Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good buys at Hot Topic

Go down 
+11
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ultmetal
powermacho
Stender
mc666
MetalH
A Handful of Wayne
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Good buys at Hot Topic Empty
PostSubject: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:42 am

So I went to the mall today not really wanting to go and I went into Hot Topic just for the hell of it. I went to take a look at the shirts and the first thing that jumped at me was Destruction Mad Butcher. I was like whoa! I'm getting that one. I took another look and there was Anthrax Spreading the Disease, another look Nuclear Assault, Overkill, Mercyful Fate and Sodom. I grabbed all of those except for the Sodom one. I didnt really care for what was on it but now that I think of it I might go back and get it haha.

Some were $20 some were $15. I don't know why there was a price difference but who cares I got some kick ass shirts. Good buys at Hot Topic 11840

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:16 am

Wow, that's a score! Every time I go to hot topic I see "The Used" and "My Chemical Romance" shirts. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:17 am

people knock Hot Topic because of the scenesters, but they do carry some cool sh*t from time to time.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:33 am

dude, if I see a emo scenester in my town wearing a mad butcher shirt he/she/it is toast. Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:40 am

that's great shirts wayne. I visited hot topic about a month ago, and didn't find anything good. exept the ROLL THE BONES shirt from RUSH.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:27 am

Stender wrote:
dude, if I see a emo scenester in my town wearing a mad butcher shirt he/she/it is toast. Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_razz

Why, maybe the "emo scenster" is actually starting to develop some taste. headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Why, maybe the "emo scenster" is actually starting to develop some taste. Good buys at Hot Topic 11840

Yeah!!! Give em a break!!!!!!!!

I actually got an Iron Maiden A Matter Of Life & Death shirt from Hot Topic in 2006 for $18 bucks!!!! I needed it for the show!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 am

I haven't set foot in a mall in a couple of years. Hence I've never even seen a Hot Topic store.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:46 am

I've seen some old style Def Leppard shirts, some cool Maiden ones, Megadeth and of course the obligatory Metallica shirt recently. They even had Boston for a brief time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:58 am

I haven't been in Hot Topic since last Christmas season. It's the one time I can walk in and pretend I'm shopping for my make-believe teen. Othewise I feel out of place with all the suburban white kids trying to look all tough & rebellious.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:19 pm

HAHAHA! Yea I feel wierd going in there myself cause I don't have piercings or tattoos or different colored hair nor do I even dress like someone that listens to metal. Of course I wear my shirts all the time which is probably the only thing thats metal (as far as look goes) about me lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Hot Topic has always been a good store. I wish a store like that existed when I was a kid.

Their CD prices are too high, though.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Why, maybe the "emo scenster" is actually starting to develop some taste. headbanger

I was only half joking when I said that, but yeah your right. It just erks me when kids that have no idea about the music or the people behind the music, wear the shirts or download the popular songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Hot Topic has always been a good store. I wish a store like that existed when I was a kid.

Their CD prices are too high, though.

Yea, back in my day if you wanted to dress the part, you had to go downtown to seedy head shops. Hot Topic just took that ethos and made it safe & corporate to fit in with Borders books and Gap at the local mall. Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_lol

I thought the cds are too expensive as well. I've only made one purchase there for Early Mans last ep for $5. And I only threw that in there because I was buying a shirt for my kid from the discount rack.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Over the years, I've acquired quite a few cool Tshirts from Hot Topic.

I've seen: Dio, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Within Temptation, Iron Maiden, Slayer all kinds of them really.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:46 pm

My favorite thing that I have seen in Hot Topic was an infant "onesie" that said "I listen to Iron Maiden with my Daddy" on the front. I wish I would have had a friend with a baby at the time, I would have bought it! Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:36 pm

The only problem with Hot Topic shirts is that their shirts are meant for starving emo kids. Their XXLs are TINY! Of course, the ICP shirts go up to XXXXL, but I'm not into fat white kids throwing up gang claws and shouting "Much clown love, Juggalo! Woop! Woop!" while I'm walking through the mall.

They have some awesome old school 80s shirts...but the biggest size is MAYBE a medium, even though it says XXL.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:00 pm

hahaha Yea occasionally I'll have the problem where i'll buy a large shirt and when I go to put it on after it was washed I have to stretch it out, but its rare that has happened lately. Again though, that happens with any shirt from anywhere you buy it from. I cant tell you how many large shirts I have that feel like an extra large and how many large shirts feel like a medium.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 pm

I've always liked the retro t-shirts they have. I could never find my size though but now that I've lost weight, I need to go check'em out again.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Ahhh, Hot Topic that ubiquitous mall store that tries to make suburban teens think that they're actually edgy.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Svengo wrote:
Ahhh, Hot Topic that ubiquitous mall store that tries to make suburban teens think that they're actually edgy.

True, bet when you look past the goth crap, they actually do have some decent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Svengo wrote:
Doesn't that describe all teens, though? All teens are dorks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Svengo wrote:

Maybe so but when I think back to high school I remember that the people that I thought were cool and edgy never needed any crap that they or their parents could buy for them at some mall store or anywhere else for that matter. They were just cool regardless.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:58 pm

Svengo wrote:
Svengo wrote:

Maybe so but when I think back to high school I remember that the people that I thought were cool and edgy never needed any crap that they or their parents could buy for them at some mall store or anywhere else for that matter. They were just cool regardless.
And our parents said the same thing you just said. lol!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Svengo wrote:
Svengo wrote:

And our parents said the same thing you just said. lol!

I guess what I'm talking about is people who were just cool and edgy because of their personality and how they act in general, people who are just real individuals.
Dressing up like a kid who works behind the counter in a Hot Topic is far from being an individual, in many ways I'd call it almost mainstream. I see tons of people with piercings, tattoos, goth clothing, and the like hanging out at the mall and even Starbucks. The last time I looked the mall and Starbucks weren't exactly on the list of edgy places for people to hang. I guess those particular kids are going to be on to something else pseudo-edgy involving stuff you can purchase from another basically mass-market store next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good buys at Hot Topic   Good buys at Hot Topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good buys at Hot Topic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next