Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WASP - Babylon

Go down 
+26
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
krokus
mez
metalheaded
iamrockerfun
kethdredd
nevermore
tohostudios
manny
Troublezone
Cliffy
mc666
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
JBall_Z
Shini
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
Metal Misfit
sam
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

I would consider W.A.S.P.'s "signature" song to be either "Wild Child" or their cover of "The Real Me"...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:14 pm

How on earth can a cover song be their singnature song?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:26 pm

kmorg wrote:

Easy, if it was a hit. Not counting the moes that frequent this board because we're a bunch of know-it-alls, but if you asked the average Joe on the street to name a song by Great White, I bet most would say 'Once Bitten..." just becasue that's the song that more-or-less broke the band in the MTV days. Same goes for Tesla. The last time I saw them live, when I told a few co-workers who I was going to see that night, they said "Oh, the band that sings "Signs". Now I wouldn't say that 'Signs' is Tesla's signature song, but for allot of folks, it's the only one they know.

Signature song to me doesn't have to mean it's the band's "perfect song". It's just the song that they are typically known for, be it a hit, a cover or in some cases, a song so bad, it's just become associated with that group.

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:41 pm

MetalGuy71 nailed it:

Van Halen - You Really Got Me
Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shy
Tesla - Signs
W.A.S.P. - The Real Me
Judas Priest - Green Manalishi
Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:21 pm

kmorg wrote:

Umm..... Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Easy, if it was a hit. Not counting the moes that frequent this board because we're a bunch of know-it-alls, but if you asked the average Joe on the street to name a song by Great White, I bet most would say 'Once Bitten..." just becasue that's the song that more-or-less broke the band in the MTV days. Same goes for Tesla. The last time I saw them live, when I told a few co-workers who I was going to see that night, they said "Oh, the band that sings "Signs". Now I wouldn't say that 'Signs' is Tesla's signature song, but for allot of folks, it's the only one they know.

Signature song to me doesn't have to mean it's the band's "perfect song". It's just the song that they are typically known for, be it a hit, a cover or in some cases, a song so bad, it's just become associated with that group.

Thanks, I see what you mean know.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kethdredd wrote:
The US version comes out Nov 9. At least thats what he said on That Metal Show.

For what it's worth, I heard last night on Eddie Trunk's radio show that the US release has been pushed back to January, 2010, but he didn't give a specific date.

Now I'm reading this, so I don't know what to believe...

Quote :
W.A.S.P. leader Blackie Lawless has never been afraid to speak his mind - and prod his loyal following while using thought-provoking imagery (both lyrically and on stage). And this is certainly apparent on the group's fourteenth studio album overall, Babylon. Due to the album's success overseas (charting high in almost every European country following its release on October 12th), the U.S. release of Babylon will occur much sooner than its originally-planned early 2010 release date, so that fans do not have to shell out extra money for the disc as an import. The CD will be available in the States in record stores on November 17th, with an official release date of December 8th.

How can it be released on Nov. 17th, but not "official" till Dec. 8th? If it's out on the 17th, doesn't it make that date the official release date?

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:04 am

I'm not sure but if anyone spots a US release, let me know, I'm looking to pick this up.

On a side note, I love WASPs The Real Me cover...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:35 am

Just order it online. I'm tired of waiting for these supposed U.S. release dates (I still say Lynch Mob never got a US release). You can get the imports online for no more than you're going to pay for the U.S. distributed version.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Just order it online. I'm tired of waiting for these supposed U.S. release dates (I still say Lynch Mob never got a US release). You can get the imports online for no more than you're going to pay for the U.S. distributed version.

It's more fun to complain about it's lack of distribution. WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Lol

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:41 am

Amazon zShops have a new copy for 12.50

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:08 pm

I see it out already and it doesn't say anything about being an import. Weird.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 pm

I picked this up last night and spun a couple times today. I really like it. Lookin' forward to playing the heck out of it in the near future. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 am

Very good album. Classic Blackie Lawless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Hey Freddy and you other yankees! WASP is coming to your neck o the woods soon......

3/12/10 STARLAND BALLROOM SAYREVILLE NEW JERSEY
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Thought I wouldn't bother starting a new thread for this question.
How many of WASP's albums were released on the Snapper Classics label? I have their first two albums and the digipaks are really neat and the booklets cool. The bonus tracks are also good. I don't want to end up getting any of the albums that aren't of this type, e.g. maybe the live albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 pm

snooloui wrote:
How many of WASP's albums were released on the Snapper Classics label? I have their first two albums and the digipaks are really neat and the booklets cool. The bonus tracks are also good. I don't want to end up getting any of the albums that aren't of this type, e.g. maybe the live albums.

According to RateYourMusic.com...

The Last Command
Inside the Electric Circus
The Best of the Best 1984-2000
The Sting
The Last Command/W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. (own it)
The Headless Children/Inside the Electric Circus (own it)
The Sting/Helldorado (want it)
The Crimson Idol (want it)

I agree that the Snapper releases are really cool and well done.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am

Interesting Sleazeroxx interview with Blackie. Some of this we've heard before but some of it (steroid use?) is new.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/interviews/blackielawless.shtml

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 am

New video for the song "Babylon's Burning"... me likee!

snooloui wrote:

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think all of the studio albums up to and including THE CRIMSON IDOL were included. I only have two from that series (INSIDE THE ELECTRIC CIRCUS and THE HEADLESS CHILDREN) but I'm always on the lookout for more of'em. The bonus tracks are sweet and the liner notes are a great read.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 am

Everything up to and including 'Idol' were Snapper licensed, but it's the original remasters/reissues that I have. Jewel case, no crappy digijunk. Same thing, however. This was around 1999 I believe. They also originally put out the Best of the Best comp..before the 3 reissues or however many there's been of that, which is weird, but whatever. The 'Still Not Black Enough' I have is on Raw/Castle.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think all of the studio albums up to and including THE CRIMSON IDOL were included. I only have two from that series (INSIDE THE ELECTRIC CIRCUS and THE HEADLESS CHILDREN) but I'm always on the lookout for more of'em. The bonus tracks are sweet and the liner notes are a great read.

Well they can be picked up for around £5 each on the web, so I'll probably end up getting the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I got the S/T Snapper digi for ya, Froedrick. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 am

SpectreFate wrote:

I got the S/T Snapper digi for ya, Froedrick. WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_wink

I am slackin' on posting my trade list ain't I? I was going to do it a couple of days ago. Sorry, been a busy week. Hopefully I'll have something that'll tickle your pickle.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hopefully I'll have something that'll tickle your pickle.

WASP - Babylon - Page 4 328982
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 am

I just picked up my copy of BABYLON! WASP - Babylon - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WASP - Babylon
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next