Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Behind the Music relaunched.

Go down 
+11
Getizzyback
Addy
the sentinel
stepcousin
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Wargod
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Metallic Blaze
manny
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

look em up on wikipedia they have a complete episode listing
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What happened to Dennis Stratton?

As for Blaze, he'd be pretty much a footnote in the history of Maiden. Yea, it's tragic that he lost his wife and he seems to have a somewhat decent solo career, but for an hour program, I can't seeing spending too much time on Blaze, especially after he left Maiden.
True enough.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:25 pm

So did anyone catch Saturday night's episode featuring Metallica? I missed it, but I might try to catch one of the 712 repeats that VH-1 Classics tends to run.

Anything worth mentioing that us music geeks didn't already know?

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Anything worth mentioing that us music geeks didn't already know?

Yes. Surprisingly, Hetfield is a Crest kid. I always fancied him a Colgate user.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Wow. You truly do learn something new everyday. Good for him.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 am

I saw the Updated Metallica one, if you saw Some Kind of Monster its mostly footage from that
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am

BtM is the best thing on Vh1
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 am

I caught the "new" Metallica show over the weekend. It was OK but didn't reveal any earth-shattering surprises.

I believe the "remastered" episode for this coming week will be Judas Priest. The last time "BTM" covered them, Ripper Owens was still in the band so they got a lotta catchin' up to do there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 am

Yeah I've been checking those out too. Saw the Metallica last week and Priest yesterday. Would love to see a new Megadeth episode and hopefully they will get around to doing Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 am

I saw the updated "BTM" on Priest last night. The original episode was one of the few "BTM's" that I didn't see dozens of times in re-runs, they didn't seem to overplay that show as often as many of the others. Anyway, it was still cool, even though the constant emphasis on Rob Halford and his various personal demons (he's a drunk! He's ga-hey! He's not drunk anymore but he's still ga-hey! He leaves the band! He's finally out of the closet!) almost made the rest of Priest seem like bit players in their own show....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 am

Judas Priest didn't really have drug problems etc, so BTM had emphasis he was ga-hey or else BTM would have to do the unthinkable, focus on Judas Priest's music and the impact the band made, Halford and company where hardly Motley Crue when it came to debauchary.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:32 am

manny wrote:
Judas Priest didn't really have drug problems etc, so BTM had emphasis he was ga-hey or else BTM would have to do the unthinkable, focus on Judas Priest's music and the impact the band made, Halford and company where hardly Motley Crue when it came to debauchary.

That's why I think there hasn't been an Iron Maiden one. Not much dirt or "lower than low" points for the band. And how much footage of Bruce fencing do you really want to see?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 am

Maiden doesn't need a "BTM" episode... they seem to be doing a pretty good job of documenting their own history on their various "Early Years" segments on their last couple of DVD releases anyway...

Besides, with most of the bands VH1 covers, attempting to squash all of their highlights into a one hour (40-something minutes without commercials) "BTM" episode is like cramming ten pounds of poop into a two pound bag.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Now that I think about it, I did notice one major change in the "remastered" Priest "BTM" - Ian Hill's interview segments were no longer sub-titled. I remember that bothered the hell out of me when I saw the original years ago. I didn't think Ian's accent was THAT thick, yet they had to add sub-titles to everything he said in the original episode. He was the only band member they did that to.

I have always found Glenn Tipton harder to understand, not because of his accent, but because he's so freakin soft spoken that you have to really pay attention to even hear what he's sayin. GLENN could've used some subtitles!!

Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Caught the Genesis show last weekend, and even though I have
never really been a fan of the group, I think Peter Gabriel leaving was the best thing that ever happened in the band. Listening
to their Gabriel stuff had me scratching my head wondering what
people actually saw in them. When I think of Genesis, I
think of Phil Collins all the way.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:35 pm

This upcoming Saturday night (March 6th) at 10pm eastern time,
VH-1 Classic premieres the latest update episode of Behind the
Music with Def Leppard. Not much really happened since the 1st
episode was made, no?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
This upcoming Saturday night (March 6th) at 10pm eastern time,
VH-1 Classic premieres the latest update episode of Behind the
Music with Def Leppard. Not much really happened since the 1st
episode was made, no?

They released more albums....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 pm

I caught most of the BtM Remastered with Motley Crue last night and while it didn't offer much more insight into the band, I was shocked to see how bad Mick Mars looked in his new interview pieces.

I know he's in bad shape, but he looked like my 83-year old grandfather in a Morticia Adams wig. Sadly, I don't imagine he's much longer for this planet. They showed footage of him hobbling and shuffling around back stage. It's a wonder he can still play on a regular basis.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Yeah, Mick's health has been slipping a bit through the years.

I don't think he's anywhere close to death though. I mean, he was just out touring the world last summer like a rock star should!!!

Naw, he'll retire before it gets that bad.

But yes, I doubt he'll live past 70 let's put it that way. And that might be a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 pm

I just checked to see who was on next Sat night, and the listing said a repeat of Def Leppard. That sucks! I was getting spoiled getting a new episode every Sat night. I wonder if Easter has anything to do with this?

Do we now have to cancel Easter?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I am really digging these remastered BTM's!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Saw part of the Def Lep one - Joe Elliott said that X was a blatant attempt to write songs that would be hits - they wanted to be on top of the charts again.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Saw part of the Def Lep one - Joe Elliott said that X was a blatant attempt to write songs that would be hits - they wanted to be on top of the charts again.
What a sell-out! Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Tonight was a repeat of Metallica, did anybody see any commercials saying if next Sat night would have a new episode and who?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Music relaunched.   Behind the Music relaunched. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind the Music relaunched.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2