Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vision Divine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:49 pm

Are there any fans here? I just picked up their new album, "9 Degrees West of the Moon", and to put it lightly, I'm just blown away by this monster of a power metal album. It will definitely make my cut for top 5 of the year. This album is my introduction to the band. I got it because I'm a huge Rhapsody fan and love Fabio Lione's vocals. I would say this is better than any album Rhapsody has ever recorded (save for maybe "Power of the Dragonflame").

Who else has this album? Who else likes this Italian metal band?

Vision Divine 218354
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Nobody here likes these guys?

Vision Divine Skull
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Haha you have to give it more than an hour for someone to respond hahaha. Like I said in the Labyrinth thread I like them but I think after the 2nd album they went a little weak. The new one is ok and a little more back into form like the first 2 but there just isn't anything really special about them. I was really aggrivated when their 3rd album was going to come out. Fabio was still the vocalist at the time and he was posting demos of the new songs then a few months later he had to leave the band and they got a new singer who wasn't bad but it wasnt the same. Along with the new singer they also changed their sound a little bit. The demos I heard previously ended up being watered down when I heard the final versions on the cd.

Same thing goes for Labyrinth. After the album Return To Heaven they seemed like they didn't know which direction they should be going in.

Rhapsody is a whole other story. Even though they are another Italian band they don't even come close to Labyrinth of Vision Divine. Rhapsody blows those 2 bands away. Its a shame that their last 2 albums though were complete garbage and they got screwed by Joey Dimeo from Manowar being on their label. I haven't heard anything from them since all that went down.

If you haven't heard Luca Turillis solo albums I suggest you pick those up. King Of The Nordic Twilight is awesome and so is Prophet Of The Last Eclipse. Those 2 albums are some of my favorites out of everything I listen to.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Oh I am well aware of Luca Turilli's solo stuff. And you're right - IT ROCKS!!!

I just love Italian metal in general.

For me, this new Vision Divine album gives me the chills. It's THAT good (to me). I would rate it a rare 10/10 score.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Maybe i'll have to thrown it in the player and give it another try.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:13 pm

I never heard Fabio with this band, I'm only familiar with The Perfect Machine and 25th Hour and they are both fantastic albums. I also like Rhapsody (though the last album was not very memorable but I did like SOEL Pt. 2-sometimes I think PRD has an over build up of wax in his ears Vision Divine Icon_biggrin) and Luca's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Hahaha SOEL pt.2 was not as half as good as Pt. 1. It didn't have the same memorable chanting chorus' throughout the album. I was very dissapointed about that.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Hahaha SOEL pt.2 was not as half as good as Pt. 1. It didn't have the same memorable chanting chorus' throughout the album. I was very dissapointed about that.

I agree.

My favorite Rhapsody album is "Power of the Dragonflame". I would give that one a 10/10. I would say the new Vision Divine is on par with that best Rhapsody album.

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I understand, SOEL2 was a lot more about epicness than memorable choruses and it is not as good as the others. However, I don't think it's a horrible album. What I like best about it is Christopher Lee as the narrator. He has such an awesome deep booming voice and it 1000X better than the previous narrator. The previous guy's voice was horrid and the lisp didn't make it any better ("Darnkneth runths cold!"). The song Garoyles, Angels of Darkness (from the awesome Power Of The Dragonflame) is almost ruined by that guy.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Yes, the narrator was better that time around. And I also agree it's still a good album. Still it's my least favorite Rhapsody platter though. But the truth is - they don't have any bad albums!

That is why I am loving this new Vision Divine. It's like the next step in Fabio's career - and it really fills that void left by Rhapsody (of Fire).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Also, Timo Tolkki did a great job producing this monster of an album!!!

It has that perfect production sound that I love.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Yes, the narrator was better that time around. And I also agree it's still a good album. Still it's my least favorite Rhapsody platter though. But the truth is - they don't have any bad albums!

That is why I am loving this new Vision Divine. It's like the next step in Fabio's career - and it really fills that void left by Rhapsody (of Fire).

Well then it seems I should seek this one out then Vision Divine Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 pm

I still prefer the first VD cd.

Alex

Sponsored content

Vision Divine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vision Divine   Vision Divine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vision Divine
Page 1 of 1