Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour

Go down 
+12
manny
nevermore
brokentulsa
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Required Fields
Gilbert
thejokeriv
Addy
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Empty
PostSubject: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 am

Stryper will celebrate the 30th anniversary of their breakthrough To Hell With the Devil album this Fall by touring in their old-school yellow & black stripey stage wear (and presumably performing the album in its entirety.)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stryper-to-don-original-yellow-and-black-costumes-for-to-hell-with-the-devil-30th-anniversary-tour/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 am

No dates announced yet but forthcoming.... i might go see them on this if they come to a close enough venue.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:25 pm

I've never seen'em tho I've been a fanboy since back in the day... might be finally time to rectify that with this tour....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Hope they play near me, will be cool to see especially since the THWTD tour was my first concert!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Hope it is good and we get a nice live release out of it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm just a slight fan of them, having lost interest right around the time of this release but kudos for sticking around so long. I'd check them out if given the chance.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Heh, my friend actually went to see Stryper live last night.

And yes, they still throw Bibles into the audience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 pm

Saw them last year and it was awesome! I would def go again,
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Hope they come close to me. I'd like to see them in the old outfits.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 10:34 am

Hopefully this gets a CD/DVD release when all is said and done.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 1:02 am

I saw this original tour with Loudness and TNT!!

I've seen Stryper 6-7xs I think... They never disappointed...

No tour dates within 200 miles of San Fran Bay Area...

At least the last time I looked!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 11:53 pm

They are suppose to BEE in my city as part of the Farm Rock festival in sept...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:58 am

Ive seen Stryper live twice. First was during the 2003 reunion tour, and then again in 2014 for their tour supporting No More Hell To Pay. They still throw bibles and both times their sets were pretty balanced. My favorite Stryper show was in 2003, prob cuz the opening act was Mars Hill which was a band from Rhode Island Michael Sweet produced their debut album. Great album too btw.

Id see them for the Anniversary tour theyre going to be near me on 7/23 but i wont go as I didnt think all that highly of Fallen.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 3:35 pm

I'd like to see this tour if it comes to my area.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Some cryptic posts on Stryper's official FB today. Trouble brewing in the yellow & black camp?

As many of you know, we are preparing a tour to celebrate the 30-year anniversary of To Hell With The Devil.  Although we’re extremely excited about this tour, our band and ministry is facing a crossroads for a variety of reasons, including some personal matters affecting our bassist, Tim Gaines that have affected the unity of our band.  

As a result, upon the conclusion of this tour, we have decided to take a hiatus to allow each band member to think and pray about the direction of the band going forward.  

We believe the right thing to do is to be open with all of you so we can continue on with integrity and put to rest any false rumors and accusations. We also believe we must honor our commitments in moving forward with the tour.  

The name “Stryper” is very important to us. What (and who) it represents is even more important. We take what we do very seriously as a band and ministry and we believe it’s our duty to take this hiatus based on our faith, so we can move forward in the right way.    

We do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you all,

Stryper

Dear friends,

To adress a few concerns regarding our most recent statement:

1 - Tim has not left the band.

2 - We felt the need to make a statement based on a multitude of emails, texts, private messages and phone calls. Because of this, we felt that the right thing to do was to make you all aware of the situation before the tour rather than start the tour based on false rumors, speculations and gossip. We respect you all and you mean everything to us so we wanted to at least present a statement that would put to rest (at least to some degree) all the here say.

3 - The tour IS continuing. We are NOT canceling or postponing the tour. We made this decision based on honoring our commitments, as originally planned, with the original lineup.

4 - Stryper is not breaking up. We plan to take some time after the tour to reevaluate things and at the right time, we will proceed. There is more planned and we are looking forward to that.

5 - As stated, we are a ministry every bit as much as we are a rock band. Because of this, we have to deal with things accordingly and biblically. We're not perfect, but we are accountable to God and each other. At least we should be. That's not to be taken lightly or passively.

6 - Before you comment and respond emotionally, please understand that we have thought, prayed, talked and counseled with others for weeks about the right way to handle all of this. Our decision to release a statement with the content that it contains was based on patience, wisdom and honor. We're trying to do the right thing. That's all we can do.

Here's to a great tour and God Bless you all!

Stryper

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:54 am

And after 30 years it's still the same stuff with Tim. Why is it always him? Anyway, looking forward to seeing them in November.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 7:00 am

I never understand what issues they have with Tim Gaines, he left the band briefly in the 80's, and anytime they seem to have issues, it always or it seems to be about Gaines.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 am

Beats me, seems like Tim has had one foot in and one foot out of the band for years.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 9:08 am

I saw the original tour, I prefer the last two lp's...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 8:51 pm

I got a ticket for the Charlotte show on Oct. 4th. I'm looking forward to seeing this show! headbanger
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Quote :
I never understand what issues they have with Tim Gaines, he left the band briefly in the 80's, and anytime they seem to have issues, it always or it seems to be about Gaines.

According to Michael's book they fired Tim in the 80s because Michael didn't feel like he was that great of a bass player... The way it read it made feel sorry for Tim..like Michael screwed him over somehow...Michael really attacked all the stryper members as well as his mother in the book...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 7:03 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
I saw this original tour with Loudness and TNT!!

I've seen Stryper 6-7xs I think...  They never disappointed...

No tour dates within 200 miles of San Fran Bay Area...

At least the last time I looked!!

Me too! And I met Tim and Robert at the mall of all places! They signed my Reason For The Season vinyl EP. What a great show but that was the only time I saw them.

Michael on Talk Is Jericho:

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 11:46 am

They still have 0 New England dates -shrugs-

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 1:06 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

According to Michael's book they fired Tim in the 80s because Michael didn't feel like he was that great of a bass player... The way it read it made feel sorry for Tim..like Michael screwed him over somehow...Michael really attacked all the stryper members as well as his mother in the book...

Michael comes across as extremely arrogant and egotistical in all of his interviews.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Maybe the other guys are not happy about Michael going solo again and the things he said about them in his book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour    Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper "THWTD" 30th Anniv. Tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next