Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tea Party (Canadian band)

Go down 
+4
Shiney
tohostudios
DeathCult
akeldama
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Tea Party (Canadian band) Empty
PostSubject: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Anybody else here like these guys? Their style is often referred to as "Moroccan Roll". The singer Jeff Martin sounds a lot like Jim Morrison, especially on the first few albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:21 pm

A Canadian girl I knew loved them. She made me a mix tape and I dug it but never delved more into them. I chose to explore Our Lady Peace instead.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:21 pm

I had an ex who raved on and on about them. Never actually listened to an album though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Pretty good band. I have Splendor Solis, Transmission and Tryptych. I like Transmission the best. The SS album sort of reminds me of Led Zeppelin.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:50 pm

very solid band....their debut "Splendor Solis" was slammed as a DOORS/LED ZEP knock off...but it's a great disc...

I never got the second disc but "Transmission" is a benchmark....classic and modern at the same time....strong and rockin'

I did not like "Triptych" and that was the last I listened to anything by them.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:52 pm

Quote :

Ditto

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 5:20 pm

never heard of them. i like the grindcore band Preschool Tea Party Massacre though.

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:01 pm

I had Splendor Soils way back in the day and didn't care for it, from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Shiney wrote:
very solid band....their debut "Splendor Solis" was slammed as a DOORS/LED ZEP knock off...but it's a great disc...

I never got the second disc but "Transmission" is a benchmark....classic and modern at the same time....strong and rockin'

Their 2nd album The Edges Of Twilight is great, a must get IMO.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm

She was such a B*itch that I never actually listened to them out of spite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:41 pm

I had Transmission for a long time. listened to it once, only liked the first song. I ended up selling it on ebay a couple weeks ago. I dont miss it.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:24 pm

I love 'em. Particuarly their world music flavour, shades of Brian Jones era Stones.

The Edges Of Twilight is predictably my favourite.....i really like TRIPtych as well.

Down in Australia their incredibly popular, i think it's their biggest market other then their homeland. Jeff Martin comes down once a year and does his solo show and packs them in. He's really great solo live.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:45 am

My best friend used to listen to them over a decade ago a lot. I never really got into them. Maybe I'll ask him for his albums to give it a spin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Canadian band)   Tea Party (Canadian band) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tea Party (Canadian band)
Page 1 of 1