Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

German translation?

Go down 
+4
Stender
Fat Freddy
jerseyultifan+
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

German translation? Empty
PostSubject: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:46 am

Can someone translate this to English, even if it's just rough? Those free translation sites hack it up so bad I can't tell what they are saying.

Quote :
LTIMATUM covern sich durch die Metalgeschichte, ob MAIDEN, TWISTED SISTER oder METALLICA, Hauptsache Thrash.

Auch wenn ULTIMATUM, die 1992 aus HOLY SACRIFICE hervorgingen, nun schon auf eine lange Geschichte zurückblicken, haben sie mit den bisher veröffentlichten Alben "Symphonic Extremities", "Puppet Of Destruction", "The Mechanics of Perilous Times" und "Into The Pit" sowie der EP "...Til The End!" ein bisher überschaubares Repertoire auf die Welt gebracht. Mit ihrem neuesten Streich "Lex Metalis" zollen ULTIMATUM nun einigen der Bands die sie beeinflusst haben Tribut. In der Einleitung des beigefügten Booklets schreibt Sänger Scott Waters, dass es ihm schon immer eine Freude war Cover-Songs zu hören, so hätten METALLICA ihn mit ihrem Cover 'Am I Evil' auf DIAMOND HEAD aufmerksam gemacht. Aus einer Liste von über 50 Liedern wurden letztendlich 13 ausgewählt, wobei ULTIMATUM gerne noch die ein oder andere Band gecovert hätten, die Erlaubnis zur Veröffentlichung aber nicht erhielten.

Letztendlich hatte ich mich erst einmal ziemlich gefreut etwas Neues von ULTIMATUM in Händen zu halten, ist es doch, wie oben ausgeführt, nicht gerade oft der Fall, dass die Band etwas veröffentlicht. Aber da ich in der Regel doch das bereits bekannte Original eines Liedes bevorzuge, sofern nicht gerade ein komplett genrefremdes Lied gecovert wurde, legte ich dieses Album mit gewissen Zweifeln in den Player. Noch dazu erscheint mir die Sinnhaftigkeit dessen zweifelhaft, dass eine Thrash-Band eine Thrash-Band nachspielt. Andererseits haben sich ULTIMATUM im Wesentlichen auf Bands gestürzt die wie SAXON, IRON MAIDEN oder TWISTED SISTER bekanntermaßen etwas andere Musik spielen als sie selbst, so dass das ein oder andere Cover die Sache wiederum interessanter macht. Und auch Thrashtracks wie 'Creeping Death' von METALLICA vor allem durch den komplett anderen Gesangsstil eine neue Dimension eröffnet.

Dass die Band ihre Instrumente beherrscht steht außer Zweifel und die musikalischen Vorlagen der Lieder sicherlich ebenso außer Frage, so dass die Hauptfrage ist ob man sich nun wie ULTIMATUM-Sänger Scott Waters über Coverversionen seiner Lieblinge freut oder wie manch einem anderen eher reut.

Was das Album auf alle Fälle interessant macht, ist die Vielschichtigkeit des Gesangs und Geschreis welches Scott Waters anstimmt. Hier hat er mit seiner Variationsbreite zwischen ACCEPT und DEATH doch einiges zu bieten. Hinzu kommt eine traditionell klingende Produktion die zwar einerseits wohl eher als nicht zeitgemäß angesehen werden kann, aber Traditionalisten doch sehr erfreuen dürfte.

Fazit: Freunde von Coverversionen sollten sich "Lex Metalis" nicht entgehen lassen, der Rest greift lieber erst einmal zum Vorgänger "Into The Pit".

Anspieltips: Denim & Leather, Sin After Sin

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:57 am

Free Translation:
ULTIMATUM covers itself through the Metalgeschichte whether MAIDEN, TWISTED SISTER or METALLICA, essential matter Thrash.

Also if ULTIMATUMS that followed 1992 out of HOLY SACRIFICE look back, now already on a long story, they have with the previously published albums "Symphonic Extremities", "Puppet of Destruction", "The Mechanics of Perilous Times" and "Into The Pit" as well as the EP „...Til The End"! a previously manageable repertoire brought onto the world. With its newest stroke "Lex Metalis", ULTIMATUM’S accord have now some the volume that it influenced tribute. In the introduction of the enclosed Booklets, singer Scott Waters writes was to be heard, that it is always a joy to cover songs, would have made METALLICA it with its cover 'Am I Evil' aware of of DIAMOND HEAD. Out of a list of more than 50 songs, in the end 13 were selected whereby ULTIMATUMS still would have gladly that on or other volumes gecovert, that however did not receive permission to the publication.

In the end I had been happy first once rather to hold something new of ULTIMATUM in hands, am it yet how above carried out, not just often the case that the volumes publishes something. But there I as a rule yet the already well known original of a song would prefer as far as straight a complete genre strange song gecovert became not, put I this album with conscience doubt in the Players. Yet in addition appears the Sinnhaftigkeit its doubtfully to me that a Thrash volume plays after a Thrash volume. On the other hand ULTIMATUMS fell play itself essentially on volume that like SAXON, IRON MAIDEN or TWISTED SISTER of course something other music as it even, so that that makes on or other covers the thing again more interesting. And also Thrash tracks such as 'Creeping Death' of METALLICA above all through the completely other song style a new dimension opens.

That the volumes except question stands its instruments controlled except doubt and the musical models of the songs certainly just as, so that the head question is whether one is happy now like ULTIMATUM singer Scott Waters about cover versions of its favorites or regrets like many one of other sooner.

What makes the album on all cases interesting, is tunes the multiple layers of the song and shouting of which Scott Waters. Here it has a few things with its variation width between ACCEPT and DEATH yet to offer. Thereto a traditionally sounding production comes that to be sure on the one hand probably sooner than not timely looked at will can, but delight might traditionalists yet very.

Result: People who enjoy cover versions should be sure and pick up a copy of "Lex Metalis", the remainder might rather want to grab the predecessor "Into The Pit".

Favorite songs: Denim & Leather, Sin After Sin

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 pm

great review!!! nothing but,great stuff about this cd!!!! all the best,guys!! German translation? 572798 German translation? Yahoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ULTIMATUM covers itself through the Metalgeschichte whether MAIDEN, TWISTED SISTER or METALLICA, essential matter Thrash.

Ummmm... yeah, okay, that sums it right up. German translation? Icon_eek

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

What is gecovert?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Stender wrote:
What is gecovert?

Lex Metalis is a covers album, so take a wild guess!! Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 pm

ENGRISH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 pm

kmorg wrote:
Stender wrote:
What is gecovert?

Lex Metalis is a covers album, so take a wild guess!! German translation? Icon_lol

haha...I'm an idiot.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Man, that translation is WACK!

Hilarious! German translation? Icon_lol

I've had the same trouble with translating Norwegian stuff into English...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:37 am

metalheaded wrote:
Man, that translation is WACK!

Hilarious! German translation? Icon_lol

I've had the same trouble with translating Norwegian stuff into English...

Too bad you don't know any Norwegians! German translation? Lol

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am

The English isn't any worse than some of the emails on ult's hall of shame!!!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Quote :
Too bad you don't know any Norwegians! German translation? Lol

Ha! Well, I used to...I used to keep in touch with Ole Borud, Svein Sanders (old Antestor drummer), and Peter Espevoll. But alas, I've lost contact with all those guys.

I wouldn't ask them to go to the trouble of correctly translating all the stuff I want translated, though. Isn't that a lot of hassle, to do it right and not just translate word for word, like those free translation sites?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German translation?   German translation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German translation?
Page 1 of 1