Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good buys at Hot Topic

Go down 
+11
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ultmetal
powermacho
Stender
mc666
MetalH
A Handful of Wayne
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Good buys at Hot Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Svengo wrote:
Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Svengo wrote:
Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Svengo wrote:
Ahhh, Hot Topic that ubiquitous mall store that tries to make suburban teens think that they're actually edgy.
Doesn't that describe all teens, though? All teens are dorks. Laughing

Maybe so but when I think back to high school I remember that the people that I thought were cool and edgy never needed any crap that they or their parents could buy for them at some mall store or anywhere else for that matter. They were just cool regardless.
And our parents said the same thing you just said. lol!

I guess what I'm talking about is people who were just cool and edgy because of their personality and how they act in general, people who are just real individuals.
Dressing up like a kid who works behind the counter in a Hot Topic is far from being an individual, in many ways I'd call it almost mainstream. I see tons of people with piercings, tattoos, goth clothing, and the like hanging out at the mall and even Starbucks. The last time I looked the mall and Starbucks weren't exactly on the list of edgy places for people to hang. I guess those particular kids are going to be on to something else pseudo-edgy involving stuff you can purchase from another basically mass-market store next week.
I hear ya, but times have changed and our 80s perspectives are skewed. Trust me, I haven't got a clue what the kids are up to these days, but I try not to judge them; I just avoid them at all costs! Haha.

I think at its core, every generation goes through the same exact things. What changes—and what we of a different generation find hard to relate to—clothing styles, mainstream music, lingo, etc.—is immaterial.
Back to top Go down

Good buys at Hot Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Quote :
every generation goes through the same exact things

Exactly.

I remember my dad saying things like "Man, today's Rock is OK...but nothing can touch Savoy Brown (for example)...Rock was so much better then..."

Fast forwards to 2009, I say to my son "Man, today's Rock is OK...but nothing can touch Iron Maiden (for example)...Rock was so much better then..."

Every generation has it's trends and, like it or not, everyone at some point was part of them...
Back to top Go down

Good buys at Hot Topic
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2