Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
TheGooch
kmorg
rattpoison
Smindas
mc666
fingers
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:36 am

I have to agree with Eyesore here, to an extent. Cliff was responsible for the changes from Kil 'em All to Ride and Master. He brought so much more into the band than just playing fast. But, as also Eyesore is saying, he would probably be the first one to venture into non-metal activities, and he would def. be up for experimenting with 'tallica's sound. He was not the huge METAL guy in the band. That was Lars! His love for NWOBHM and Lars love for punk was what made their sound. And as they becaem more popular, their love for other metal acts was diminished, and the band changed. Simple as that.

PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Someone please tell me how many damn songs Cliff wrote! Haha. This whole notion of Cliff being the metal behind Metallica is absolutely retarded. You ever hear what kind of music Cliff listened to? Yeah, totally metal! Pffft.

Cliff is in heaven playing in a country rapcore gangsta fun band, laughing at you all.

Cliff listened to, Classical Music, Southern Rock, Jazz and Heavy Metal bands such as Rush, Sabbath, Motorhead etc so I'm sorry but the specific reason for which he would play in a "country rapcore gangsta fun band" Doesn't come to me.
There's no doubt whatsoever that Cliff was not the "metal" behind Metallica. They all equally contributed back in the day. There is also no doubt however that Metallica without Cliff would have meant no Ride, no Master and no Justice and tallica would certainly not be anywhere near as big as they are today. Doesn't really matter how many songs one writes, its about one's influence on others.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:56 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Old Metallica had a lot less filler than old Savatage did.

I think "Gutter Ballet" is really where they started losing it. I don't like any songs on that album except for the title track.
I'm suprised you don't like the songs Hounds and The Unholy as well as the title track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Dimedude23 wrote:
There is also no doubt however that Metallica without Cliff would have meant no Ride, no Master and no Justice and tallica would certainly not be anywhere near as big as they are today.
How do you figure this? I mean, considering he was long dead when the black album came out (and when you were born). If what you're saying is true, then logic would say Metallica would have sold out long before the black album had he not been a part of the band. And who's to say that Cliff isn't the one that got Metallica incorporating all these new sounds into their music?

The point I'm trying to make here is that NO ONE KNOWS! There is no right answer here. People can say what they want, but it just sounds silly acting like you know what a dead would have done. It's just nonsensical.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:40 pm

There's no doubt Burton had a big influence on the other guys especially Hetfield. He has said many times in interviews how much he missed Cliff and even Dave Mustaine said he was inspired to write In My Darkest Hour because of Cliff.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:09 pm

Dave was inspired because Cliff died. If Cliff was alive, we wouldn't have In My Darkest Hour.

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think "Gutter Ballet" is really where they started losing it. I don't like any songs on that album except for the title track.
...losing it? Wow. Gutter Ballet and Streets are my favourite Savatage albums. Each to their own, I guess.

PostSubject: Re: Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA   Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savatage vs Cliff Burton era MetallicA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2