Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Horrorscope

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
7thSaviour
DallasBlack
Gilbert
Defender71
ultmetal
Olafsto
Troublezone
exact33
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Pitboss
Cliffy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

"Taking Over" is still their best disc by far but this one is very good too. Terry Date's polish helps a lot as does the more technical lead guitar work.

According to Rat, when he left the band they started to get more and more like METALLICA, which he was against and I think there is merit to that accusation.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm

I shall be ordrering this from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm still waiting to get the new album.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:42 am

My CD originally came packaged with Chaly on the outside and the Crystal ball on the inside. It appears that the booklet is designed to fold either way. I've always kept Chaly on the outside. Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 am

This album will always hold a special place in my collection. It was my 100th cassette, and I still listen to it to this day. My favorite Overkill by far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 pm

When Horrorscope was sold in '91 with the green cover outside, did the CD book also have the bat on the inside to fold over and display if you wanted? What year did they start selling with the bat out front? I know I can flip it; it just bugs me. I felt like I wasnt buying the same album for some reason. And now I feel like the people with the original 91 green cover are elite and it annoys me I cant be one, lolol.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
One of many Overkill classics I lack (I can only find the post I Hear Black albums around here) but I want to rectify the situation.

CDUniverse.com should have Horrorscope, as well as the earlier ones. With the exception of Under the Influence and Wrecking Everything Live, which I bought at CD stores, I bought all the Overkill albums I own off of that website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:12 pm

In my opinion, every collector needs to have this album.

If not, you're missing a lot. So aggressive and memorable.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
In my opinion, every collector needs to have this album.

If not, you're missing a lot. So aggressive and memorable.

Agreed. This is a must-have,kids !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Horrorscope
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2