Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Horrorscope

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
7thSaviour
DallasBlack
Gilbert
Defender71
ultmetal
Olafsto
Troublezone
exact33
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Pitboss
Cliffy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

Overkill - Horrorscope Empty
PostSubject: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 am

Awesome album. Hate the reissue cover...here's a clean rendering of the original for iPod use if anyone wants it:

Overkill - Horrorscope Overkill-horrorscope

Pitboss
Metal novice
Metal novice
Pitboss

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 pm

This is the real cover? I got it as soon as it came out and I have the other cover.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Pitboss wrote:
This is the real cover? I got it as soon as it came out and I have the other cover.

Yea, I was gonna say the same thing. I bought it as a new release (on cassette) back in '91 and it had this cover on it:

Overkill - Horrorscope Overkill-Horrorscope

...when I upgraded to CD a few years back, it had the "Chaly" skull cover on the front (but the cover shown above was inside the booklet; I re-folded it so this image became the "cover" since that's what I was used to).

...for whatever it's worth, I've read interviews with Blitz and D.D. where they say they hate this version of the cover too. Maybe that's why they put Chaly out front on more recent copies.
Overkill - Horrorscope Lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Pitboss wrote:

QFT.

That's the inner sleeve image. While it's pretty neato, it's not the original cover. This is.
This was the cover that was and still is on my CD that I bought ion 1991 or '92.

Overkill - Horrorscope Horrorscope
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I bought it as a new release (on cassette) back in '91 and it had this cover on it:

Me and two of my friends also got the cassette when it first came out and it had Chaly on the cover, which is why I assumed it was the first cover and the other was a reissue. Anyway...there it is if you want it...it's the cleanest version you'll find anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks Cliffy,

I dont have an iPod but I did save it and edited out the album title and megaforce logo as the title and logo look so cool. I have the Skull tattooed on my upper back, to be honest I think it the same (if not close) to that size too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Great album, regardless of the CD cover. (The version I have is the bat and skull CD cover.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Great album, regardless of the CD cover. (The version I have is the bat and skull CD cover.)

x2. a very good cd!

Pitboss
Metal novice
Metal novice
Pitboss

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:23 pm

I like the original cover ( non Charly ). But whatever, it's a great album. Bare Bones and Frankenstein - ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

I like the original cover best. It has more going on in the pic.
And i don't know what people mean by the other one being 'cleaner'...
They both are so-called "evil" looking...
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 am

Locky wrote:
Thanks Cliffy,

I dont have an iPod but I did save it and edited out the album title and megaforce logo as the title and logo look so cool. I have the Skull tattooed on my upper back, to be honest I think it the same (if not close) to that size too.

Cool Overkill - Horrorscope 11840 .
Pictures? Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:28 am

Troublezone wrote:

I don't think Cliffy meant "cleanest" in the way you are assuming. Rather, he was saying most JPGs posted on-line are very bitmapped looking and the version he posted is of a much better resolution or, "the cleanest you will find".

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 am

Correct, ult...I actually worked it myself. Here's the crystal ball cover I just finished as well:

Overkill - Horrorscope Overkill-horrorscope2

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 am

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't think Cliffy meant "cleanest" in the way you are assuming. Rather, he was saying most JPGs posted on-line are very bitmapped looking and the version he posted is of a much better resolution or, "the cleanest you will find".

Oh i see... i was looking at this same thread over at CMR and some guy made it seem like it was bad because of content.
Back to top Go down
Defender71
Metal novice
Metal novice
Defender71

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:55 pm

the crystal ball cover is pretty cool and I still consider Horrorscope to be their best album
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:42 am

This is the album that introduced me to overkill. Awesome. no fillers Overkill - Horrorscope 11840
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm

One of many Overkill classics I lack (I can only find the post I Hear Black albums around here) but I want to rectify the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

Cliffy wrote:
Awesome album. Hate the reissue cover...here's a clean rendering of the original for iPod use if anyone wants it:

Overkill - Horrorscope Overkill-horrorscope
I loved OverKill in the 80s and early 90s!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

I've never heard Overkill ( I know, I know) but just recently picked up Horrorscope.

Incredible. Metalliwho?? Oh, my, these guys are fantastic. Perfect thrash.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am

This is the cover of the CD i own. One hell of a cover. And one hell of a music Overkill - Horrorscope 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:43 am

I have the crystal ball cover too. This may well be their best cd. Love it !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I've never heard Overkill ( I know, I know) but just recently picked up Horrorscope.

Incredible. Metalliwho?? Oh, my, these guys are fantastic. Perfect thrash.

It's their best one, IMO. You may disappointed the others don't live up to that one, but Overkill always puts out great stuff.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 pm

I've now listened to this enough over the last few days to know it's in my Thrash top-10. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:40 pm

scottmitchell74, check out Under the Influence, Taking Over, and The Years of Decay next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:20 am

HORRORSCOPE 1,000/13
Brilliant thrash record!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Horrorscope   Overkill - Horrorscope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Horrorscope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next