Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December

Go down 
+14
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
ghost
Metal Misfit
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
exact33
DallasBlack
kmorg
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DR. STEIN video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVY4CK8ciJw

What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes. "God-awful."

"Dr Stein" was never high on my list of Helloween favorites, but I never dreamed they'd figure out a way to make that song even MORE annoying!!

This lends further proof to my theory that saxophones have no place in metal, by the way. Laughing

Seriously, wow...that was bad. Didn't SPV (Helloween's label) just come back from the brink of bankruptcy? If the rest of this album sounds like that, its release is going to put'em right back there again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:10 pm

suck
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:50 pm

lol you guys are brutal. The album isn't something that everyones going to like. It was done just for fun and nothing else. Yea the should have probably just put a whole new album out or even just redid the songs in the traditional way, but I think this album will be ok. They made it through Chameleon and they'll make it through this. Its better than having another plain old best of, although I wouldn't have objected another live album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:27 am

I'm actually getting a kick out of this. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:36 am

That video was good fun, I didn't think the new version of the song would work from the samples but I actually quite liked it. Clearly they're just having a laugh and it's better than just a straight re-recording.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:13 am

The dark ride is in my opinion the catchiest of them all HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:06 pm

The Keepers Trilogy Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEmdofcr4I

The Keepers Trilogy Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmny53sEKnE

I'm listening to this now so I can't really comment but its pretty cool so far.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:16 pm

The Keepers Trilogy Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEmdofcr4I

The Keepers Trilogy Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmny53sEKnE

I'm listening to this now so I can't really comment but its pretty cool so far.

Those are actually pretty cool.

Also - to those who are slamming this album, remember - Helloween has always had a sense of humor. I think this album is just a strange way of them communicating their humor. It's a joke album I think. I'll buy it for the kicks and wiggles if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Dr. Stein was funny. The rest was just meh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Also - to those who are slamming this album, remember - Helloween has always had a sense of humor. I think this album is just a strange way of them communicating their humor. It's a joke album I think.

Which is all well and good but (to me at least) Helloween's weird sense of humor has never translated into decent music. I'm sure they're funny guys and all but when they do stuff like this it's like listening to an elaborate, private joke amongst the band members that nobody else is supposed to "get."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:23 pm

I can understand what you are saying Freddy. I guess I'm a bit of a Helloween fanboy though.

So forgive my zeal.

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I can understand what you are saying Freddy. I guess I'm a bit of a Helloween fanboy though.

So forgive my zeal.

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_smile

Forgiven. I'm usually a Helloween fanboy too. When I said "their weird sense of humor has never translated into decent music," I wasn't slamming their entire catalog, what I meant was that I've never found their so-called "funny" songs terribly funny. I do love the band otherwise, but the limits of that fanboy-ness are being severely tested by what I've heard of this album thus far. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:28 pm

I admit that parts of this album suck. But at least some of the songs are pretty cool (for me).
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:20 am

Think of it like this. If you don't like the album, what's the big deal? It's not like it's the next chapter of original material and it's not like it over-writes the original versions of the sons either. It's certainly better than a standard compilation, at least.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Smindas wrote:
Think of it like this. If you don't like the album, what's the big deal? It's not like it's the next chapter of original material and it's not like it over-writes the original versions of the sons either. It's certainly better than a standard compilation, at least.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Listening to the album now..... Its pretty cool so far. I didn't really know what I was going to expect from this from the stuff I had heard so far, even though I liked it. Ive been happy with it so far.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Blabbermouth sez today that the UNARMED disc will get a U.S. release in March.

...why such a gap in release dates? By March, everybody in the U.S. who wants to hear it will have either already bought an import copy (paging Phoenix Reign Drummer!) or will have downloaded it, and therefore its U.S. release will be ignored entirely.

The music business really is a strange place.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...why such a gap in release dates? By March, everybody in the U.S. who wants to hear it will have either already bought an import copy (paging Phoenix Reign Drummer!) or will have downloaded it, and therefore its U.S. release will be ignored entirely.

There is probably some legal red-tape that has to be sorted out for the US release date, therefore holding up the release date. But you make a perfectly good point. You'd think the music industry would have started to catch on by now. Stupid.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:08 pm

I wasn't planning on buying it anyway after listening to the samples and watching that wretched "Dr. Stein" remake video HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 78889 ... but these are the kinds of things that I think about late at night when the power's off.

Maybe The End Records (who are releasing the Helloween disc in the U.S.) needed a tax write-off really bad. "I got it, let's belatedly release an album that absolutely NO ONE will want!"

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DR. STEIN video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVY4CK8ciJw

What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes. "God-awful."

"Dr Stein" was never high on my list of Helloween favorites, but I never dreamed they'd figure out a way to make that song even MORE annoying!!

This lends further proof to my theory that saxophones have no place in metal, by the way. Laughing

Seriously, wow...that was bad. Didn't SPV (Helloween's label) just come back from the brink of bankruptcy? If the rest of this album sounds like that, its release is going to put'em right back there again.

The video was fun enough, but the remake of the song? affraid sick

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:43 pm

I'll buy it. Looking forward to it, actually. Not sure I'll like it, but I dig that they tried to do things different. Unfortunately, I know have to read all the whiny fans complain about them selling out. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Can this guy sing Kiske's songs properly? Not from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Hahaha yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaas? Got mine yesturday. I'm a little mad though because theres a version with a dvd and I didnt get that one in the mail! Stupid amazon! I wonder if the US release will have that dvd.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'll buy it. Looking forward to it, actually. Not sure I'll like it, but I dig that they tried to do things different. Unfortunately, I know have to read all the whiny fans complain about them selling out. Haha.

Thats the thing, in interviews with Helloween they say specifially this was just something special to do and not everyone is going to like it. I don't think the whole band was really into the idea at first but they just went for it to do it for fun and not to really be taken so seriously as everyone seems to be. Their next album will be back to normal. For now enjoy the sillyness!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Thats the thing, in interviews with Helloween they say specifially this was just something special to do and not everyone is going to like it. I don't think the whole band was really into the idea at first but they just went for it to do it for fun and not to really be taken so seriously as everyone seems to be. Their next album will be back to normal. For now enjoy the sillyness!

That's what I am thinking too. Sure, it'll probably be my least favorite Helloween album. But I still want it. Heck, I need it - for the collection's sake alone. Even if I don't listen to it all that often.

I also like it when bands do something different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next