Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)

Go down 
+11
nevermore
kmorg
mc666
Temple of Blood
MetalFRO
T-Roy
AchrisK
Orion Crystal Ice
allthingsmetal
GrandNational
Troublezone
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 am

I usually don't like the overly extreme side of things but i just discovered this band off of a bombworks compilation cd and they sound pretty good. The lead guitarist is Jeff Lewis, the guy that was in Mortification awhile back. The drummer kicks ass!

http://www.myspace.com/realmofdisease
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:47 am

Great band. I still like the Arcane Path better than the latest album, but that's a good one as well.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:56 am

Awesome band. It is more on the side of 'blackened' death metal. I really love all of their/his cds. I am glad he now has an actual drummer. Plus he actually put two cassettes (Powermad 'the madness begins' ep and Eternal Ryte--before it was re-issued) on a cd format for me years back that I could never find the cd for. I am so grateful.......
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 am

Great stuff. Sometimes I wish the vocals were a bit bigger in the mix or more gutteral, but it's ok. I might hopefully get 'Anagogic Tyranny' for Christmas. Smile
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:47 am

I have all but the latest release. I enjoy the band, but have never really been blown away by their albums... and I use the term "they" loosely Smile

I am glad the band is expanding to include a drummer and other musicians. I think the synergy will only increase the quality of Sympathy's music.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 am

Arcane Path is relentless. Incredible death metal, period.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 am

Sympathy rules \m/

I quite like "Anagogic Tyranny". I'm not sure it's yet my favorite, as I also really like "Arcane Path". Though my favorite overall Sympathy song is "Insipid" from the "Abyssal Throne" EP - MAN that song kicks my butt every time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 am

MetalFRO wrote:
Sympathy rules \m/

I quite like "Anagogic Tyranny". I'm not sure it's yet my favorite, as I also really like "Arcane Path". Though my favorite overall Sympathy song is "Insipid" from the "Abyssal Throne" EP - MAN that song kicks my butt every time!
Any similarities/differences that stick out between Abyssal and Arcane? I need to get the new one.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:23 am

"Abyssal Throne" is just an EP of leftovers & other material, but for how insanely awesome "Insipid" is, I consider it essential if you're a fan. Stylistically, not much different, though the EP has slightly better production.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:24 am

I think my favorite Sympathy song is Love Me and Despair.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:24 am

MetalFRO wrote:
"Abyssal Throne" is just an EP of leftovers & other material, but for how insanely awesome "Insipid" is, I consider it essential if you're a fan. Stylistically, not much different, though the EP has slightly better production.
I'm sorry, I meant between Arcane and Anagogic. READY...GO!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Jeff Lewis is an excellent guitarist.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:31 pm

i have Invocation & Arcane Path. both are pretty good.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

I have all the regular releases on CD, and a demo in mp3 format. Great band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Great band!!!! Looking forward to a new cd!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:31 pm

T-Roy wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
I'm sorry, I meant between Arcane and Anagogic. READY...GO!!!

LOL, okay, now I get what you're after. "Anagogic Tyranny" has improved production over "Arcane Path" for starters, but also AT is much more "tech" in nature. Lots of really angular solos & off-kilter melodies and chording. It's like Dharok was trying to push the envelope of how much odd chording he could include in a death metal release or something. I quite like this approach, it gives the album a really unique feel. Granted, he's not the first to do this, but it comes off really well on AT for some reason. If you like AP and would like to hear Dharok even more "tech" oriented, AT is a no-brainer. If you're more for the old-school feel, you might consider skipping AT and going for the next one. The samples he's posted for stuff that will be on the next album is much in the AP vein.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Sounds interesting, I want it. But I def can't wait for the new one.
Back to top Go down
Isaiah 40:31
Metal novice
Metal novice
Isaiah 40:31

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Affraid WOW!!! Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) 438278
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elderblues

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:24 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Arcane Path is relentless. Incredible death metal, period.

Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) 11840
Back to top Go down
Sir Shred A Lot
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sir Shred A Lot

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Just buy everything this band has recorded and you'll be a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:
Just buy everything this band has recorded and you'll be a happy camper.
70 years old and still SHREDDING! You go gramps! Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) 778825
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Way late to this party, but I stumbled across Anagogic Tyranny at Hastings for $.99! So, I gave it a shot. It's fantastic! Absolute keeper.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:09 pm

good stuff! Derek has a talent for death metal.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)   Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian Death metal band (Sympathy)
Page 1 of 1