Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New WASP album - Golgotha

Go down 
+37
thejokeriv
deathisgain
kethdredd
Hadley
metalheaded
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
stormspell
Shawn Of Fire
Zdan
the sentinel
JBall_Z
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Gilbert
exact33
nevermore
exanimate
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
manny
mc666
Vexer6
onrypt
tohostudios
Coram Deo
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
glassprison
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New WASP album - Golgotha Empty
PostSubject: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:33 pm

W.A.S.P. will be returning with a new studio album entitled Golgotha next year, one that founder and front man Blackie Lawless says will sound similar to 2009's 'Babylon' and 2007's 'Dominator'.

"We're about three weeks away from finishing the next one, so it will be out next year and it will be called Golgotha," Lawless announced at a Sweden Rock Festival press conference. "Golgotha is Hebrew for place of the skull and it's the hill where Christ was crucified. It's interesting when you see a lot of bands going around using Satanic images, or images of death and things like that, and I'm thinking all they need to do is look at the source cause it's right there. If you want death, there's enough to go around there.

As for what fans can expect musically from 'Golgotha', Lawless says, "It sounds... probably more similar to the last two that we've done. We've been working on this thing for four years now, and I don't know if you guys heard but I had a little hiccup last year, and that delayed recording for about a year. I broke my leg -- that too was an interesting trip (laughs). There's one thing I learned when I was doing The Crimson Idol. If you make a record over too long of periods of time you have to be very, very careful because the record you start out making is not the record you end up finishing because you've changed so much as a person over a three or four year period. You've got to be very careful to hold onto that vision. But from what I'm hearing so far, and it's not completely mixed yet, but it has definite overtones of the last two records."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Too bad. This band was very good once upon a time. Too bad they lost it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Well I liked the last 2 so if it does indeed sound like them then I won't be disappointed. But 2015? That's a long way off.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:57 pm

I liked the last two quite a bit, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Saw this posted on Blabbermouth. Read some of the replies from people there and it reminded me why I don't ever post there anymore.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:09 pm

I've enjoyed the last few albums, so I'd imagine I'll dig this one as well. Although 2015 seems so long away. Rats.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Babylon was awesome and I can't wait for this. Blackie RULES.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Cool. I'm a W.A.S.P. fanboy, so I'm sure I'll dig it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Dominator has become my favorite W.A.S.P. album and I liked Babylon quite a bit as well, so I'm really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Looking forward to it. Babylon was very cool. I still have never listened to Dominator. To my knowledge, it never got a U.S. release and was very expensive for years. Looks like it's finally down to $14.99 (new) through sellers on Amazon though.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm

I am a huge fan of wasp and look forward to this album. I like everything they have ever put out and dominator was fantastically one of their best albums..
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Can't wait, looking forward to this one. 2015 seems so far off though......
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:27 pm

I never was a WASP fan until Babylon came out. Since then I've acquired most of their catalogue so if this one is in the vein of Babylon, I'm all in.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I never was a WASP fan until Babylon came out.  Since then I've acquired most of their catalogue so if this one is in the vein of Babylon, I'm all in.

The Headless Children made me a fan, and then The Crimson Idol, Dying for the World, and Babylon cemented it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Been a fan of their's from the beginning, even got to see them in concert in support of their debut. I'm looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Met WASP at "The Record Bar" sometime back in the 80's…
Had them sign their cassette insert (that's right boys and girls, a cassette)
Kinda weird now, but I'll have to check it out...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I liked the last two quite a bit, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Saw this posted on Blabbermouth. Read some of the replies from people there and it reminded me why I don't ever post there anymore.
Agreed, most of the guys on that site are complete jackasses.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 am

KFD was their last masterpiece imo. I'll always give them a shot though.

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:26 am

mc666 wrote:
For me KFD was kind of a letdown, not much in the way of memorable songs on that one.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:47 am

Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
For me KFD was kind of a letdown, not much in the way of memorable songs on that one.
Different strokes...

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:51 am

I have liked every W.A.S.P. so far, some better then others, so I will make sure to check it out
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 am

Last two albums were really good, I would be looking forwrd for this one too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 am

mc666 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Different strokes...

KFD was different to be sure, almost industrial sounding to me. Still some really good tunes on it: The Horror,Kill Your Pretty Face, & My Tortured Eyes are the standouts.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:48 pm

In 1990 (7th grade) I got beat up on the regular for wearing a Headless Children shirt. I endured pain to support WASP, so I'll always have a place for them.

Looking back, it was kinda dumb.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
In 1990 (7th grade) I got beat up on the regular for wearing a Headless Children shirt. I endured pain to support WASP, so I'll always have a place for them.

Looking back, it was kinda dumb.

No what was dumb, was those douche bags beating someone up for wearing a band t shirt.
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Looking forward to this one. W.A.S.P. was one of my introductions to metal when I was 8. Headless Children is still one of my all time favorite albums.

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New WASP album - Golgotha
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next