Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...

Go down 
+24
metalinmyveins
fingers
GrandNational
DeathCult
exact33
jerseyultifan+
AchrisK
ryanmetalman
Schbopo
Stender
Temple of Blood
Black Coffee
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
Metal Misfit
mc666
Smindas
Fat Freddy
akeldama
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
James B.
INVADERS
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 %3Ca%20href=Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 M" border="0" />Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 M and this one I wonder what was going on in this pic
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm

fingers wrote:
Yes he slams him again in this radio interview on Boxing day I can only get the link to the radio broadcast not the dialogue from the interview. If anyone has the dialogue on what Jeff Young said about Mustaine could you please upload it thanks. I couldnt listen to the radio interview broadcast atm because I nearly run out of download limit for my internet plan
heres the linkhttp://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132596

and also try his myspace http://www.myspace.com/guitaristjeffyoung

Read the comments on the blabbermouth link--that's the show in a nutshell: awful.
Jeff told a story about having to wash his hair in bottled water in one hotel that had brown water, & said before all was said & done, the story gotten embellished [by Mustaine?] to he'd had bottled water shipped to him to wash his hair in. Oh the injustice!
Didn't listen much longer after they kept trying to include the DJ's ass boil in a skit.

Mustaine's true friends? He posted he had 71/2 on his forums the other day.

Glen Drover speaks up about whistling solos & Chuck Behler has a say in it too:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/129093
http://www.bravewords.com/news/129166
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:44 pm

I've always liked Dave Mustaine and nothing is going to change my mind. Artistic people are all hard to get along with.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 pm

So Dave was telling the truth!

Ha! This is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 am

INVADERS wrote:
From Blabbermouth:

Ex-MEGADETH Guitarist JEFF YOUNG Slams DAVE MUSTAINE Over GUITAR WORLD Comments - Dec. 18, 2009

Former MEGADETH guitarist Jeff Young has penned an open letter to the band's mainman Dave Mustaine, accusing him of, among other things, "dissing, exaggerating and just plain lying on some level about nearly every talented musician that has passed through his dysfunctional little ensemble."

"Until now, I chose to keep my mouth shut, even for the VH1 'Behind the Music' episode," Jeff writes on his official MySpace blog. "And boy, could I have eaten up some serious air time with the truth about what REALLY went on 'behind the music' in MEGADETH. But it's been well over twenty years and the guy just can't seem to stop himself.

"Here [Mustaine] goes again, bragging in the pages of Guitar World about how he allegedly sings the solo melodies to all his lead guitarists!!

"Seriously, folks? This guy should take his comedy act on the road, if you'll pardon the pun.

"I can't speak for the others but as exceptional as all the MEGADETH lead guys have been, I don't believe his preposterous yarn for a second.

"Regarding the 'So Far, So Good, So What?!'-era sessions: Mustaine was nowhere in the building during any of my rhythm or lead tracking sessions. And since I came into the process at the last minute, there were also NO band rehearsals whatsoever. So when, exactly, did he sing me those solos?

"Fact is, from what I heard of his unedited 'So Far, So Good, So What?!' lead tracks, the guy can barely play his own lead lines, let alone sing some of the stunning lines that Chris [Poland], Marty [Friedman] or Glen [Drover] played."

Jeff then addresses Dave directly, stating, "Let's be clear for the record: you were not in the studio with me during any of my tracking... not one song — not one second. You know it and I know it. You need to stop blatantly lying to your fans and in the media.

"Perhaps next time you look in the mirror with the ole' 'hello me, meet the real me' crap — you'll pause to consider why you feel the need to continually perpetuate ridiculous ox manur and belittle others in order to make yourself seem more significant or talented.

"You consider yourself a 'genius,' yet after all these years, you're still not smart enough to comprehend that when you diminish others, you dimish yourself most of all — even as you clearly telegraph your raging insecurity for anyone with an ounce of insight to see. You may also want to go back and re-read the lyrics you wrote in 'Liar'. Then consider the giant glass house you've built for yourself and put your silly little stones down, once and for all. At the very least for all the players that helped create all the success you now so arrogantly and selfishly enjoy."

Young concludes his missive by stating, "Oh, and while we're at it: you may want to stop telling the world that you invented the 'spider chord!' Classical guitarists commonly use that approach and it is considered part of the standard classical guitar technique, you fool."

====

I think it's good that someone has finally spoken up against Mustaine.
Megadeth is one of my fav bands but sometimes Mustaine talks loads of shite about previous members and other bands and it's about time someone shouted back....

Can't wait from the impending smurf poo-storm!

Has Dave Mustaine actually responded to Jeff Young over this?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:21 am

^ re: Drover's video. Yep, that happens a lot, I would think in most bands, if someone has an idea and is trying to pitch it - especially the songwriter. I do that same thing all of the time with the drums, I'll play air drums or beat on something or do the teeth thing and show Ben that way, and then sometimes yet again, we'll be hammering a song out and he might throw in an idea somewhere that I hadn't thought of for a particular part but ends up sounding really good and then we spin off more ideas from that part. Jeff needs to chill. Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:54 am

Jeff is the one going too far these days.

Hopefully Dave will take the high road and not respond at all.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm

fingers wrote:

Has Dave Mustaine actually responded to Jeff Young over this?

nope..and young has gone on about it to the point of looking foolish, (banning most who sign up for his forums-afraid they're trolls, & saying "douche canoe" over & over). Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_neutral

he'd have been better off to come on the megadeth board & pimp his new stuff in the (now defunct) alumni section..instead of coming across as a guy with too much time on his hands saying the same thing all the time.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:19 pm

How times change. I remember when Dave was trashed for every little thing he did.

Not sure I see what the issue is behind what Young has stated—besides the fact that it's the internet and is pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3