Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thunder's New Album

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
brokentulsa
Gilbert
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Thunder's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Anybody else know about this? I know they reunited several years ago but I didn't realize it was more than just a one time thing and never heard about them coming out with a new album. Saw this while picking at work:

Thunder's New Album Thunder-wonderdays
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:46 am

A band I still know nothing about!

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 10:55 am

Thunder is an English band formed back in 1989...The new album is a complete AOR  acoustic based album...If you really want a good album by this band go back to their beginning and buy their album Backstreet Symphony..

here are a couple of tracks from Backstreet symphony..

and here is one from the new album "Wonder Days"....

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:00 am

Yeah, Backstreet Symphony is the only one I know by the band and it's a great one. Reminds me of early Whitesnake.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:01 pm

yep - backstreet symphony is great!

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 pm

I only have the first 2 on cd and really like them. My best friend is a huge fan of theirs and chases down all the import versions and bonus track editions.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 3:12 am

Got the new album and the exclusive EP the other day. It's excellent. Definitely not AOR, though, or acoustic based. Don't listen to that guy. There are a few slower, acoustic numbers, but it's a rock album through and through. And a great one. Listen for yourself.

That said, I hated these guys when I first heard them. When they first came out, every magazine compared them to Def Leppard. Back then it wasn't easy to find their albums, so I first heard them probably 15 years after Backstreet Symphony came out—and of course I quickly realized they sounded nothing like Def Leppard. I was so annoyed I just tossed the album aside and said screw these guys. Haha.

Not their fault, of course, and I came around. Now I love them. Really good band. Not as heavy now as they were in the early days, but really not that far removed now. A band well worth investing in.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:08 am

They were compared to Def Leppard????

Not even close. Whitesnake, Bad Company, maybe even Deep Purple but not Def Leppard.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:32 am

Listening the first time, sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
They were compared to Def Leppard????

Not even close.  Whitesnake, Bad Company, maybe even Deep Purple but not Def Leppard.

Yup. All those early magazines compared them, which is why I was so let down. My expectations were way off.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 pm

This was one of those bands I found thanks to the ma and pa used CD shops back in the day. Remember the days when you could walk into a used CD store, grab any CD you wanted and pop it into a CD player to listen to it? That's how I discovered Backstreet Symphony at Great Escape Records in Nashville, TN.

"Those were the days...."

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm

I wonder sometimes if the reviewers actually listen to the albums before they review them. I have heard almost their whole discography and I would never compare them to Def Leppard. Looks as though another makes the ever growing want list!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This was one of those bands I found thanks to the ma and pa used CD shops back in the day.  Remember the days when you could walk into a used CD store, grab any CD you wanted and pop it into a CD player to listen to it?  That's how I discovered Backstreet Symphony at Great Escape Records in Nashville, TN.  

"Those were the days...."

When I worked at Strawberries we had one of those. It was called an iMachine, if I remember correctly. When no one was using it it would play videos. I remember walking by one day, seeing this woman on the screen, and thinking, Mmmm...she's cute. I grabbed the headphones and was kind of enlightened. I heard a style of music I never imagined I'd like, but soon became something I loved.

This was the video:

Such a fantastic album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder's New Album   Thunder's New Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder's New Album
Page 1 of 1