Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<

Go down 
+16
Alex Dee Rokket
Dave the Boss
troublemagnet
krokus
Ultimate.Nightmare
ryanmetalman
bassman
GrandNational
Thrasher73
Stender
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
thejokeriv
manny
kmorg
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Empty
PostSubject: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:02 pm

So hey, don't you hate it when you're trying to get it on with some chick and, wouldn't you know it, Michael Sweet pops up and starts rockin' out about abstinence.....

Dear God, this is like something you'd watch in Sex Ed just so it could 'relate to the young people'.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:16 pm

That is a great album. Never saw this video though, yet I used to own the VHS home video that followed the album....

BTW: I almost choked when I saw the title of his thread!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Wow!!!! This song would be great if it had different lyrics, new music, a different arrangement and if it had been performed by anyone else
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:40 pm

kmorg wrote:
That is a great album. Never saw this video though, yet I used to own the VHS home video that followed the album....

BTW: I almost choked when I saw the title of his thread!

I remember this video from when it came out.... I like this album - it is very Bryan Adams-ish. Heck, they even used they same type of drum machine that BA used on Waking Up The Neighbors.

MTV wouldn't play it and Michael Sweet complained that it was because of the message. I remember MTV releasing a statement that they wouldn;t play it because the song sucked.

Of course, that doesn't explain all the other crap MTV plays.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:55 pm

"I'll reach out. You reach out....."
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:58 pm

I thought this might be another Blackie thread....

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:15 pm

I had that album when it came out...solid AOR record...I always disliked that song, though...always came across lame.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:28 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
"I'll reach out. You reach out....."

The Radio was playin'
Her fingetips where strayin'
Her momma didn;t know she was there

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

I got laid to this song once.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Stender wrote:

Did the goat like it? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Stender wrote:

Did the goat like it? Razz

Boo-Ya!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 pm

manny wrote:
Wow!!!! This song would be great if it had different lyrics, new music, a different arrangement and if it had been performed by anyone else

Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:22 pm

GrandNational wrote:
manny wrote:

Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Lol

x2

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Message aside, those are probably his worst lyrics ever...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Message aside, those are probably his worst lyrics ever...

And like he and his wife (R.I.P) didn't do it before they were married.....
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Let's face it , I like Micheal Sweet, but he's not really known for the most intellectual lyrical content. He usually does better than this, which I think is a low point in his songwriting career. I bought this CD when it first came out, but gave it away shortly after. sick
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Actually, while I do like "Against the Law" overall, one of the songs I don't like is "Not that Kind of Guy," which I'm sure everyone knows here has the same message. Another of Micheal Sweet's low points lyrically, and musically.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:53 pm

"Not That Kind Of Guy" is Shakespeare compared to "Ain't No Safe Way"...

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:33 pm

I thought it was funny that the dude had longer nails then the chick.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Saying no to that girl in the video is madness, the guy must be ga-hey \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
"Not That Kind Of Guy" is Shakespeare compared to "Ain't No Safe Way"...

That's a genius comment right there. I almost fell out of my chair laughing, complete agreement from me lol!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:30 pm

You stupid humans and your disgusting mateing habits. You disgusting humans revel in your humanity like disgusting pigs wallowing in filth
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:07 am

troublemagnet wrote:
You stupid humans and your disgusting mateing habits. You disgusting humans revel in your humanity like disgusting pigs wallowing in filth

So... you don't like girls? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:20 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

So... you don't like girls? Laughing

If liking females makes me a pig wallowing in filth, then I LOVE being a filthy little piggy cause it will take a lot convincing from you or anyone else to stop liking females ... humm... naughty thoughts lol

Anyway that was a good joke Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 am

While the song has a good message in it, the lyrics do come off very corny. It is one of his weaker AOR songs no doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<   Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dammit, I'm tryin' to get laid here!! D:<
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: