Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?

Go down 
+11
DeathCult
Lurideath
Leatherface
Required Fields
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
manny
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Enjoyed his work on Onslaught's In Search of Sanity. Very underrated record IMO.

Yea, I picked up that disc not long ago. Good stuff. That was the only Onslaught disc he did vocals for correct?
Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 am

One of the best vocalists EVER!! He could have fit in any band. Grim Reaper is still by far his best, but I am a Grim Reaper freak so I guess my vote don't really count. haha

The reason Beavis and Butthead didn't like Grim Reaper is because they liked ga-hey modern crap like Pantera, Metallica, and tons more ga-hey crap at the time the show was aired.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 am

Lurideath wrote:

The reason Beavis and Butthead didn't like Grim Reaper is because they liked ga-hey modern crap like Pantera, Metallica, and tons more ga-hey crap at the time the show was aired.

Yea, that and the fact that Steve looked hilariously silly with his sausage body squeezed into that spandex outfit in the "See You In Hell" video probably didn't help either...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:07 am

Lurideath wrote:
One of the best vocalists EVER!! He could have fit in any band. Grim Reaper is still by far his best, but I am a Grim Reaper freak so I guess my vote don't really count. haha

Yes, because "See You In hell my friend" and a fat guy in cheap spandex is the apotheosis of amazing songwriting and performance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 am

Porky in hell.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Throw-momma

HOLY smurf poo! What a dream I was having, Louie Armstrong was trying to kill me! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:37 pm

You all should have your metal licenses revoked for not liking Grim Reaper!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I never said I didn't like Grim Reaper... but let's face it, Steve G. should've re-considered his stagewear decisions from the git-go. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I never said I didn't like Grim Reaper... but let's face it, Steve G. should've re-considered his stagewear decisions from the git-go. Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_lol

Yea, I like Grim Reaper and thought Steve did a great job in Onslaught. And I'm sure we've all made some questionable wardrobe decisions in our past. But a fat man in spandex is just too easy a target to resist.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I never said I didn't like Grim Reaper... but let's face it, Steve G. should've re-considered his stagewear decisions from the git-go. Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_lol

Yea, I like Grim Reaper and thought Steve did a great job in Onslaught. And I'm sure we've all made some questionable wardrobe decisions in our past. But a fat man in spandex is just too easy a target to resist.

Yeah - he should have learned from how the record company execs handled Ann Wilson's weight in the 80's
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Like you for not liking Slayer... Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The only one that sounds like he might have had a legit chance was the Sabbath gig. He had an in with a member that actually asked him to audition.

With Priest & Maiden, it just sounds like he and a thousand other singers sent demos with their fingers crossed.

That equates to a slow news day @ Classic Rock Magazine Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Yeah - he should have learned from how the record company execs handled Ann Wilson's weight in the 80's

...but Steve doesn''t have a hot guitar playing sister that the video crews/photographers could focus on while Steve stood in the foreground, visible only from the shoulders up. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-kWu1JLU4Q
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Actually, I do remember them digging some bands not far stylistically removed from Grim Reaper as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Metal novice
Metal novice
Oggy Mcheadbanger

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 am

thejokeriv wrote:
He would have been a much better choice than Blaze!!!!

I second that, most definitely.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:39 am

Oggy Mcheadbanger wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
He would have been a much better choice than Blaze!!!!

I second that, most definitely.

Should've gotten Paul D. back Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 11840 Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 11840 Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 11840

Metal novice
Metal novice
Oggy Mcheadbanger

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Yes, because "See You In hell my friend" and a fat guy in cheap spandex is the apotheosis of amazing songwriting and performance.

Yeah, Grim Reaper weren't particularly the coolest looking metal guys around, but hey they played some of the best metal there is.

Plus, at least Beavis and Butthead headbanged to Death's "Philosopher" video. But I really didn't like how they'd trash on Accept...like who would do that?!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Actually, Beavis and Butt-Head despised Death when they were played.
Back to top Go down
Oggy Mcheadbanger
Metal novice
Metal novice
Oggy Mcheadbanger

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Oh man, you're right! I just saw the video again, it was still pretty funny though. But man I lost a bit of respect for Beavis and Butthead.

Anyways, is Steve Grimmett in a band currently?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Oggy Mcheadbanger wrote:

Anyways, is Steve Grimmett in a band currently?

He's got something called "Grimmstine" going, don't know how many releases it has under its belt...

Steve also occasionally does festival gigs with a "new" Grim Reaper lineup in which he's the only original member.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Didn't Steve Grimmett release a solo album a year or two ago?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2