Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WASP - Babylon

Go down 
+26
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
krokus
mez
metalheaded
iamrockerfun
kethdredd
nevermore
tohostudios
manny
Troublezone
Cliffy
mc666
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
JBall_Z
Shini
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
Metal Misfit
sam
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:49 am

Anyone heard this album yet? I think it came out OCT 12.

WASP - Babylon - Page 2 6144wt7acxL._SS400_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 am

It's great. Rather, it sounds like most everything he has put out in the last 15 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 pm

W.A.S.P. sounds like W.A.S.P. and there's nothing wrong with that...what I've heard of this good...Blackie does what he does very well...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Speaking of W.A.S.P. here is a very short segement of an interview:

Blackie Lawless has claimed that he will never play Animal (F**k Like A Beast) again.
Talking to Norwegian website www.fvn.no, Blackie said of W.A.S.P.’s most notorious song:
“We haven’t done that song for several years. It’s totally because of my religious faith and it’s something that I don’t want to do anymore. I will never play that song again.”
Blackie also said W.A.S.P.’s blood-splattered stage show is very much a thing of the past.
Moreover, the frontman insisted that his raw meat-chucking antics of the past were misunderstood, calling them “abstract art”.
I did what I thought was abstract art and tried to make social commentary through this – but nobody understood the social message. You probably thought we were a shock-rock band. I have never considered us a shock-rock band. ”
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 pm

WASP's early days remind me of the sleaze of Motley Crue mixed with the theatrics of KISS and Alice Cooper. I always kinda liked Blackie's voice... The new one looks like it's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I've only heard the lead track "Crazy" (which was streaming on the label site a couple of weeks ago before the album release) and it sounded pretty good, although it's pretty much "Wild Child" re-written... then again, Blackie's been cannibalizing his own past goods since the HELLDORADO album anyway, so that shouldn't be a surprise.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:08 pm

I've read that Blackie has been doing a lot of soulsearching since the early 00's and has been writing some religious type lyrics. It's a far cry from his bloody madman character.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:19 pm

manny wrote:
Blackie Lawless has claimed that he will never play Animal (F**k Like A Beast) again.

Boooooooooooo!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone heard this album yet? I think it came out OCT 12.

WASP - Babylon - Page 2 6144wt7acxL._SS400_

Is Oct. 12 the overseas release date? I just saw a little bit of That Metal Show the other night and Blackie was the guest. He talked about the new album and said the US release date was late November, the 24th maybe? I know they tape those shows in advance, so maybe things changed from the time of the taping to the actual air date.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Boooooooooooo!!!

Fear not Freddy. I'm sure Blackie will do a "Classic album" tour that is all the rage right now and they'll play their entire debut from start to finish. Because the fans demanded it. WASP - Babylon - Page 2 778825

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Is Oct. 12 the overseas release date? I just saw a little bit of That Metal Show the other night and Blackie was the guest. He talked about the new album and said the US release date was late November, the 24th maybe? I know they tape those shows in advance, so maybe things changed from the time of the taping to the actual air date.

Yes, the overseas date. I preordered so I got mine on the 13th. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Quote :
It’s totally because of my religious faith and it’s something that I don’t want to do anymore. I will never play that song again.”

That's cool. I wonder if he is going down the same path of Dave Mustaine into Christianity. Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Sounds that way.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129597

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Haven't heard it yet. But I have read some really good reviews of it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Blackie himself says this album has U.S. distribution, but I'll be darned if I can find anything but an import available online.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 am

The US version comes out Nov 9. At least thats what he said on That Metal Show.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Cool... But where? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:04 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Cool... But where? WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Yea where? I'd like to pick this up at the local Best Buy or FYE, but I ain't getting my hopes up for such a wide distribution. I'll probably end up getting on-line like 98% of my purchases these days.

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 am

It's in stock now, ya whiners. Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Babylon-W-S-P/dp/B002LF5M0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257433592&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Saw W.A.S.P. live last Friday. It was a true Best-Of set list, and only 2 new songs were played. Besides them, nothing released after "Stil Not Black Enough" was played. And I even commented on the fact that FLAB was not played to a friend of mine. They sounded fantastic though.

My friend and I also discussed Blackie's apparent walk towards his childhood faith. After 9-11 the man has been more and more aware of his upbringing, and the new album is even parthy a concept album about the end times.

I'd love to meet this man one day!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Babylon-W-S-P/dp/B002LF5M0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257433592&sr=8-1

Says import though. I thought there was an actual U.S. label for this. No matter, that's exactly what I ordered a few hours ago.

And it'll be arriving here... November 24-December 10. WASP - Babylon - Page 2 355277 Why is Amazon soooooooo slow?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:31 pm

really like this album.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:41 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Says import though. I thought there was an actual U.S. label for this. No matter, that's exactly what I ordered a few hours ago.

And it'll be arriving here... November 24-December 10. WASP - Babylon - Page 2 355277 Why is Amazon soooooooo slow?

Amazon slow? I use Amazon for about 90% of my purchases and I usually get everything within a few days.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:00 am

Those are the dates they gave me and the seller is Amazon.com. They haven't even shipped it yet.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 pm

WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Konset11

A picture of Blackie, from the show in Oslo, taken with my cellphone! Laughing Tha man is getting..... fat... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: WASP - Babylon   WASP - Babylon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WASP - Babylon
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next