how much those are worth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Box of alcohol
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2