Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)

Go down 
+30
Joe
nevermore
krokus
allthingsmetal
Troublezone
JDC
Olafsto
MetLHed4GZus
7thSecond
Metallic Blaze
kyleblack
Lurideath
biddle
Glenn Rogers
ghost
James B.
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Svengo
mc666
GrandNational
troublemagnet
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
sheets
Stender
jstate
Temple of Blood
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Anyone like Anger As Art?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

I have one CD by Anger As Art and like it. Probably need to give it more spins. This is Angelo's band with Steve Gaines or Abattoir fame, correct?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Anger as Art was awesome. Although I thought th Pagan War stuff was even better and totally deserving of a proper issue [obviouslly, along with Abattoir - Evil Incarnate].
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Can't decide. Maybe Vindicator - There Will Be Blood

Just checked this out yesterday ... pretty good stuff!
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:54 pm

I'll be the kissass here Temple of Blood - Prepare For The Judgment Of Mankind though I almost picked Arnion. headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:28 pm

I'll pick Avenger of Blood - Death Brigade as well! haha

I still love this album!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

I have one CD by Anger As Art and like it. Probably need to give it more spins. This is Angelo's band with Steve Gaines or Abattoir fame, correct?

Yes, they just releaased a new one...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Bonded By Blood-Feed The Beast

Not the best technically but these guys have a lot of talent and I keep coming back to this album.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Got to go with Warbringer - Waking Into Nightmares. The album just rips from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 pm

I'm honestly not much of a fan of the new wave bands. I like the old school bands - and also the new school bands with an original plot. I don't like second hand bands ripping off originator bands.

That said, my favorite album from any kind of new school band would easily be:

Skeletonwitch ~ Beyond the Permafrost

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 YDSI-0018
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Evile - Enter The Grave
Back to top Go down
MetLHed4GZus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 pm

once dead- visions of hell
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Anyone like LICH KING? Seems a lot of thrash fans really hate this "band", but I found their Toxic Zombie Onslaught CD to be quite fun. I guess people don't like humor in their thrash metal. I'm not sure when metal lost it's sense of humor, but Lich King brings it back in full force.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Never have heard Lich King.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:13 am

ultmetal wrote:
Anyone like LICH KING? Seems a lot of thrash fans really hate this "band", but I found their Toxic Zombie Onslaught CD to be quite fun. I guess people don't like humor in their thrash metal. I'm not sure when metal lost it's sense of humor, but Lich King brings it back in full force.

I have their first album. I wasn't sold on it at first, but it grew on me after some spins. The music/topics/humor were fine. The vocals are more gruff than I'm used to, so I never bothered to pick up their 2nd album. Too much other stuff that I'd rather listen to, especially if its a band that I have to force myself to listen to and wait for it to sink in.

I'm an American. I want instant gratification!!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 am

ultmetal wrote:

I like the songs I've heard off that album I just havent gotten around to buying any of their stuff.You know the story,so many cds,such little money.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 am

ultmetal wrote:

Great album/band.
I agree, there`s too little humor in thrash.
You gotta love song titles like:
Attack of the Wrath of the War of the Death of the Strike of the Sword of the Blood of the Beast
Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:58 am

ultmetal wrote:

I have Necromantic maelstrom, and I liked it quite a bit. The humor is actually pretty funny too. Never heard the toxic zombie onslaught though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:52 pm

I love the humor that some bands throw in their thrash.Thats why I like bands like Hyades and Gama Bomb who dont take themselves too seriously.I miss the old days of Anthrax and their wit and humor.

Ult if you dig bands with humor check out F.K.U (Freddy Kreugers Underwear).Funny stuff for sure.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm

I love humor in my thrash.

I guess that's why I always like Billy Milano and MOD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love humor in my thrash.

I guess that's why I always like Billy Milano and MOD.

What we need is more thrash in humor. Wouldn't Dane Cook be that much more enjoyable if he got slammed around in a mosh pit during his routine? Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 209773

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Tough to pick just one, but based what I listen to most:

Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose Of Death

honorable mentions:
Sauron - Thrash Assault
Hellish Crossfire - Slaves Of The Burning Pentagram
Municipal Waste - Hazardous Mutation
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Evile's Enter the Grave for me. It's one I keep coming back to over and over again. There's some other good ones listed here, but if I gotta pick one, it's Evile.

I may have to change my mind on this one and go with Lazarus A.D.'s The Onslaught. That's subject to change in a few months when someone else bumps this thread again.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Blatant Disarray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)   Favorite album of the new school thrash bands?  (post-2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite album of the new school thrash bands? (post-2004)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next