Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mother Superior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 am

The discussion of Henry Rollins made me think of these guys. Anyone else a fan? I became aware of this power trio after they became the backing band for the last few Rollins Band cd's. Turns out they have a solid discography of their own. Kinda 70's rock vibe with some funkiness thrown in for good measure.

http://mother-superior.com/index_news.html

They were also the backing band, both studio and live, for Pearl Aday's solo album (Meatloaf's daughter and fiancee of Anthrax Scott Ian, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Aday) as well as performing with her as lead singer in the band Mother Pearl.

Anyway, I've been a fan of these guys for a few years now and I'd thought I'd show 'em some love. Enjoy or ignore, your choice.

Here they are backing Hank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of5uCNGk7Ks&feature=related

Performing "Jaded Little Princess" live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssnFv0mB7sI&feature=related
Back to top Go down

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Great band! My bro in Iowa got to get on stage with them and sing a tune. It was the highlight of his year!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 am

No other fans besides me and Sax, huh? Fine. I'll take my band and go home. Wankers.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Grooving to the Mother's 13 Violets today. Bumping this thread to give some recognition to a great rock n' roll band.

Not that anyone here cares. Crying or Very sad

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:36 pm

I haven't heard their own albums yet...but i REALLY like the groove they created behind Rollins. I'll definitely be checking them out.

Thanks for the tip MG.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks MG, the only thing I knew about that is they were in the last (?) version of the Rollins Band, and I thought they sounded very cool and loved the almost funky groove they laid down behind Henry Rollins vocals on the 'Nice' CD.
Back to top Go down

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:07 pm

"Nice" is my favorite Rollins album, the band flat out ROCKS.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 pm

I've been catalogging my cd collection and decided to give these guys a fresh spin. Real quality rock n' roll. They were also the supporting band for the Rise Above benefit album that Henry and a buncha guests appeared on. I understand they're no longer working with Rollins. Too bad. Last I heard, he was getting the original members of the Rollins band back together, but that was awhile ago.

Anyway, absolutley check these guys out.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:49 am

Mother Superior Bump

Now that I got your attention, go check out some Mother Superior.
http://www.myspace.com/mothersuperiorrock

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 pm

I lost track of them after they split with Henry Rollins.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Bump for Eyesore...One of you MODs want to bring this back to the land of the living?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Time to get rid of this silly forum altogether.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Mother Superior and former Rollins Band drummer Jason Mackenroth (46) has passed after a 4 year battle with cancer...

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/obituaries/article53625760.html

Rest in Peace.

Mother Superior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Superior   Mother Superior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mother Superior
Page 1 of 1