Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill's Horrorscope

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Selvmord
Thrasher73
sam
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Troublezone
manny
Gilbert
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Overkill's Horrorscope Empty
PostSubject: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 pm

I've had this album sitting in my library for over two years. I am ashamed to admit that i spinned it for the first time today.

Oh, my God...I've never trashed to anything more agressive then this. It's was literally a hidden treasure 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:43 pm

I am glad that you finally discovered this gem.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:44 pm

You are quite the late bloomer. It's one of the greatest metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 pm

God knows how many forgotten albums i have in my selection..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I've had this album sitting in my library for over two years. I am ashamed to admit that i spinned it for the first time today.

Oh, my God...I've never trashed to anything more agressive then this. It's was literally a hidden treasure 🤘

So what did you trash? What a Face

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:51 pm

kmorg wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I've seen it spelled like that more than a few times.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I've seen it spelled like that more than a few times.

Then get with the program, and start makin' fun of it! Razz

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Great disc!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great disc!

Couldn't have said it better myself. 🤘

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great disc!

And that's sayin something...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 pm

One of Overkill's best! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 pm

To quote required fields:

🤘
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Great C.D... I love the title track and "Blood Money".

Here's a question for Overkill fans out there. I just got "Bloodletting" (Great disc). I only need "The Killing Kind" and "Killbox 13", so which do I get next?

Does anyone have the "Feck You and Then Some/Feel The Fire" C.D??? I've seen this, and thought about getting that next.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:42 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Here's a question for Overkill fans out there. I just got "Bloodletting" (Great disc). I only need "The Killing Kind" and "Killbox 13", so which do I get next?

Does anyone have the "Feck You and Then Some/Feel The Fire" C.D??? I've seen this, and thought about getting that next.

I like both KILLING KIND and KILLBOX 13, of the two I'd say KILLBOX 13 is probably a slightly stronger album but I listen to KILLING KIND more often, if that makes any sense.

I also have the F**K YOU AND THEN SOME/FEEL THE FIRE combo and it's a rather cheaply-produced compilation of the two albums. The cover art stinks and the liner notes are skimpy. I have since gotten FEEL THE FIRE as a standalone CD and I'm on the lookout for the F**K YOU disc by itself. If you already own both CDs separately there's not much point in buying the combo because there isn't anything new or extra added to them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I like both KILLING KIND and KILLBOX 13, of the two I'd say KILLBOX 13 is probably a slightly stronger album but I listen to KILLING KIND more often, if that makes any sense.

I also have the F**K YOU AND THEN SOME/FEEL THE FIRE combo and it's a rather cheaply-produced compilation of the two albums. The cover art stinks and the liner notes are skimpy. I have since gotten FEEL THE FIRE as a standalone CD and I'm on the lookout for the F**K YOU disc by itself. If you already own both CDs separately there's not much point in buying the combo because there isn't anything new or extra added to them.

I don't have the F**K YOU disc, and my Feel The Fire is a CDR (that's why I thought of going this route). Are you telling me that they didn't even re-master those songs for this combo Freddy? I guess I was under the impression that they did.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Great disc!

And that's sayin something...

wow...that really does say something. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

I don't have the F**K YOU disc, and my Feel The Fire is a CDR (that's why I thought of going this route). Are you telling me that they didn't even re-master those songs for this combo Freddy? I guess I was under the impression that they did.

I'd have to play both versions back-to-back to know for sure but I don't think they remastered FEEL THE FIRE or F**K YOU for the combo reissue... there's nothing in the liner notes that mentions a remastering, anyway, for whatever that's worth.

Basically if you don't have either album, the 2-CD combo would be a cheap shortcut. I believe when I picked it up I paid the same price as a single CD for it.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Its definitely one of their better albums and one of my faves from them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 pm

"I hear black" is pretty good too, but quite unerrated.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:20 pm

IMO Overkill's entire discography is underrated.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 pm

manny wrote:

Totally agree. I even think they're better then bands like anthrax, exodus and testament...But hey, that's just my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Gilbert wrote:
manny wrote:

Totally agree. I even think they're better then bands like anthrax, exodus and testament...But hey, that's just my humble opinion.

I agree with you
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
"I hear black" is pretty good too, but quite unerrated.

See, now I love just about everything else Overkill has ever done but I HEAR BLACK was a letdown for me. To this day I take it off the shelf once or twice a year to listen to two songs ("World of Hurt" and "Spiritual Void") and then it goes back in the rack. The rest of it goes in one ear and out the other for me. Blitz himself has gone on record saying that even he doesnt' like that album very much, so at least I'm not the only one.

Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:28 pm

I hear Black is what got me into liking Overkill. Horrorscope is great too. It's almost 20 years old, so better late than never I guess!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:22 pm

I like Horrorscope. Haven't listened to it in a long time, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill's Horrorscope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next