Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shok Paris appreciation thread

Go down 
+7
nevermore
manny
kmorg
Conservationist
DeathCult
Required Fields
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

Shok Paris appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 pm

I never seem to see this band talked about around here. It's quite a shame, as they are quite good.

Anyone like them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:33 am

I love them.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:30 am

I liked Go For Throat pretty well, but Ive never looked into anything else theyve done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Remarkably creative 80s band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:24 pm

I have Steel & Starlight and think it's a phenomenal album. I'd like to see all their albums properly re-released on cd.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Haven't heard this band since the 80's. I just remember them from the cutout bins here in Norway.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

I have never heard of them til I saw a magazine article on Metal Edge right before the mag went belly up, listing one of their albums as one of the lost metal albums of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Go For The Throat and Steel & Starlight are great albums!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:19 pm

I have Steel & Starlight.

I wish somebody would remix/remaster that one.

I got into the band from the movie "The Hidden" and a scene where the alien is driving a fancy sports car with the song "On Your Feet" blaring while he runs from police.

Metal student
Metal student
Navouhodonosor

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:23 pm

One of the best metal bands ever, I like all their 3 albums. RECOMMENDED!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have Steel & Starlight.

I got into the band from the movie "The Hidden" and a scene where the alien is driving a fancy sports car with the song "On Your Feet" blaring while he runs from police.

I forgot about that. Pretty cool !
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:29 pm

If you like SHOK PARIS you like AFTERSHOK too. Its with the singer of SHOK PARIS. Specialy the first AFTERSHOK album is great.
I like all the 3 albums by SHOK PARIS. Great US METAL for fans of OBSESSION, SAVAGE GRACE or WILD DOGS.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 pm

I still kick myself for the time late one night when Steel & Starlight was on ebay and went for under twenty. Fortunately I didn't make the same mistake when I found Concrete Killers in a LA record shop. The clerk was even ticked he hadn't found it first. Great album.

I'm going to have to track down those Aftershok albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shok Paris appreciation thread   Shok Paris appreciation thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shok Paris appreciation thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: