Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Naschy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Paul Naschy Empty
PostSubject: Paul Naschy   Paul Naschy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:31 am

Anyone of fan of his? I picked up the latest HorrorHound (my second issue, BTW, and I'm really enjoying this magazine) and the whole thing has a werewolf them and one of the articles was on him.

I'm not a stranger to the name (Best Buy has a few DVD of his), but I don't know anything about his movies. I take it they are Euro horror cheese, but are they still worth looking into?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Paul Naschy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Naschy   Paul Naschy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
0I'm not a stranger to the name (Best Buy has a few DVD of his), but I don't know anything about his movies. I take it they are Euro horror cheese, but are they still worth looking into?

I haven't seen all his movies but I have seen a few and the answer is that it really depends on the film because the quality varies wildly. The best ones can be pretty fun, though. The thing about them is that Naschy must have really liked the Universal monster rally films because a lot of his movies have some combination of werewolf/vampire/mummy/Frankenstein's monster vs. monster action, except combined with Hammer/Euro style sex and violence.

I liked Frankenstein's Bloody Terror and would recommend that as a starting point. It's goofy but entertaining. Night of the Werewolf is also pretty good.

A lot of folks like Werewolf Shadow but I think it's terrible.

Naschy died just a couple of weeks ago, btw.
Back to top Go down

Paul Naschy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Naschy   Paul Naschy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Horror Rises From The Tomb, that's the one I'd recommend.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Paul Naschy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Naschy   Paul Naschy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:45 am

Thanks! Netflix has a handful of them.

The article's writer pointed out Horror Rises From The Tomb as his personal favorite, but unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have that one. I'll probably start with the first one though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paul Naschy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Naschy   Paul Naschy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Naschy
Page 1 of 1