Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees

Go down 
+71
Required Fields
muckie
assault_attack
MoonChild
the sentinel
Vexer6
Glower
Sword Of The Heretic
stormspell
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
bassman
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ElectricEye93
Short-Fuse
Thelemech
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
akeldama
Boris2008
Hadley
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
nevermore
messiaen77
Orion Crystal Ice
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Red Kitty
Grimmo
stpatrik
Wurthless
exact33
Sutekh
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
The_Jayroh
James B.
MetalFRO
snooloui
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
sheets
spiritoradio
Leatherface
mr.electric39
rattpoison
Addy
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Schbopo
mc666
Svengo
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
manny
DeathCult
T-Roy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:38 am

James B. wrote:
If the fans vote KISS in like what happened to Rush last year (I believe ?)  Gene would jade a lot of them by snubbing anyone of the former members. IMHDO
James, I have to know, what does the D stand for in IMHDO? I've looked everywhere for an answer and can't find it.
Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 am

corplhicks wrote:
James B. wrote:
If the fans vote KISS in like what happened to Rush last year (I believe ?)  Gene would jade a lot of them by snubbing anyone of the former members. IMHDO
James, I have to know, what does the D stand for in IMHDO? I've looked everywhere for an answer and can't find it.
In my honest damn opinion?

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 am

corplhicks wrote:
Come to the source headbanger 

When regarding music, the "D" stands for drummer and in everything else it stands for dumb@$$.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 am

S.D. wrote:
Yes has had 19 members over the years themselves:

Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Alan White, Geoff Downes, Jon Davison, Jon Anderson, Tony Kaye, Peter Banks, Bill Bruford, Tony O'Reilly, Rick Wakeman, Patrick Moraz, Trevor Horn, Trevor Rabin, Eddie Jobson, Billy Sherwood, Igor Khoroshev, Benoit David and Oliver Wakeman.
So, if Yes gets in does that mean that all 19 of the members are featured. You'd think so. That would be a trip seeing all of them up on stage accepting. Quite a storied career, they deserve to get in.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:22 am

Hell has officially frozen over... KISS will be inducted into the RNR Hall of Fame in 2014...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/12/17/nirvana-kiss-peter-gabriel-linda-ronstadt-among-rock-hall-of-fame-inductees/4039049/

Other inductees include Nirvana, Hall & Oates, Peter Gabriel and Linda Ronstadt.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 am

James B. wrote:

When regarding music, the "D" stands for drummer and in everything else it stands for dumb@$$.

And the difference is.....?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hell has officially frozen over... KISS will be inducted into the RNR Hall of Fame in 2014...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/12/17/nirvana-kiss-peter-gabriel-linda-ronstadt-among-rock-hall-of-fame-inductees/4039049/

Other inductees include Nirvana, Hall & Oates, Peter Gabriel and Linda Ronstadt.

Hell yes, it's happening.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 am

Pffft, whatever. The fact that two good bands have been nominated doesn't change the fact they're joining such great rock icons as Public Enemy, Darlene Love, ABBA and Madonna. Why anyone cares who this private company decides to promote this year is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 am

ElectricEye93 wrote:
Pffft, whatever. The fact that two good bands have been nominated doesn't change the fact they're joining such great rock icons as Public Enemy, Darlene Love, ABBA and Madonna. Why anyone cares who this private company decides to promote this year is beyond me.

Me too, although I prefer Public Enemy, ABBA, and Madonna to KISS anyhow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:58 am

Not surprisingly the two best bands (Yes and Deep Purple) weren't inducted.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:17 am

S.D. wrote:

I really don't care about this rubbish but why those two weren't inducted years ago is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 7:17 am

Boris2008 wrote:
ElectricEye93 wrote:

Me too, although I prefer Public Enemy, ABBA, and Madonna to KISS anyhow.

I also have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for ABBA! I'm not putting down those bands or their fans but they're not rock n' roll by any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 am

S.D. wrote:

amongst the public vote they were 3rd and 4th (after Kiss and Nirvana). I hoped one of them would get in. That's lame. But absolutely to be expected.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am

S.D. wrote:

They should have been already...... but the RnRHoF is a joke.

HoM's favorite whipping boy Eddie Trunk posted that only Ace, Peter, Gene and Paul are being inducted.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 am

Good to see KISS finally make it, but it doesn't change the fact how piss poor the Hall really is. Many many deserving acts get passed over year after year, a shame really.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm curious to see if Kiss actually gives a rip about being inducted after being snubbed year after year.

Yes and Deep Purple are also more than deserving.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm curious to see if Kiss actually gives a rip about being inducted after being snubbed year after year.

Are you kidding? Gene would never pass up a chance to promote himself or the band. The real question is how they will deal with Ace & Peter. Gene already said he doesn't want them there.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:

"The spirit of rock and roll for me has always meant following the paths I choose regardless of what my critics or my peers think," Kiss singer Paul Stanley wrote in a statement on the band's official website. "For 40 years Kiss has built an army that apologizes to no one and I'm honored to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame knowing we have remained true to ourselves and our fans."

"This honor is for you," bassist Gene Simmons added, thanking the metal group's fans and members, past and present. "40 years of rockin' and still going strong."

There you go - from this article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/12/17/kiss-peter-gabriel-daryl-hall-react-to-rock-hall-induction/4051261/

Can of worms opened in article - KISS called a metal band...... LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:13 pm

The only way I would watch the induction ceremony for Kiss would be if they tied Gene and Paul down and let Ace and Peter beat the holy living shit out of them on live TV. Hell I'd PAY to see that.  Razz

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Purple and Yes both belong. That's obvious. They have miles more talent than Kiss. Also obvious. But the simple fact is that Kiss holds more historical significance in the evolution of rock and popular music than those two. Yes, Purple and Yes have contributed loads of significance--and they're more likable members--but eliminate Kiss from the timeline and you have a paradox.

The way I look at it, the HOF is finally playing catch-up after decades of arrogance and blindness. That they finally chose Kiss makes me happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm

The hall of fame is also very US-centric, the number of British and European artists still not inducted is frankly depressing.  Of course, more depressing for me since probably 90% of my favorite bands of all-time are British or European.  The choices last night continue this trend Kiss (US), Hall & Oates (US), Nirvana (US), Cat Stevens (US), Linda Ronstadt (US)....snubbed: Deep Purple (UK), Yes (UK).  

Screw 'em.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Deep Purple & Yes belong. Nirvana has no business going in..EVER   sick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Gene actually thanked all the members of KISS past and present by name on his official FB page this morning ... even Vinnie!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:40 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
James B. wrote:

And the difference is.....?
not much Laughing very hard

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:04 pm

I love KISS but Deep Purple's influence is huge, even some members of KISS admit they are Deep Purple fans, the fact they are not in remains a mystery to me.

Maybe they are pissed off because Blackmore slagged Rolling Stone magazine as nothing more then a gossip rag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees   The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Joke known as the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame annouce nominees
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next