Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPENDING DOOM

Go down 
+6
metalheaded
GrandNational
Troublezone
mc666
MetalFRO
T-Roy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:11 pm

These guys have to be one of my favorite bands period. They just blow me away, and they're KIDS! This first video is from their first full length Nailed. Dead. Risen. Which if you don't like grind vocals or deathcore, you probably won't like it. LMAO! It's totally brutal. \'arry \'eadbanger

The second video is from the latest release The Serpent Servant. They really upgrade here to a cleaner death metal style, still some core there but no more grind vocals. I love both almost equally but I give TSS the nod as I'm glad Brooke keeps the vocals understandable even though it ads allot to NDR. Def my favorite death growler, this kid can growl.

Impending Doom - Silence The Oppressors

IMPENDING DOOM (New Video Update!) | MySpace Music Videos

IMPENDING DOOM - More Than Conquerors

IMPENDING DOOM (New Video Update!) | MySpace Music Videos

Another praise I have for this band...they know how to produce sick cd booklet and packaging art. Both CD's are just fantastic in the art/booklet and cd print department. IMPENDING DOOM 604261 And YES, I do actually OWN the real CD's! angry
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Great stuff. I don't have "The Serpent Servant" yet, but NDR is BRUTAL. "Silence the Oppressors" is a great track. I love the breakdown at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:20 pm

i've always been on board the ID train. very well done deathcore.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
Do have The Serpent Servant?
Back to top Go down

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't get them. But then I have a Debbie Gibson avatar. Obviously, I am in a different place than most people.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:24 pm

T-Roy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Do have The Serpent Servant?
not yet, just Nailed Dead Risen. it's on my ever growing want list though.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:28 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I don't get them. But then I have a Debbie Gibson avatar. Obviously, I am in a different place than most people.
lol! Nuttin' wrong with that! **panzy**
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 pm

I don't think i could get through a whole cd of this band.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Had the NDR album a while back, but I guess I'm just not too hip to this amount of brutality. There is only so much incoherent vocals I can digest in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Had the NDR album a while back, but I guess I'm just not too hip to this amount of brutality. There is only so much incoherent vocals I can digest in one sitting.
lol! If you like death metal at all, sounds like The Serpent Servant would be more to your liking.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm

I like the second one a lot more than the first. Both have great music, but the pig squeal vocals on the first one are not to my preference, heh heh....

No offense intended by that, BTW...it's just what some of us call that vocal style, since that's what it sounds like. Very Happy

No, seriously, these young whippersnappers can play, and play well. And they're doing it for God, too, which is ultra-cool.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 am

I have Nailed.Dead.Risen on sale on Ebay.....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdamnyankee33

I like them, but I agree with Troublezone and Grand National....it's too much all at once. I like some pig-grind squealies in my death (or other) metal, but not constant.
Back to top Go down
MetLHed4GZus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 143

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm

this band is great! I have the serpent servant
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:28 am

^^ Matt, you need to get NDR if you don't have it - BRUTAL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:39 am

I saw them here is Tucson. It was a pretty good show. They were with White Chapel and some similar bands. I have N.D.R. it's a pretty fun listen, though generally speaking I dislike deathcore. I listened to one of the new songs on their Myspace and thought it seemed pretty generic.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:14 pm

I guess I might have to sample the new one. I heard samples of the first one but I just couldn't get into it. I like me some death metal but the core vocals turned me off.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

IMPENDING DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPENDING DOOM   IMPENDING DOOM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPENDING DOOM
Page 1 of 1