Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)

Go down 
+30
Joe
nevermore
krokus
allthingsmetal
Troublezone
JDC
Olafsto
MetLHed4GZus
7thSecond
Metallic Blaze
kyleblack
Lurideath
biddle
Glenn Rogers
ghost
James B.
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Svengo
mc666
GrandNational
troublemagnet
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
sheets
Stender
jstate
Temple of Blood
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Evile - Enter the Grave
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 pm

S wrote:
Blatant Disarray

This is your favorite album of all the new-school thrash releases?
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm one of those guys that likes most of them but if I had to pick just one, it would be: Evile--Enter the Grave. This could have been released right along with Xentrix, Detritus, Atrophy, etc.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:49 pm

This is an excellent subject to be reading. I own none of these mentioned and now I have ideas on what to try out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 pm

VIOLENT ATTACK:THE FINAL MASSACRE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S wrote:
Blatant Disarray

This is your favorite album of all the new-school thrash releases?

Of the ones I've heard, I prefer this one...with Lazarus AD a close second...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 pm

mc666 wrote:
Bestial Mockery - Evoke the Desecrator

Do they play thrash now???? I have some of their early releases like A SIGN OF SATANIC VICTORY single, CHRISTCRUSHING HAMMERCHAINSAW on vinyl, CHAINSAW EXECUTION on lp, some demos on tape like WAR THE FINAL SOLUTION or LIVE 1998 with LUST but back in the last 90s, or early 00 they didnt play exacly thrash metal. More black/thrash. But to be honest, after CHRISTCRUSHING HAMMERCHAINSAW from 2002 i didnt listen to the band and didn buy anything by them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Lazarus A.D. - The Onslaught
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Bestial Mockery still plays what they have their entire existence. Still black/thrash.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Wow, this is kind of tough. It is between Vektor's Black Future and Assaulter's Salvation Like Destruction. Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 447763

After the coin toss, it goes to Assaulter.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 pm

New Ravage!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 am

Tough question. I can pick different album every day, but since I've been listening to VEKTOR recently, I'll with this one, so VEKTOR - Black Future it is.

By the way, to whom it may concern, LICH KING has been upgraded to a real full band of 5 people and has been playing live shows in their neck of the woods (soon to embark on US tour with VEKTOR).

that was also the reason why the upcoming album "World Gone Dead" has been delayed (originally slated to be released in late 2009). It has been completely re-recorded in real studio with live drums and everything, and will be on a completely new level sound and production-wise. Sound samples to follow once we start mastering it. /end of shameless plug Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 am

Warbringer - War Without End
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 am

I'm really digging HAVOK - Burn & VEKTOR - Black Future.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:49 am

ultmetal wrote:

I'm seriously considering buying these two albums.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 am

ultmetal wrote:

Those are are 2 I wwould pick as well.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:04 am

brontotex wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Those are are 2 I wwould pick as well.

Okay. That's two fer.

I'm adding them to the list now!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:52 am

That Havok is good stuff.I havent checked out Vektor yet.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 am

Havok are one of those bands that sound so familiar they almost have a nostalgia about them, even though they are a new band. They don't really sound like any one band, but rather the culmination of many bands. The first time I listened to the CD, I was hooked. I heard a lot of Testament influences. On subsequent listens, I began to hear a lot of other influences. "Morbid Symmetry" really reminded me of Frolic-era Death Angel. Havok also know how to write hooks and mix up tempos and songs enough so that the whole album doesn't blend together as one boring speed fest.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3