Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?

Go down 
+8
nevermore
Troublezone
MetalFRO
FlyingV
black halo
A Handful of Wayne
Metallic Blaze
mc666
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:15 pm

I'll be at the atlanta and jacksonville shows. anybody else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Last night in Detroit (well, actually, Mount Clemens...close enough!), Stryper was absolutely AMAZING!

The band rocked...the new costumes were awesome, and it was cool seeing them in a smaller venue, where the band is right up in your grill!

The set list is pretty much what everyone's been reporting. It was cool to see stuff like "All For One" included, and they also busted out Judas Priest's "Breaking The Law," after which Michael good naturedly apologized to anyone who might have been offended Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_smile

The new material came off great! "Four Leaf Clover" and "Murder By Pride" were incredible live, as was "Peace of Mind."

Nothing from IGWT... and they didn't play either "Loving You" or "You Know What To Do," which are my favorites from TYABA.

Still, a VERY strong setlist!

It was cool that "Machines of Grace" (with ex-Savatage vocalist Zak Stevens and drummer Jeff Plate) opened -- they put on a great show! Not really my thing musically, but they were good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:25 pm

i thought michael's sons band was opening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Yeah, there were 3 opening bands (it was a LONG wait for Stryper!): some alt band called like 3 inch overbite (or something), Michael's son's band, Flight Patterns, then Machines of Grace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Static Fuse wrote:
and they also busted out Judas Priest's "Breaking The Law," after which Michael good naturedly apologized to anyone who might have been offended Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_smile
offended by what? them liking Judas Priest?

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Yeah I know. Apparently he thought some of Stryper's fans might be offended by the Priest tune. From the crowd's reaction, it didn't seem like many of them knew who Judas Priest is.

I've been a Priest fan way longer than a Stryper fan, so it was fine with me!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:51 pm

That's cool they did a JP cover.

I saw them live in 2003, and it was a fantastic show!

I'd like to catch them live again, but I'll be seeing Samael and Moonspell right around that time. I opted for that show instead this time.

Maybe I'll catch them next round when they come here.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:42 pm

A friend of mine saw a post on a Machines Of Grace facebook page that Machines Of Grace won over the audience while doing the shows with Stryper. Is it true? Or is it possibly just someone trying to hype up the band? I saw them a few weeks ago when I did a show with them. They are a decent band but they aren't really anything special or out of the ordinary where I could see them winning over a crowd especially if Stryper is the headlining act.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:21 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
A friend of mine saw a post on a Machines Of Grace facebook page that Machines Of Grace won over the audience while doing the shows with Stryper. Is it true? Or is it possibly just someone trying to hype up the band? I saw them a few weeks ago when I did a show with them. They are a decent band but they aren't really anything special or out of the ordinary where I could see them winning over a crowd especially if Stryper is the headlining act.

Yeah, but they have Zakk Stevens dude.
Back to top Go down
black halo
Metal novice
Metal novice
black halo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:46 am

I was at the Mt. Clemons show and Sryper was freakin amazing...I was also stoked seeing "Machines Of Grace" it was a total surprise. I saw Circle II Circle last fall and Zakk Stevens is one of the best.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Hey Black Halo! Good to see you here! I didn't know you posted here!

Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? 877540
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:11 pm

I'll be at the Houston show. Saw them a few years ago on the Reborn tour in Houston as well. Flawless show with a lot of funny comments and stories by Michael as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 pm

I'd like to go to the KC show, but not sure I'll either have the fundage or be able to get away w/ foster kids in the home. My wife has sort of given me her "blessing", but I'm still not sure it's a great idea for me to be gone for a day & a half like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Static Fuse wrote:
Yeah I know. Apparently he thought some of Stryper's fans might be offended by the Priest tune. From the crowd's reaction, it didn't seem like many of them knew who Judas Priest is.

Plenty of Stryer fans love Priest. Stryper was obviously influenced by Priest as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:24 am

Quote :
From the crowd's reaction, it didn't seem like many of them knew who Judas Priest is.

They listen to (hard rock/metal) and they don't know who Judas Priest is?? I wonder if they even heard of Def Leppard? Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Yeah, but they have Zakk Stevens dude.

haha whats that suppose to mean? You dont like Zak?

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:54 pm

No, I do like Zak.

I was saying that in response to what you said. Here:

Quote :
They are a decent band but they aren't really anything special or out of the ordinary where I could see them winning over a crowd especially if Stryper is the headlining act.

You were saying they weren't anything 'special'. I was saying ... basically, how could they not be special? ... they got Zak!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:13 pm

It will depend if I have the extra cash. I saw them on their last tour and they were so good.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
No, I do like Zak.

I was saying that in response to what you said. Here:

Quote :
They are a decent band but they aren't really anything special or out of the ordinary where I could see them winning over a crowd especially if Stryper is the headlining act.

You were saying they weren't anything 'special'. I was saying ... basically, how could they not be special? ... they got Zak!

oh haha I read that the wrong way then. Zak is Awesome!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Headbang
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:14 am

10/21 ATL BE THERE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 am

7thSaviour wrote:
10/21 ATL BE THERE!

Great show, wish I could've met you. The crowd was great, but the venue was a craphole. The band was awesome of course.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:09 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Static Fuse wrote:

Plenty of Stryer fans love Priest. Stryper was obviously influenced by Priest as well.
thank you. that's obvious just by listening to them. i'm surprised that the herd doesn't get that.

Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 am

I saw 'em in Lancaster at the Chameleon Club a few weeks ago. They were amazing...glad I went.

Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:12 am

I so wanted to go to that and couldnt find anyone to go with...Cliffy!?!?!? Why were you in the area? Do you live around here!

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?   Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody going to or have seen Stryper on this tour?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next