Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?

Go down 
+13
exact33
manny
James B.
brokentulsa
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
Glower
mc666
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
Lari
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Empty
PostSubject: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 am

It's Tokyo Blade for me. I just discovered them in 2020, got the first two albums on CD, with the Madam Guillotine and Midnight Rendezvous EPs as a bonus, and they just happened to release a new CD in 2020 as well.

Also, non-metal, but ASIA. Though I haven't yet heard all their albums. I got their debut on vinyl, it's awesome. Another one of their albums, Aria, has Al Pitrelli, which is cool. And they have damn catchy songs.

Last edited by Lari on Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 10:18 am

Rush.

I always found Geddy's vocals to be annoying, and I still tend to feel that they are the weakest part of the band. But I a few years ago I checked out Vapor Trails and found his more modern tone far less annoying, which allowed me to get into the music, and I found myself really digging them. And then his younger voice on those older albums didn't annoy me quite as much.

Since then I've come to enjoy it all quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 11:06 am

Over the past couple of years I've "re-discovered" a lot of older bands that I never paid much attention to back in the day.

I was aware that these bands existed, of course, but I didn't own any of their material until fairly recently.

Just off the top of my head:

Forbidden
Junkyard
JetBoy
Riot
Tankard
Angel Witch
Black Flag
Boston
Flotsam & Jetsam
Bad Religion

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 11:21 am

It's got to be Blue Oyster Cult, for me. Not that i consider myself as a real fan yet, but their latest release was awesome and i found it to be my favorite 2020 album.

That said, i need to check their older catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 am

Lari wrote:
It's Tokyo Blade for me. I just discovered them in 2020, got the first two albums on CD, with the Madam Guillotine and Midnight Rendezvous EPs as a bonus, and they just happened to release a new CD in 2020 as well.

Also, non-metal, but ASIA. Though I haven't yet heard all their albums. I got their debut on vinyl, it's awesome. Aria has Al Pitrelli, which is cool. And damn catchy songs.

Tokyo Blade are amazing. I own all of their albums. A must in every collection.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 11:49 am

Raven. I've been rediscovering NWOBHM recently. I never gave these guys a fair shot back in the day. They've got a couple of stinkers, but most of their catalog is quite good.

Fat Freddy and metalinmyveins like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 12:39 pm

I bought my first Iron Maiden release....” 7th Son “...recently.
Will definitely be buying another of their CDs soon.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Glower wrote:
I bought my first Iron Maiden release....” 7th Son “...recently.
Will definitely be buying another of their CDs soon.

You're just discovering Iron Maiden? angry

Just kidding. Never too late headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 1:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
Raven. I've been rediscovering NWOBHM recently. I never gave these guys a fair shot back in the day. They've got a couple of stinkers, but most of their catalog is quite good.

Here's my favourite Raven album/song. You need this one in your collection:

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Raven
Forbidden
Sodom
Candlemass
Lizzy Borden
Omen
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 pm

I would add Lizzy Borden. Only started adding their albums to my collection less than 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 3:36 pm

[/quote]

You're just discovering Iron Maiden? angry

Just kidding. Never too late headbanger. [/quote]

I’m way more King Diamond and Mercyful Fate type guy. What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? 438278
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 11:07 pm

Gilbert wrote:
mc666 wrote:

That's not bad. I look forward to the rest of that album. I'm up to Life's a Bitch, which is leaps and bounds better than the one before it.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 12:12 am

Diamond Head

Of coarse I’ve heard the songs and owned a couple albums in the past, but I’m trying to give the new stuff a shot.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 1:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
Diamond Head

Of coarse I’ve heard the songs and owned a couple albums in the past, but I’m trying to give the new stuff a shot.

New album is awesome. A must have:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 1:16 am

mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
mc666 wrote:

That's not bad. I look forward to the rest of that album. I'm up to Life's a Bitch, which is leaps and bounds better than the one before it.

I have never been a big Raven fan. Despite owning 7 or 8 of their albums in my collection, I rarely buy their music on release date.

That said, i am still planning on getting their latest one. But it's not a top priority and I will probably end up ordering it when i cannot find more interesting stuff while shopping on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 2:04 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Diamond Head

New album is awesome. A must have:

Nice!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 2:45 am

Queensryche...  always loved operation mindcrime and the first EP but that’s pretty much where it stopped ...  most of their albums I hadn’t even given a chance ..  after going back and listening to their entire catalog I found that they were a really fantastic band and everything they’ve ever put out is pretty awesome ....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 5:11 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Queensryche...  always loved operation mindcrime and the first EP but that’s pretty much where it stopped ...  most of their albums I hadn’t even given a chance ..  after going back and listening to their entire catalog I found that they were a really fantastic band and everything they’ve ever put out is pretty awesome ....

I gave up on album #3, peeked back in with EMPIRE and never really got into OPERATION MINDCRIME. Which post EMPIRE albums are the most interesting?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 5:16 am

Nice Topic Lari!

Been checking out recent Uriah Heep and Purple

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 6:06 am

James B. wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

I gave up on album #3, peeked back in with EMPIRE and never really got into OPERATION MINDCRIME. Which post EMPIRE albums are the most interesting?

Their last 2 albums, with Todd La Torre, are excellent.

Straight forward metal headbanger.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 8:04 am

For me its two non-metal artist: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Eagles, probably because growing up here in Florida, the radio stations would play them almost non stop, I cannot say I am a major fanboy of both artists but I have learned to appreciate their music and I have become a fan
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 8:37 am

Gilbert wrote:

Their last 2 albums, with Todd La Torre, are excellent.

Straight forward metal headbanger.

I own the first one with him on vocals

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 10:49 am

For me it's Saxon. I knew a few songs here and there but about 5 years ago I found Metalhead in the used shop I frequent, picked it up and have been slowly collecting their discography since. I still need about 5 more from them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 11:30 am

I have never really like Led Zeppelin until recently. They have grown on me a lot (mostly since I dont hear the same song over and over and over)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?   What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What long-running bands did you just become a fan of recently?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next