Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)

Go down 
+3
mc666
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Empty
PostSubject: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Although they don't be spoken about much these days Gringer were a fine Speed / Thrash act in the late 80's, who in a 4 year period released 3 Albums and an EP, I was going through the collection box a couple of days ago and dug out their albums and gave them a spin for the first time in 7 or 8 years, and boy does listen to them after years make you appreciate what was released back then.

Anyone else enjoy this band ? my favourite album I guess would be "Dead End" but honestly for me there is very little between the 3 albums.

Dawn of the Living 1988
Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Grinde10

Dead End 1989
Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Grnder10

Nothing is Sacred 1991
Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Grinde12

of course you may also know that this band turned into the band Capricorn after the release of the "Nothing is Sacred" album and as Capricorn they released 2 more albums :

Capricorn 1993
Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Capric11

Inferno 1995
Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Capric10

and then once Carpricorn folded two of the members along with to guys from Tankard formed the Thrash Act Nemesis and released one album under that moniker :

Nemesis 1997
Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Nemesi10
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:22 pm

I have two of their CDs, an EP and Nothing is Sacred. They aren't easy to get hold of.

Have to check out Capricorn. Thanks.

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have two of their CDs, an EP and Nothing is Sacred. They aren't easy to get hold of.

They sure tough to get a hold of and the first two are bootlegged also so that doen't help, even the two you have a re worth a few $$$$. Capricorn are class also but what else would you expect with the same line up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I got Nothing Is Sacred as a blind purchase some years ago in a used shop based on the cover. Been on the lookout for anything else ever since. Hard to find at a reasonable price though. Good stuff nonetheless. Just spun that one not long ago too.

Never heard of the other bands they've been associated with. I'll have to check them out.

EDIT: That Capricorn sounds promising too.

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:37 pm

The Grinder stuff is classic, but I love both Capricorn albums. Some of the best thrash of the mid-90s, without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:25 pm

i have Grinders Dead End & Capricorns self titled. both are decent, but i haven't checked around for anything else. haven't heard Nemesis.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Quote :

I got Nothing Is Sacred as a blind purchase some years ago in a used shop based on the cover.

Same here.

Back in high school when i first got into thrash, I would buy cassette tapes based on the cover art because there were no listening stations to hear the music beforehand. "Nothing is Sacred" was one of those blind purchases... I thought is was pretty good back then but now days i might consider them a bit generic (as were most 3rd wave thrash bands). But i still love the cover art... It has a Texas Chainsaw Massacre feel to it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:23 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I got Nothing Is Sacred as a blind purchase some years ago in a used shop based on the cover.

Same here.

Me too. Still haven't listened all that much to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm always on the look-out for some Grinder. Problem is those albums are bootlegged so much it is hard to pull the trigger getting them online. I'm hoping someday I'll find them in an actual store. I wouldn't think Nothing Is Sacred is that hard to find but I've yet to come across one.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:18 am

I've never heard Grinder, but those Capricorn discs are some of my faves- especially the s/t. Maybe it's because I'm not really a Thrash guy, and Capricorn is sort of a Thrash/ R & R hybrid. Good stuff anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)   Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grinder (80's/90's German Thrash)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: