Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!

Go down 
+8
Wargod
Fat Freddy
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Empty
PostSubject: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:22 am

I can't find the previous thread where we discussed this (I went back 16 pages...that's enough searching...haha), so here's a new one.

I just picked up the remastered reissue of Dr. Feelgood a few days ago, only to get home and listen to the unreleased bonus track and go, "Hmmm...that sounds familiar." Not being a big downloader, I figured I didn't download it. So I checked my CD list and it's not there. I check my CD shelf, and there it is. Weak.

The mail just came and I had three lala envelopes. I open the first one, it's a Ben Harper CD. Staring at the artwork on the CD, I had a similar experience, like I had with the Dr. Feelgood CD—"Hmmm...that looks familiar." Same thing. Not on my CD list, but sitting on my shelf.

At what point do you just have too much frickin' music? lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
i don't think it's an issue of too much music, but rather not enough memory. Laughing

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:45 am

Quote :

If you're asking me, the answer is never. My wife's opinion may differ slightly. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

If you're asking me, the answer is never. My wife's opinion may differ slightly. Smile

Sounds like my house. Having too much music is like having too much fun. It's not possible. My wife would definitely disagree.

Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! 795291
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

They think anything over 10 cds is too much,or at least mine does anyway:lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
i don't think it's an issue of too much music, but rather not enough memory. Laughing
I was joking! The memory is fine—I think. Laughing I'm gonna have to go through my collection again with the laptop and document everything. I'm not spending a ton of money or rebuys, but that Crue CD cost me $7.99! That sucks. I was just in the store, saw the album, and basically just wanted to hear it. I should have thought it over a bit. Maybe my brain would have kicked in a bit sooner.

Anyway, anyone wanna make a trade? Razz
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Yah, my wife says all the time "Ok, I think you've got enough now". At which point I merely say "No, I think I don't have enough money".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:36 pm

It never happened to me, and I don't think that I could accidently buy
an album twice even if I had thousands of CDs (I just passed 400, for
the record Smile ).

My family seems to be pretty understandable about it, but I've heard some complains from a mailman haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

That sounds very familiar to me too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 1:24 pm

I always get second copies, if they're on the cheap. But I am a trade-whore.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:35 pm

It's happened to me a few times and my memory is pretty good, has to be to remember in upwards to 7000+ cds/cdrs.

Wargod48

NP: Embers Of Euphoria - S/T
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 12:31 am

my wife has as many cds as me (well, almost), but her collection is more varied than mine. she has everything from toby kieth, to danzig, to the black eyed peas, to hilary duff, etc etc.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Sounds like my house. Having too much music is like having too much fun. It's not possible. My wife would definitely disagree.

Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! 795291

I'm with you fellas!

ack
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 11:54 am

Very strange to read those reactions about your wifes. Do they realy hate your cd collection so much??? They dont understand that those cds make you so happy and that if you have to take cd´s or wife you would say cd´s???? I dont know but normaly your wifes should be happy that you are spending your money on cds then on drugs or smurf poo like that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 10:47 pm

No, for me it's just a joke. As long as I have money to pay the bills, go on vacation and occasionally take her out to dinner, she's cool with it. There are far worse things I could be addicted to or waste money on. Besides, asking me if I have too much music is like asking her if she has too many shoes.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:56 am

i dont have like a billion albums or suchlike but my collection is expanding.

i like to make sure the music actually gets listened to instead of jut buying it listwning to it once and then never again
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
No, for me it's just a joke. As long as I have money to pay the bills, go on vacation and occasionally take her out to dinner, she's cool with it. There are far worse things I could be addicted to or waste money on. Besides, asking me if I have too much music is like asking her if she has too many shoes.

Okay, then she can stay:lol!: lol! 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 am

And there I've gone and rebought the new TNT. I forgot that I already ordered it from one place, so I ordered it again from another place.

Oh well, I guess that makes ultmetal a happy man! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm

Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!   Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dammit! Two Accidental Rebuys In One Week!
Page 1 of 1