Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41

Go down 
+10
DeathCult
MetalRob331
Shiney
Required Fields
HellRaiser
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Empty
PostSubject: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:17 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080303/ap_en_mu/obit_healey_3

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am

Wow, that's young. Sad

Great guitar player. I only knew his blues stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:23 am

I was really shocked to read this this morning. That's so young. I just listened to his blues album last week. So sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 am

Wow, this sucks. I really dig Jeff Healey......
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:25 am

His playing style always amazed me. I didn't realize he was self taught either.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 am

Sad news.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 am

That's a shame. I just saw him in the (classic) movie "Road House" on TV a couple of weeks ago. R.I.P. Jeff!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:23 am

Heard about it late last night - this beyond sucks.

A very popular musician here in Canada - his blues-rock material is all over classic rock radio up here. Very similar musically to Stevie Ray Vaughan, although the two have their own unique styles. Speaking of the two... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqU9RZqvFKY

Heard a bit of his jazz material - pretty damn good for a guy that hasn't been playing trumpet for too long (although he's a lifelong fan of the genre), but I've loved his blues-rock stuff since I was a kid.

See the Light (the song) still amazes me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am

HellRaiser wrote:

A very popular musician here in Canada - his blues-rock material is all over classic rock radio up here. Very similar musically to Stevie Ray Vaughan, although the two have their own unique styles. Speaking of the two... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqU9RZqvFKY

Heard a bit of his jazz material - pretty damn good for a guy that hasn't been playing trumpet for too long (although he's a lifelong fan of the genre), but I've loved his blues-rock stuff since I was a kid.

He plays trumpet? I had heard that he was doing jazz stuff lately, but I assumed it was on guitar. I had no idea he could play the trumpet.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
HellRaiser wrote:

He plays trumpet? I had heard that he was doing jazz stuff lately, but I assumed it was on guitar. I had no idea he could play the trumpet.

Yeah, when he started to do his jazz projects, he picked up the trumpet (I think he plays a bit of clarinet too but don't quote me on that Smile . He plays guitar on the jazz stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:40 pm

"The radio ad "Hi, I'm Jeff Healey from the Jeff Healey Band. Don't drink and drive. I don't." Well, I hope you don't drive sober either, Mr. Healey. You're blind, for God's sake!" - George Carlin

Nonetheless, a very talented man. It is extremely impressive what he managed to do considering his disabilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Way too young. A very talented guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:28 pm

That guy had cancer since he was one year old! That's impressive. Yeah, he was young, but to live with cancer for 40 years is pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Sad...he was great...and incredible live!!!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:57 pm

RIP JEFF, PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..

Jeff was an awesome musician, and will be sadly missed..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:28 pm

And by the way, Roadhouse is totally a classic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 pm

That sucks ass. Worst rock news since Pepsi, for me. Top five modern blues masters in my book. Will throw on some Healey in respect.

R.I.P. brother.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Such a shame. I really liked his playing
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 pm

R.I.P. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:42 am

Eyesore wrote:

One of my all time fav movies...

"His name is Daulton"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:35 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

One of my all time fav movies...

"His name is Daulton"

Indeed, I was watching it this morning. Although, I like Sam Elliot better than Swayze actor wise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm shocked! i had no idea he ever had cancer. I was a fan of his music since i saw Roadhouse. RIP
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Absolutely and now Patrick Swayze is battling pancreatic cancer and has been for sometime!

He rocked in Roadhouse and the house band!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:51 pm

May he rest in peace!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:58 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Absolutely and now Patrick Swayze is battling pancreatic cancer and has been for sometime!

He rocked in Roadhouse and the house band!

Wargod48

Wow. The old gypsy was right. The curse of The Roadhouse is coming to fruition. I hope Sam Elliot is ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next