Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?

Go down 
+11
DeathCult
Lurideath
Leatherface
Required Fields
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
manny
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Empty
PostSubject: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Thought this was an odd news bit. I never heard about him being considered for any of these positions back in the day. So either he's the unluckiest guy in the world, or he's completely full of it. Either way, I think he would've been a better fit for Maiden than Blaze was.

STEVE GRIMMETT Says He Was Being Considered For Singer Position In MAIDEN, PRIEST And SABBATH - Nov. 9, 2009
British heavy metal vocalist Steve Grimmett has told Classic Rock magazine that he nearly joined not one, not two… but three legendary bands. Grimmett, who made his name with GRIM REAPER, ONSLAUGHT and LIONSHEART, said, "When Bruce Dickinson left IRON MAIDEN, I sent them a demo. But never heard anything back from them, and then heard that Blaze Bayley had the job. But a while afterwards, their manager Rod Smallwood told me that I'd made the top five on their short list."

The singer also went for the JUDAS PRIEST gig as the replacement for Rob Halford. "I did get a letter back, thanking me for my interest, but they didn't feel I was quite right for them."

Finally, he was actually being lined up by BLACK SABBATH.

"Drummer Bobby Rondinelli called and asked if I'd like to join the band. I was committed to doing the second LIONSHEART album ('Pride In Tact'), but told him that, if they could wait, then I'd love to do it. But by the time I was ready, the original lineup was back together, so that was out of the window."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Run to the hills? Indeed!!

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Steve_grimmett

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Throw-momma
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:48 pm

I had heard back in the day that he was being considered for MAIDEN along with Doogie White and James LaBrie. I'm sure their desire for a British singer is one of the things that propelled him on that list.

I don't think he was a serious contender for PRIEST based on what I have read.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 pm

He would have been a much better choice than Blaze!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:51 pm

That dude can sing but image is also important and I am afraid that maybe (if these stories are true) the way he looks maybe why he didnot get the gig with any of those bands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:56 pm

manny wrote:
That dude can sing but image is also important and I am afraid that maybe (if these stories are true) the way he looks maybe why he didnot get the gig with any of those bands.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Remember Beavis & Butt-Head ripping on Grim Reaper's "See You In Hell" video?

"Hey Beavis, didn't these guys play at the State Fair last year?"
"Yeah! Yeah! The lead singer won a blue ribbon in the hog contest! Cuz he's FAT! Heh! Heh! Heh!"

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me.

"Yeah! Yeah! The lead singer won a blue ribbon in the hog contest! Cuz he's FAT! Heh! Heh! Heh!"

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? 201269

Yup, his image probably didn't help the cause.

That B&B moment is ingrained in my head anytime the name Steve Grimmett comes up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me.

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? 201269

LMAO!!!! I forgot about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was great!!!!!!! Hu Hu HU Hu Hu HU

I'm sure Steve Harris didn;t want a fat dude behind the mic, instead he got blaze "shadow boxer" baley to sign
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Maybe Maiden should have had Steve Grimmett hidden behind the stage singing, while Blaze lip synched , the metal world's version of Milli Vanilli.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:19 pm

I like how Steve sez he later heard from Rod Smallwood that he was in "the top five on their short list" for the Maiden gig. I wonder how many were on that short list. I'm guessing... four. Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_lol

This whole news item is like "Dudes, I almost won the lottery, but I didn't have five out of the six numbers."

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Lol

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 pm

The only one that sounds like he might have had a legit chance was the Sabbath gig. He had an in with a member that actually asked him to audition.

With Priest & Maiden, it just sounds like he and a thousand other singers sent demos with their fingers crossed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me.

Laughing very hard

My personal fav was when Butt-Head stated, "Look at his face", then Beavis quipped "Yeah, his face sucks'!!! This line proceeded the lines you just quoted Freddy. If anyone wants to view the clip here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRrP36KTGw
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Quote :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRrP36KTGw

Oh, man, that was classic!!

"They bought their clothes at the rock n' roll store in the mall."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:07 pm

"Stop in the name of all that which does not suck!!!"

Classic!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Was he in, Throw Momma From The Train?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Excellent vocalist who never was involved in a whole lot that I enjoyed. However, I dig some of the Grim Reaper classics and he also has some stuff he's done on his own, some really good songs, 'Karma', and he's done a ridiculously good cover of 'Powerslave'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Very good singer...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me.

Laughing very hard

I'm surprised Beavis and Butt-Head gave Grim Reaper a negative review. I thought they would like them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Enjoyed his work on Onslaught's In Search of Sanity. Very underrated record IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 am

Leatherface wrote:
Enjoyed his work on Onslaught's In Search of Sanity. Very underrated record IMO.

Yea, I picked up that disc not long ago. Good stuff. That was the only Onslaught disc he did vocals for correct?

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:30 am

He sang on that? I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:57 am

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Steve_grimmett_ffest1

SEE YOU IN HELL MY FREEEEEEEIIINNNNDDD!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:52 pm

The live version of him singing that on YouTube (from some VHS promo release I had never seen) is absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Leatherface wrote:

Indeed, great album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?   Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Grimmett -- Three Time Loser?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next