Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite "bonus" tracks?

Go down 
+4
Smindas
kmorg
mc666
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

Favorite "bonus" tracks? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 10:58 pm

Heathen - Hellbound (Victims of Deception)
Sepultura - C.I.U. (Arise)
Iron Maiden - Twilight Zone (Killers)
Judas Priest - Race With the Devil (Sin After Sin)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 11:55 pm

Hmmm...off hand, "Spatial Architects" and "Lunar Lament" off the latest Demons & Wizards album had no business being bonus tracks. Nor did "Immigrant Song" have any business not being a bonus track.

Some other good ones are:

Dark Tranquillity - Cornered (Haven bonus)
Machine Head - Alan's On Fire (Burn My Eyes bonus)
Solitude Aeturnus - Lucid Destitution (Alone bonus)
Devin Townsend - Universal (Terria bonus)
Slayer - Unguarded Instinct - (Diabolus In Musica bonus)
Elis - Heaven And Hell (Griefshire bonus)
Masterplan - Black Dog (Masterplan bonus)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 3:50 am

The Gathering - Adrenaline
Slayer - Scarstruck

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 4:19 am

Thorazine Shuffle from Savatage's "Gutter Ballet"

I also love the 4 bonus tracks on the bonus DVD on their "From The Gutter To The Stage" compilation. 2 of them were Japanese bous tracks from "Edge Of Thorns".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:04 am

Thorazine Shuffle's a bonus track? That can't be right as I've seen it on every version of Gutter Ballet. I'm pretty sure it's one of the album tracks.

Anyway, back on topic;
Savatage - Gutter Ballet [Edel version, I think?] - All That I Bleed (Piano version)
Savatage - Handful of Rain [SPV] - Alone You Breathe (Acoustic)
Megadeth - United Abominations - Black Swan (that song seriously should've been on the album and A Tout Le Monde the bonus track)

And that's all that immediately comes to mind.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:13 am

Kreator - State Oppression (Awesome Raw Power cover - bonus track on Japanese version of Cause for Conflict)
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 11:12 am

I'm more into B-side tracks than bonus cuts. I think Crossing Over by Van Halen is one of the best songs the band has ever written, period!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 1:27 pm

Smindas wrote:
Thorazine Shuffle's a bonus track? That can't be right as I've seen it on every version of Gutter Ballet. I'm pretty sure it's one of the album tracks.
It wasn't on the tape. It's a CD bonus track.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 1:32 pm

Ahh, right. Weird.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:44 pm

All four bonus tracks on Leather Nunn CD.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:51 pm

Well....

AC/DC - cold hearted man .. IMO one of the best tunes ever with Bon Scott, written during powerage released on the European/Austrailian version(vinyl), but not on the US version. now that all the cd versions are the US version that song has simply dissappeared.... you used to be able to obtain it through a 3 box vinyl (french) set with that song as a 12" single..... very hard to find now....

Iron Maiden - Total Eclipse written during the beast sessions not included on the lp, but for years was available on the flip side of the 12" single for ..... either NOTB or RTH... now is available on the regular issue CD....

Judas Priest - Riding on the Wind (live) ... bonus track on Hell Bent For Leather.... one of the most underated Priest tunes.... this version is fast and raw... I love the guitar interplay between Tipton and Downing.... mighta been taken from live in Memphis.... source not listed but performance sounds pretty close....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:49 pm

I've enjoyed all of the bonus tracks (mostly covers) that Anthrax has released over the years on all of the Bush-era re-issues.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:

That's a pretty cool song, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Yup, that is correct. And it wasn't on the vinyl either.

I saw someone mention the acoustic tracks on some of the Savatage reissues. Well, I have plenty more of those on other Savatage re-issued to.o. I think there are at least 6 all together. All great tunes!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 am

Yeah, that was me who mentioned them. I've heard a handful of them, I just couldn't remember them at the time. Another great one is the acoustic 'Believe'.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:24 pm

"Savage" from Helloween on one of the first Keepers. Awesome thrashing track!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "bonus" tracks?   Favorite "bonus" tracks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite "bonus" tracks?
Page 1 of 1