Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
325ad
nevermore
Wargod
Dave the Boss
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Empty
PostSubject: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am

FINALLY! This legendary American progressive epic doom metal band will, after being five years in the making, release their new opus, titled "Vast Oceans Lachrymose", on Italian heavy metal label Cruz Del Sur (famous for Crescent Shield and Slough Feg, amongst others).

I've already heard two songs on their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/whileheavenwept), and this has completely blown me away. This is by far one of the most amazing progressive metal I have heard since I first heard Arch-era Fates Warning. These guys combine the best of early Candlemass, old Fates Warning, Trouble, and there's even a snippet of Journey here and there. Their first two albums were already pretty damn good, but this sounds mindblowing. To me this sounds like Veni Domine always wanted to be (and I like Veni Domine a lot).

If the entire album sounds like this, "vast Oceans Lachrymose" might just be my record of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:46 am

Jim Hunter (bass) is a way cool dude...I played w/ him in OCTOBER 31 years ago. Their new singer used to sing for Magna Carta Prog Metal band ALTURA...
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:29 pm

I've heard good things about this!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm looking forward to this album!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:36 am

nevermore wrote:
I'm looking forward to this album!!!

Yeah, me too. I always thought their last album, "Of Empires Forlorn", was a little boring in some places. These samples just sound overwhelming!

There's also another new song on the myspace btw, "To Wander The Void". Sounds a lot like Awaken The Guardian if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:11 pm

I really liked Of Empires Forlorn a lot.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Yeah, good band well worth checking out!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:10 pm

So I've had this for a week now, and holy crap this is the best album
I've heard since Pagan Altar released their last album in '06, and one
of the best doom metal discs of the decade. It's not uncommon for me to
listen to this ten times a day. While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose 11840 While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose 11840
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm waiting on my copy to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Come on, no love for this great band? headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Yes!!! I love the new album!!! Vessel is such an amazing song!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:54 pm

BUMP! Come on, show these guys some love!

Vast Oceans Lachrymose is by far the best CD I've heard this year. This is how metal should be played: heavy, but with enough emotion to make a wimpy emo kid cry.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Still looking for this one.

Any word on when the next will be released? They had two ready to go before their previous label—Locomotive?—folded.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:00 pm

No clue, but I do know that it's already been written, so now it's the question when they're gonna record it. Tom's been saying that it'll be better than Vast Oceans Lachrymose, but if you ask me that's nigh on impossible.

Thankfully Cruz del Sur are a relatively stable label, so maybe we'll get the hear the album in four years instead of six...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Is it only written? I thought both were already recorded when the last label shut down.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:00 am

Nope, they actually only finished recording VOL this year, so it took four to five years to get this mother recorded.
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 am

While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose While-heaven-wept-fear-of-infinity

I've heard the album 2 times and is not a big change. However the lyrics are verry "I love you and I miss you". That's to bad.

Nevertheless.... headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Doomdance wrote:
While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose While-heaven-wept-fear-of-infinity

I've heard the album 2 times and is not a big change. However the lyrics are verry "I love you and I miss you". That's to bad.

Nevertheless.... While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose 11840

I pre-ordered this. I'm looking forward to hearing it. The "I love you and miss you" lyrics all deal with love and loss. Whether it's from relationships to a loved one's passing. From what I've read this is the theme of the entire album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Where's a good place to start with these guys if one were so inclined?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Where's a good place to start with these guys if one were so inclined?

Really anywhere. I suppose the best answer is to see what releases you can find. I had a hard time finding them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Amazon has a few that won't break the bank. The clips for their last album, Fear of Infinity, didn't sound as "doomy" as I expected. :30 second clips probably don't do them justice, but it sounded more power metal to me than the doom tag they've been labeled with.

I was investigating some other doom bands and got re-directed to their site on BNR Metal. Just thought I'd give 'em a look-see out of curiosity.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Amazon has a few that won't break the bank. The clips for their last album, Fear of Infinity, didn't sound as "doomy" as I expected. :30 second clips probably don't do them justice, but it sounded more power metal to me than the doom tag they've been labeled with.

I was investigating some other doom bands and got re-directed to their site on BNR Metal. Just thought I'd give 'em a look-see out of curiosity.

I consider them a mix of doom and early Fates Warning.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:22 pm

I'd start w/ Fear Of Infinity.

If you're expecting heavy Doom like Candlemass or Solitude Aeturnus...they're not that. They are VERY melodic, almost operatic (without "opera" vocals), very epic and dramatic.

PostSubject: Re: While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose   While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose
Page 1 of 1