Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th

Go down 
+13
Lurideath
Ben Grimm
nevermore
powermacho
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ghost
ohwellmonkey
Thrasher73
sam
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 am

the idea can get out of hand, when so many bands start to do the 360 deal, that people will start to not care for many of those bands. and maybe since the albums can be free, that would mean less effort for bands to write better music.

I think this will be in a way helpful for the first bands that will do it, but then It can be the demise for heavy metal once more
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:40 pm

powermacho wrote:
the idea can get out of hand, when so many bands start to do the 360 deal, that people will start to not care for many of those bands. and maybe since the albums can be free, that would mean less effort for bands to write better music.

I think this will be in a way helpful for the first bands that will do it, but then It can be the demise for heavy metal once more

Yea, the 360 idea has it's flaws for sure, but at least the record companies are trying to do something about their crumbling business. They're scrambling for ideas to become profitable again, so I suppose they'll try anything at the moment, not thinking about the effects of it in the long run. I guess we'll see how this all works out.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Man, I listened to this the other night and I just could not get into it...I mean the riffs and music are all there. I just hate the extreme tongue and cheek stupid humor of the album. Not sure if Gama bomb is usually like this because this is first album by them I have listened to all the way thru. I have said it before, yeah we all know thrash was humorous before, but why do the new bands have to be so blatant with it?? Sing about brutally killing people like Exodus or something man...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Checkin out the Gama Bomb right now... me likee... riff wise I hear a lotta Slayer/Exodus going on, vocally I'm reminded of Bobby Blitz (with a hit of Gerre from Tankard)... and judging from the song titles and artwork, they have a thing for horror/sci-fi "B" movies, which is right up my alley... all around, good stuff!!

Bumping this for no good reason other than to mention that in addition to the aforementioned Gerre from Tankard and Blitz from Overkill, I have also begun to notice a passing vocal resemblance to Dave "Oderus Urungus" Brockie of GWAR with repeated listenings to the CD.

...and I'm still diggin' it. Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 am

So hey, I got an e-mail from Earache Records the other day saying that the "freebie" Gama Bomb album will be officially released on CD in February of '10. Depending on where you are in the world, your country's version will either have a bonus DVD or a bonus five-song EP attached to it. (I forget what continent gets which bonus...)

According to GB's Facebook page, the free download offer had over 30,000 takers!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:49 am

When it comes out,whoosh in the vault it goes(in the famous words of Godswizard)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Quote :
According to GB's Facebook page, the free download offer had over 30,000 takers!!!

That's probably 29,000 more than what they would have or will sell in actual cd's. It will be interesting to see how this little experiment of theirs shakes out in the end. Will this move translate to bigger ticket and merch sales if you give out the product for free?

And yes, I will still be on the look-out for a physical copy. I'm old-school. Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 445525

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:57 pm

This one didn't have any sticking power for me.

Anyone here still really enjoying this disc?

I enjoyed "Citizen Brain" quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
This one didn't have any sticking power for me.

Anyone here still really enjoying this disc?

I enjoyed "Citizen Brain" quite a bit.

I haven't listened to it that much because I rarely listen to music through my computer, however, I thought it was on par with Citizen Brain and I enjoy that one. Until I get a "real" copy, I should burn it to a cd for my listening pleasure.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:33 pm

I just gave it another spin today after not listening to it for a while (in fact I kinda forgot that I even had it till I got that e-mail from Earache). It's a goofy little listen but not bad.

Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm actually bummed out by the eventual demise of the CD.I have about 200 CDRs (burns & downloads) with either photocopied artwork or cd covers and inlay cards I made my self. IT"S NOT THE SAME!! I like having the real deal and I'll allways buy the original if I can find it... One thing I've noticed is very few of the burns I have I actually want the original...Why can't the record industry lower the price to about 5 bucks @ pop? BTW, thanks for the link, Gama Bomb isn't something I would probably buy anyways though. Most new school thrash isn't that great IMO except for Toxic Holocaust.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

El Bump-o.

Actual cds are now available...

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Gama_Bomb_-_Tales_From_The_Grave_In_Space/33265

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am

I have the cd on order from The End Records they have been carrying alot of thrash and speed metal bands as of late!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:28 pm

reviving an old thread here...

I am just now hearing these guys for the first time (oddly enough, I found them while reading about the album cover artist, Jeff Jordan, who has done 3 albums for The Mars Volta). I definitely like what I'm hearing.

Also, with respect to early pondering on this thread about the effectiveness of the tactic, this interview states that the album has sold more copies of their prior album, despite being available as a free download. http://squatneysteel.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/interview-gama-bomb-part-1/

Regarding Gama Bomb's vocals, am I the only one hearing a similarity to Agent Steel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2